• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Sooooo lost to a peach in tourney again...not mk...i beat the mk...lost to peach...WOOHOO >.> Came closer to beating the only marth main on florida PR's with Pit than i did peach >.<

So a Peach has knocked you out of tourneys multiple times? That sucks :urg:

Do you think you know the match up really well? What is your general strategy going into the match? Usually I camp against Peach ridiculously hard.

I remember in my first tourney I got eliminated by a Falco. I got totally destroyed and it motivated made me to learn the matchup really well. Now if I ever face a Falco in a tourney again, I will be prepared when they will probably lack Pit experience. You should channel your frustration into learning the Peach matchup even better than you know now.

@Maharba: lol that toad info is funny, I will try it next time :awesome:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I only played Pit once and it was against atomsk IC's

he says I should stayed Pit because It's harder than My kirby....hmmmmmmmm

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
:(
So a Peach has knocked you out of tourneys multiple times? That sucks :urg:

Do you think you know the match up really well? What is your general strategy going into the match? Usually I camp against Peach ridiculously hard.

I remember in my first tourney I got eliminated by a Falco. I got totally destroyed and it motivated made me to learn the matchup really well. Now if I ever face a Falco in a tourney again, I will be prepared when they will probably lack Pit experience. You should channel your frustration into learning the Peach matchup even better than you know now.

@Maharba: lol that toad info is funny, I will try it next time :awesome:
My personal 2 worst mu....peach and falco. You have to play so different against both of em. Camping doesnt work THAT well but it does help on peach...i usually take advantage of her float cancel. My main problem is knowing when and how to punish. Falco...im just bad against good falcos. Trust me ive been trying to learn the peach mu by playing kyon but having no vids to go off of makes everything i do mere speculation on what might work. So when i get em in tourney im just doing what i think i can since i dont understand it yet :p. Of course it doesnt help that they are all good peaches instead of trash ones :( /discouragement i will remember the toad thing though i just wait and punish but i like that. And ya i use usmash and sliding usmash for the kill sometimes. And sweetspot dash attack. Ill have vids vs 2 diff peaches up soon from ESAM's tourney.

@TKBro Pit does well against ice climbers. I personally dont mind the mu. But at the same time i got snake <3

Edit: how can i record matches w/o having to use a webcam and have my hacks show? I'd love to know plz. Like where i can get the stuff how much it is etc etc.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Well being a Peach Secondary, I hate Pit's up-smash while Im peach. Don't get to close to me I float Nair OoS A lot. Play campy vs peach you're Up-b ruins her float. Up-smash OoS A lot. If she floats, Just SH Aerials. Her Airdodge is Horrendous, Her pivot grab is slow as hell. Her killing moves are harder to hit with exception of the Ground Float Bair OoS, and non stale Fair. Up-smash you shouldn't be hit by it unless you got like legitly hardcore read.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
*sigh* going through the transition of mains is a *****...I saw yesterday just how much better my snake is in general even though my pit surprised me.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
if u do well with snake y try to main pit.
Cuz i <3 both. And i believe in Pit and i do amazing against some top players with Pit but see how limited my knowledge of him is. I lack experience with him not skill. So ima just keep using him in MM and Pools till hes ready to break out like a beast :p sorry i wont be goin all pit for a while guys D:

LOL ya that was pretty good. Only thing i have to say bad is that no1 seemed to realize you can easily just attack pit after the dash attack :p

My official goal for the year: Get my Pit and Falco up to my snakes level as well as advance my snake. having 3 mains will be hard....but if ninjalink can literally main everyone i can main 3 =3

Nitrix

Smash Ace
Its fine if you don't want to go all-pit. Sometimes a secondary or co-main is needed every now and then. Don't feel guilty, Palutena still <3s you

dualseeker

Smash Ace
Pit: One of the greatest Heroes of our time
That vid was so legit @__@.

Yass is the only legit player that I've seen loop Arrow's well. He makes me want to improve my Arrow Looping game...... If only lag didn't mess up my looping >__>.

