• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
First off im black. Im sorry if your trying to be black but your failing real hard now. How about we just make us both happy and you dont mod here and leave and Kuro becomes mod?

Abel1994

Smash Lord
I rest my case. Your no different from me and that means a lot. You troll hard just like me and you post stupid pics like me. How the **** did they let you mod? And your my least favorite mod because whenever i troll other boards. their mods are cool and nice especailly the Wolf Mod and the sheik mod Ankoku

Abel1994

Smash Lord
Lol, you have no case dude.

Take a joke, this is a social thread.

It's clear you're going to get mad at everything I say, even if I have no mean intentions behind them.

Besides, I didn't even ban you, but you'll blame be anyways.

You want to act samart? Tell them who gave you the six points that got you banned? Did I? No I did not, I gave you one infraction because someone reported you, meaning someone was annoyed of your trolling.
I know you guys have your jokes, but when someone comes up to me and tells me straight up that you're a problem, you will be hanlded.

Also, how about that trolling infraction I just gave you?

Oh yeah, I never actually gave you one; that was a joke. I shouldn't even have to explain these things to you, you didn't even read what I said that made Kuro unworthy to be a mod, you're just saying a bunch of disses just to say them.
Hes unworthey cuz you lied and said that he said "I want to be a mod"

GET AT ME

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Legit picture :laugh:

It's clear you're going to get mad at everything I say, even if I have no mean intentions behind them.

Besides, I didn't even ban you, but you'll blame be anyways.

You want to act samart? Tell them who gave you the six points that got you banned? Did I? No I did not, I gave you one infraction because someone reported you, meaning someone was annoyed of your trolling.
I know you guys have your jokes, but when someone comes up to me and tells me straight up that you're a problem, you will be hanlded.

Oh yeah, I never actually gave you one; that was a joke. I shouldn't even have to explain these things to you, you didn't even read what I said that made Kuro unworthy to be a mod, you're just saying a bunch of disses just to say them.
Eh, he read it. And i still disagree with it. Cuz all i did was ask about it...i thought it waas like the bbr and there were requirements/applications and i couldn't find any. So i asked the only mod ik.

Purple

Hi guys!

Besides, I didn't even ban you the multiple times you've been banned, but you'll blame be anyways. You want to act samart? Tell them who gave you the six points that got you banned? Did I? No I did not, I gave you one infraction because someone reported you, meaning someone was annoyed of your trolling. Everything i've infracted you for has been reported for being a trolling/spam comment. I know you guys have your jokes, me and esca have talked about this, and I have been BEYOND lenient with it, but when someone comes up to me and tells me straight up that you're a problem, you will be dealt with. That's what moderators are here to do, we're not here to let you do whatever you want, we're hear to make sure you do things within reason. Kuro is too friendly with all of you, he wouldn't infract you, and if something gets out of hand, he'd do nothing because he's too friendly to all of you. But you guys don't care about this because you're the general public. That's why 'research' on who should be a mod doesn't work.

Here's an example, say a large mass of drug dealers say that so and so should be the mayor of a city. Does that make that governor legit? No it doesn't, so what's it's a majority of a group, the fact is that they're allowing a person to have power that relates to them, that lets them get away with **** they aren't supposed to be doing.

Now thing about your situation, you guys spam, talk about drugs, etc. If kuro became a mod none of this would be mediated whatsoever. If someone reported it, then it would not be changed or handled. There's a lot of things that you don't understand about how SWF moderation works, and a great deal of it is private anyways.

Look at that screen shot you just took, when was the last infraction i gave you? Almost a month ago, this just proves I haven't been infracting you even though you might've been spamming this thread. Yet you still complain? Take a joke dude.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
This still doesnt explain why Kuro cant be mod.

Did you put him in the black list because you lied and said that he wanted to be mod or are you jelous that 90%+ people want him mod instead of you? And I did read it.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Lol roxy posted same thing twice :o

I like roxy. I just disagree with what went down in that thread. That was some bs. I also think it's better to have insiders as mods like all the other boards do.

