• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Esca

Smash Champion
Vex and I discussed it all a while back, and we tested DI and looked at appropriate strats.

The reasons for DIing with dair for horizontal recovery is because your way less likely to have bad DI.

If you make it a habit to DI with bair same way every time you go horizontally, you're more than likely to have bad DI considering bair is a horizontal attack, so your control stick may be pointed backwards, or the wrong direction. Lol.

The same applies for bair on vertical recovery. Think about it, if a TL upsmashes you and you dair youll die earlier because your doing a downward move. If your holding bair you'll have better DI.

But over time I've learned to neutralize my control stick position before/after every attack. It helps alot.

And the airdodge is supposed to be after a buffered second jump. It cancels your momentum after the initial DI move.

dskank

Smash Journeyman
ok thx

i always hold control stick up for vert and dair with c-stick then jump, then same thing vertically only to the side, but ill try ur way

is it hypothetically better to di from vert with down air do to it having less ending frames?

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Both moves come out on frame 7 if I remember correctly. Dair is faster. Bair is slightly slower by like maybe 2-3 frames. When you momentum cancel with dair you'll fastfall afterwards unless your c-stick is set to attack rather then smash. The way I di is I double stick di. If I where to get hit with a Tink up-smash Depending on my location, let's say Bf's bottom left platform and he hits me when Im to the left of him meaning I go to up and the blast zone on the left is further way, I'd double stick (Anyone here familiar with the Stick fighter notation like 5 is neutral and 6 is forward while 8 is up and 2 is down)

123 <------- this

I'd Double Stick Smash Di with the grey stick at the 7 position and the yellow stick at the 3 then I'll Bair/Dair, and Fastfall or Jump.

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Meri Kurisumasuu!

I thought airdodging doesn't cancel momentum at all? I thought people only used it cuz their other aerials were too slow.

Esca

Smash Champion
After an aerial and a second jump buffered your airdodge will do justice just as well as Pits other options. There's like 3 right ways to be able to DI with this character since, well.. he's got a pretty equally similar set of aerials so there's no real wrong one to DI with. I just remember the literal fastest methods that we worked out so I use those.

Katana_koden

Smash Ace
What do you guys think of rolling back?
Back roll is slower. Basically forward roll is 5 frames faster.

If you smash left first then block, basically you sub back roll for forward with the same positioning but better.

New meta? Haha merry christmas :p

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Wow, played Anti last night with Pit for the first time on wifi in ages lol, was getting ***** hard, when I ***** him last time hard. Guess I got payback'd :cool: That dude is nuts on wifi.

Also, Merry Christmas guys :)

Esca

Smash Champion
What do you guys think of rolling back?
Back roll is slower. Basically forward roll is 5 frames faster.

If you smash left first then block, basically you sub back roll for forward with the same positioning but better.

New meta? Haha merry christmas :p
The forward/backward roll thing is pretty playstyle dependant. I like to back roll for the sheer fact that I have arrows to pressure with. I try and keep a solid ratio of 3 arrows to 1 attack.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I think the weakest part of dsmash (front part, far from pit) can lock at really low %. I don't know if it's like ftilt, which gives an animation that only looks like a lock but isn't one.
Can someone double check?

It'd be our only grounded "locking" move, and at low percent and with strict spacing too. Combined with the footstool>lock setup (weak bair one iirc), you'd have dsmash>walking uncharged fsmash, for about 45%

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
she already knows what you look like and you don't even look hispanic...not like the generic hispanic anyway

Top Bottom