I bet Yass could place high, or even win, a tournament with Pit. He's just so good with him.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Yass is good but there were so many moments where a good player could of simply hit him to stop the baiting and ****.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
hold on that's not fair. how could yass be the best pit in europe if he wasn't playing good people? obviously he is good and so are his fellow brawlers so saying that being mind gamed by his pit and his swarm of arrow makes them bad doesn't make sense. just because arrow looping works for yass (keep supportin the style Yass ima believer) when every other pit thinks its useless there is no need to say those players aren't good.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
Guys, am I the only one getting a bit lost in all those threads? Couldn't we get a moderator to... clean a little?
I mean, I feel like every single thread is about arrow looping right now. And maybe unify all thse "I've got an idea" thread?

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
hold on that's not fair. how could yass be the best pit in europe if he wasn't playing good people? obviously he is good and so are his fellow brawlers so saying that being mind gamed by his pit and his swarm of arrow makes them bad doesn't make sense. just because arrow looping works for yass (keep supportin the style Yass ima believer) when every other pit thinks its useless there is no need to say those players aren't good.
When i see a Pit do that stuff against a high level player in a national already guarenteed high placing and especially mk or any other A tier for that matter. Ill believe in that style. I had got as good as he was its just not tourney viable that much. Not that i dont enjoy the creativity. It adds nice flare. But its unnecessary. Kinda like that one sheik player gimpyfish who and zudenka who like to show off alot instead of use more practical stuff which could prolly make them do/did better. Till you can space everything perfectly and have a mastery and plentiful knowledge and experience with pit there is no use wasting time implementing arrow looping. After you do that i believe you delve into arrow looping tactics as only then can they even POSSIBLY be effective. I have gotten wins off loops. I just feel developing pressure game is more important.

Esca

Smash Champion
When i see a Pit do that stuff against a high level player in a national already guarenteed high placing and especially mk or any other A tier for that matter. Ill believe in that style. I had got as good as he was its just not tourney viable that much. Not that i dont enjoy the creativity. It adds nice flare. But its unnecessary. Kinda like that one sheik player gimpyfish who and zudenka who like to show off alot instead of use more practical stuff which could prolly make them do/did better. Till you can space everything perfectly and have a mastery and plentiful knowledge and experience with pit there is no use wasting time implementing arrow looping. After you do that i believe you delve into arrow looping tactics as only then can they even POSSIBLY be effective. I have gotten wins off loops. I just feel developing pressure game is more important.
THISTHISTHIS.

I don't even know how to arrow rain!

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
The way I see it, arrow loops/rain, etc, are all a part of this "pressure game". It takes skill and a precious time which "classic" pit-s will use shooting straight arrows and baiting airdodges through them, but it is -in my eyes, and when perfected just like yass did- viable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm personally 100% against arrow looping, I can't implement it in my game for the life of me, BUT it just seems to be another way.
There are agressive falcos, there are campy warios, you can have some totally different playstyles and yet, effective in their own way.

Snopy

Smash Apprentice
You guys don't know Europe if you think Yass would be able to win a international tourney over here by playing like that. Also a lot of his scenes, are from wifi. I can tell you, because I also play him on wifi from time to time. But don't get me wrong, his CV is really entertaining and really flashy by far the best Pit CV that's out there. But Still Arrowloop won't become legit, just because of a Combo Video. It's still nothing else then a gimmick which won't work against good players once they figuered out how to avoid and punish it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
wow wat a great way to put it. i fold to your logic sir :) still loopin tho
Fine w/me.
The way I see it, arrow loops/rain, etc, are all a part of this "pressure game". It takes skill and a precious time which "classic" pit-s will use shooting straight arrows and baiting airdodges through them, but it is -in my eyes, and when perfected just like yass did- viable.
Don't get me wrong, I'm personally 100% against arrow looping, I can't implement it in my game for the life of me, BUT it just seems to be another way.
There are agressive falcos, there are campy warios, you can have some totally different playstyles and yet, effective in their own way.
Ehhh....we dont even really have a viable metagame yet so we cant say we have different viable styles :(. WE'RE WORKING ON IT THOUGH.:awesome:

lol ALL DA PITS BE RETURNING. Btw wdf happened to Rogue? He like came back for a while and then disappeared xD

Nitrix

Smash Ace

I think the creativity of Yass is refreshing. If the strategies of Pit continue to be pushed, sooner or later something viable will come out of it.