Purple

Hi guys!
Abel, he insinuated he wanted to be a mod.

If a person comes up to you and says.

"How would I go about becoming a manager? I'm a really kind hearted person and I work really hard, and here's a couple of recommendations, what do I do?"

They -usually- aren't asking for ****s and giggles, it's because they want to be a manager, or in Kuro's case, a mod.

And to Kuro.

I can tell you two things about moderation, and this is one of those unwritten rules that has been followed for years. If you bring up being a mod in any way, that black lists you. We want people who are here just to be here, who aren't saying positive things, and mini-modding just because they want to be a mod, but instead because it's the right thing. We want people who are natural leaders, and not people who are pushing themselves to lead.

Sure, this has it's drawbacks, because there are times where we get bad mods, but that's just the rule behind it. Because of the fact you privately asked about it, It showed that you had intentions of being a mod, which is something you're not supposed to show.

Even if that was the case though, the pit boards are 'relatively' small., and because of that doesn't require another person to get a power role for such a small area. So in order to give you guys a moderator that can lock and stick threads, they just took a moderator from another position, and gave them two different places.

However Kuro, I can see about making you a discussion leader. I don't -think- you guys have one.

Also Abel, i'm not jealous, in fact I can care less. I'm just doing my job, if people hate me for it I try to make things easier, but at the end of the day some people will hate me and there's nothing I can do about it.

Abel1994

Smash Lord
You can actually main pit and be active thats what you can do.

people who join torneys should be mods lol

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

Besides, I didn't even ban you the multiple times you've been banned, but you'll blame be anyways. You want to act samart? Tell them who gave you the six points that got you banned? Did I? No I did not, I gave you one infraction because someone reported you, meaning someone was annoyed of your trolling. Everything i've infracted you for has been reported for being a trolling/spam comment. I know you guys have your jokes, me and esca have talked about this, and I have been BEYOND lenient with it, but when someone comes up to me and tells me straight up that you're a problem, you will be dealt with. That's what moderators are here to do, we're not here to let you do whatever you want, we're hear to make sure you do things within reason. Kuro is too friendly with all of you, he wouldn't infract you, and if something gets out of hand, he'd do nothing because he's too friendly to all of you. But you guys don't care about this because you're the general public. That's why 'research' on who should be a mod doesn't work.

Here's an example, say a large mass of drug dealers say that so and so should be the mayor of a city. Does that make that governor legit? No it doesn't, so what's it's a majority of a group, the fact is that they're allowing a person to have power that relates to them, that lets them get away with **** they aren't supposed to be doing.

Now thing about your situation, you guys spam, talk about drugs, etc. If kuro became a mod none of this would be mediated whatsoever. If someone reported it, then it would not be changed or handled. There's a lot of things that you don't understand about how SWF moderation works, and a great deal of it is private anyways.

Look at that screen shot you just took, when was the last infraction i gave you? Almost a month ago, this just proves I haven't been infracting you even though you might've been spamming this thread. Yet you still complain? Take a joke dude.
Too friendly? I don't post anything on half the crap goes on here cuz that's not my job. That's yours. I would infract when necessary just like you do.
Abel, he insinuated he wanted to be a mod.

If a person comes up to you and says.

"How would I go about becoming a manager? I'm a really kind hearted person and I work really hard, and here's a couple of recommendations, what do I do?"

They -usually- aren't asking for ****s and giggles, it's because they want to be a manager, or in Kuro's case, a mod.

And to Kuro.

I can tell you two things about moderation, and this is one of those unwritten rules that has been followed for years. If you bring up being a mod in any way, that black lists you. We want people who are here just to be here, who aren't saying positive things, and mini-modding just because they want to be a mod, but instead because it's the right thing. We want people who are natural leaders, and not people who are pushing themselves to lead.