I do agree with your opinion regarding arrow looping. It should be the last thing on a Pit's list. Becoming proficient at looping requires a large investment of time and skill, and doesn't give nearly as much of a profit as investing that time and skill in other areas of Pit. I don't even loop arrows yet.

CYVE

Smash Journeyman
What about Undr, he came back a year ago, with the message to make new vids and disappeared afterwards again x_x

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
He still lurks and plays. He gets on when he needs to
I demand more pit videos. I've been going off pure theory craft on my part. I personally find masashi's style only part of Pit. So i dont watch him as much. Not to mention if we dont get vids up we cant help each other grow :(

Rogue D:

Esca D:

Ramen you friggin lurker D: you got to get a video of you vs Kyon next tourney. I need some friggin base here.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
You guys don't know Europe if you think Yass would be able to win a international tourney over here by playing like that. Also a lot of his scenes, are from wifi. I can tell you, because I also play him on wifi from time to time. But don't get me wrong, his CV is really entertaining and really flashy by far the best Pit CV that's out there. But Still Arrowloop won't become legit, just because of a Combo Video. It's still nothing else then a gimmick which won't work against good players once they figuered out how to avoid and punish it.
Well, you didn't achieve anything with your planking either. Yass' way of Arrow looping is viable in tourney, and he's like the only one who can do it this good. I've seen him play in France against great players, like Kaak etc. He did all his arrow tricks, they all worked. It would be punishable if he did it like a noob-pit and hold sheild while arrowlooping wich makes him roll or something like that. Yass does it while playing, and I don't know any Pit who can do it as good as him. How can they avoid something as an unexpected arrow coming out of the air, controlled by someone who actually knows how and where to place it to actually hit. Weird.

Anyway, Yass won't win a European national, true. But blame our bad character, not his unique way of playing.

Blubolouis

Smash Lord
I agree with what you said Ayoub (I saw Yass do this too o.o) but don't blame our character either. I said I thought this way of playing was viable, but I don't think Yass was ready to win a tournament with his level anyway. These are tools, but they alone aren't enough.
I hope he'll be at bbi2.

tl;dr: IMO Pit can win a big tournament.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
I agree with what you said Ayoub (I saw Yass do this too o.o) but don't blame our character either. I said I thought this way of playing was viable, but I don't think Yass was ready to win a tournament with his level anyway. These are tools, but they alone aren't enough.
I hope he'll be at bbi2.

Pit is a defensive character which is amazing for brawl. Of course he can. Whether someone gets to that level and has the patience/drive to do so is another story.

P.S. gonna have more new vids up vs quite a good mk up to help yall with the mu.

The more i learn it the more i feel its 55-45 mk. Ill continue my research on the matter.

Ayoub

Smash Ace
I hope he'll be at bbi2.

Pit won't win a tournament with all those MKs. (:
For europe: with all this MK/Marth mains, wich are horrible MU's for Pit.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Pit won't win a tournament with all those MKs. (:
For europe: with all this MK/Marth mains, wich are horrible MU's for Pit.
Its doable. And you can always secondary for mk if u suck at the mu. It is a very hard one. Marth is VERY doable though.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
guess whos abotu to spend the several hours uploading vids that rank from good-amazazazing?
you know...none of you ever did answer my friggin question :glare: i asked how you record replays w/o a web cam and still have hacks active and how much $ is it and where can i buy what is needed?

Top Bottom