Sure, this has it's drawbacks, because there are times where we get bad mods, but that's just the rule behind it. Because of the fact you privately asked about it, It showed that you had intentions of being a mod, which is something you're not supposed to show.

Even if that was the case though, the pit boards are 'relatively' small., and because of that doesn't require another person to get a power role for such a small area. So in order to give you guys a moderator that can lock and stick threads, they just took a moderator from another position, and gave them two different places.

However Kuro, I can see about making you a discussion leader. I don't -think- you guys have one.

Also Abel, i'm not jealous, in fact I can care less. I'm just doing my job, if people hate me for it I try to make things easier, but at the end of the day some people will hate me and there's nothing I can do about it.
1) i never brought it up b4 hand cuz i didn't care and it never crossed my mind. Somone else's mentioning is what even lead to the possibility. I only asked cuz i want to be able to do anythng and everything for the pit boards as fast as possible and as well as possible.
2) What's a discussion leader?
3) No1 hates you.
4) i see why you guys have those things in place but really...that eliminates alot of genuine people who only ask cuz they are outgoing and wish to be able to help and keep the place as good as possible

Purple

Hi guys!
A discussion leader essentially just keeps the thread moving. Where the moderator moderates people and gives infractions, discussion leaders Are a secondary form a power so to speak, If the mod doesn't direct someone to the right thread, you'd basically do it. You get a postbit and I think a custom title too.

Abel that's the worst analogy I've ever heard.

I agree that it takes away some genuine people, but it pulls away even more bad apples.

Xcallion

Smash Ace
as far as i know kuro has never done any mini-modding. he wasnt even the first person to suggest he be a mod(i believe that it was magarba who first suggested that). yet, everyone agreed with the idea and only after he had the support of the vast majority of people on the pit boards did he ask how to become a mod. note: kuro didnt even say "Can i be a mod please?" he asked what process one uses to become a mod. kuro is one of the last people i would want on a blacklist.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You're one to talk about horrible, horrible analogies, Rox. Seriously. You just compared every Pit main to a !@#$ing drug dealer. What the **** is wrong with you? I can tolerate Abel's one-liner posts and troll moments, but directly dissing members and setting up jokes like what you pull for troll bait, like in the match up discussion thread ("Hurr, I infracted you")... You could be a little more graceful, you may not care about how we feel about you, but what about us?

Not everyone here talks about drugs/sex and !@#$, and most of it's in the social thread. If you are going to talk about that, just simply ask people to stop, and then infract them if they continue. I don't think anyone is upset about that, and if they are, that's their own problem. There's other issues here.

I kicked a child to get him out of the way.

I mean, it got him out of the way so awesome! :D
>implying physical violence/child abuse is relative to a little trolling + irony to make a topic work (still stupid lol)

I also think it's better to have insiders as mods like all the other boards do.
But having a drug-dealer Pit main as a mod wouldn't help us at all, because we all totally don't know the rules! :awesome:

Joking aside, it'd be for the best. Pit main that actually takes the initiative to help in threads, stays active most of the time, contributes to discussion, and actually likes the boards. All qualities of someone that would be more helpful. But beggers can't be choosers. Still, I don't think any of us really dig this animosity between the mod, and members that frequent these "small" forums (which imo are actually quite lively and large to me, coming from the WARIO boards which are in a sleepy time right now)...

As for the blacklist, I don't understand it that much. I've only asked a someone in the BBR that wasn't an active moderator I think, and they told me the same thing, that you just get picked up. But never told me that you get blacklisted for being curious. This was before you were modding here I think Rox, and no one actively helped around here that much.

What the hell is wrong with showing initiative anyways, I think Kuro showing interest/asking about the process and wanting to be a mod is not the same thing as "make me a mod please, how do I do it please, lololol", which is what it is being made out to be according to policy. That's just incorrect, and shouldn't be used against someone's potential to be recruited. I've always wanted to be helpful here, but I've found my own ways to do it, if not just to stick around, discuss, promote my character, and make friends. I don't think anyone here fits the criteria for a blacklist.

Purple

Hi guys!
Krys, don't take the drug dealers analogy to heart.

If a group of people are doing something negative recommend someone, it makes the recommendation look negative as well. This might not directly relate to you, but it relates to a big deal of who consistently post. This doesn't change how any of you are as people, but some of you do spam, and some of you do talk about inappropriate (by SWF means) content.

You're thinking too much into the words and not the basic idea. The basic idea of the first analogy is that "If a negative group of people *no matter how severe, whether it's drug dealers or trollers/spammers* recommend a person for a position of power, it in turn could allows them to get away with some of the negative things they do; it's quid quo pro so to speak".

Here's the problem Krys, this has happened before, and I have asked people to stop after giving them a warning (not an infraction mind you) and people got pissy over it. You probably weren't strongly active when this happened, but believe me, this has happened before and it caused a fuss.

Having a mod that knows how to play pit doesn't particular change anything, it just means I'll know how to play pit.

So what?

The point of moderating is to just make sure certain conversations are mediated and that things are kept to a healthy medium, that has nothing to do with who I main as a character. Now a discussion leader that mains pit makes perfect sense, because in order to improve discussion, you have to know the character and the people who are interested in said character.

As for the blacklist, I don't understand it that much. I've only asked a someone in the BBR that wasn't an active moderator I think, and they told me the same thing, that you just get picked up. But never told me that you get blacklisted for being curious. This was before you were modding here I think Rox, and no one actively helped around here that much.
The black list is kind of taken with a grain of salt, if you constantly show interest, it turns us away from appointing you as a moderator. There's not exactly, a physical list of people who will never be mods, but asking -does- make things worse, for you.

Nothing is really wrong with showing initiative, it's just provoked initiative that we don't like. Showing initiative with the intention of getting something in return would mean that once you get what you want, you have no reason to show initiative, and will even slow down on it. I can believe that Kuro wasn't pushing to become a mod, but even with that, I was told that the area is too small to have it's own mod, hence why no one's appointed and you guys have a stand-in

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well.. you gotta admit that the word choice for your you used was slightly off. Sorry if I took it too literal/to heart. But really, are all the people reccomending Kuro trolls/spammers? I mean, I may not be recommending Kuro (though he is a damn cool dude)... I'm just asking.

As for maining/using/showing interest in the character, it would help because you would then show active discussion and genuine interest in the character. but it's not a requirement, it's just a nice bonus. I disagree that people SHOULD main the character of the respective board they moderate, but they should at least show interest (not to say you don't but I'm just putting that out there). I understand, because Zigsta doesn't main Wario (I think) but he's real cool with the boards and moderates well. And he shows consistent interest in Wario in general :)

I think a lot of the "hate" is misplaced on ya, Rox. Was just a little tired of seeing it in general. Course, I'm sure you are too.

And thanks for the clarification on "blacklisting". Was curious.

Purple

Hi guys!
I'm sure it was, I have bad analogies sometimes :(. It's not that everyone who recommended up are trolls/spammers, but the most vocal of them are.

I used to be interested in pit, however I haven't had the opportunity to actually play Brawl, so I haven't really been able to practice characters like I'd like to.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I used to be interested in pit, however I haven't had the opportunity to actually play Brawl, so I haven't really been able to practice characters like I'd like to.
That's completely understandable, and hey, I think it's a bit much to ask a mod who (correct me if I'm wrong) was ASSIGNED to here to "get interested", lol, especially if you haven't been playing. I thank you for your hard work. Nothing personal, I just felt jumpy earlier and it was just so... funny, honestly, I had to bite...

Dear God.
What has happenned.
Ssshhhh... Nothing. There's nothi-

OH DEAR GOD RUN IM SORRY WHAT DID I DO OMG

:colorful:

Top Bottom