• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
get him to go to tournaments man! we need him to come out of nowhere and kick *** or make a vid displaying all of his knowledge
He has been to some, and some of GA knows him. A lot have asked me if I was anywhere near his level, lol. The video thing is possible, we'll see. I really need to get out to a GA tourney.

T2 virus

Smash Rookie
Nice little lessons w/ the yugioh cards, lol.

Katana's Pit is so beautiful! And yes I said beautiful! That's not a common adjective to describe a male, but the way he was playing in training mode showing me all this new stuff with Pit; it was like a fireworks show! He can arrow loop perfectly, his wingdashes are on point, and I didn't know that you can cancel it with dair, nair, and upair(can instant uptilt afterwards). He also showed me this very quick side-step jab, but you have to have quick fingers and flick the control stick away then back. And he also showed me the slow run where you can run all to the ledge and not fall off. I still can't do those last two yet >_<.

He also knows frame data like crazy--short hop is 40 frames, and fast fall shorthop is 30 frames. Most of Pit's attack end before 40 frames, so that's why we can do all of them in a sh. We can also autocancel fastfall bair, but it takes practice. Also upthrow and downthrow are very underated and we need to use upthrow A LOT more.

Cloudfox has been getting 4th in AZ tournaments these past two times, and Earth & Masashi still get top 5(these don't really count--just saying) :/

KiraFlax, Krystedez, Esca, Earth(maybe) and who else for Genesis??? Yall better get it in!!

I play Katana's Pit on the regular, and that is THE MOST ANNOYING PERSON THAT I HATE PLAYING. Like omfg, His pit is so WTF mindgame annoying as **** omfgbbq gtfo with those Quad looping arrow BS....

Yea, hes Good tho, Definitely the best pit I've played or will probably ever play.

Esca

Smash Champion
He also knows frame data like crazy--short hop is 40 frames, and fast fall shorthop is 30 frames. Most of Pit's attack end before 40 frames, so that's why we can do all of them in a sh. We can also autocancel fastfall bair, but it takes practice. Also upthrow and downthrow are very underated and we need to use upthrow A LOT more.
We can auto cancel any aerial. And Uthrow is Pit's 2nd best throw, aside from fthrow.

fUddO

Smash Ace
My ranking of the throws:

Fthrow:
-chaingrab
-kill potential at 180+
-true combo into Fsmash at low %

Uthrow:
-does the most damage, puts them above you
-kill potential at 210+

Dthrow:
-low % combos, good when we don't have the cg or fsmash from fthrow

Bthrow:
-gets them above and behind you, can't be DI'd low. Good for putting people into a dangerous position offstage at mid %

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
I play Katana's Pit on the regular, and that is THE MOST ANNOYING PERSON THAT I HATE PLAYING. Like omfg, His pit is so WTF mindgame annoying as **** omfgbbq gtfo with those Quad looping arrow BS....

Yea, hes Good tho, Definitely the best pit I've played or will probably ever play.
I guess we have to play bro. Next time I come, I'll let him know, but yeah he is seriously the most technical Pit out there. I mean he made the frame data thread and he understands everything in there >_<

Tesh

Smash Hero
No one knows the Pit matchup Esca. Nair feels about as easy to DI out of as Sonic's fair and I never see anyone punishing that on hit (well sometimes).

What angle do the hits send people? Up right?

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
No one knows the Pit matchup Esca. Nair feels about as easy to DI out of as Sonic's fair and I never see anyone punishing that on hit (well sometimes).

What angle do the hits send people? Up right?
True, and the angle it sends people depends on their DI. Also, what Esca is talking about it by the top players--and since he lives in a region filled w/ them--he probably encounters it more, but even so, depending on the character--it can lead to jab-->grab followups and uptilt if they start DIing out quickly.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
The moves I use to get back on stage

Ledge drop options

Ledge drop, jump Pivot arrow (highly punishable if block)
Ledge drop, jump Mirror shield (punishable by grabbing do not attempt unless you're sure they're gonna attack)
Ledge Drop, RAR Bair (one of my favorite things to do, and you don't necessarily have to land on stage)
Ledge Drop, jump Reverse Air dodge, Uptilt (it puts you closer to your opponent meaning it might hit more)
Ledge Drop, jump Instant Nair (you have certain frames to do this or you'll have a lagging landing)
Ledge Drop, jump, Reverse Dair (do not land on stage with this) (If you time it right you'll grab the edge again)

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
found out that if you reverse nair someone after 5% and only hit with the last hitbox, it sets them up to be ftilt>force get up. aside from that and full hop retreat, wat esca said.

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Yoshi's is the place where miracles happen! Grab release's, Chain Grabs, Dash Attack Jab Dtilt Spike. You name it, It's my best stage LOL

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
PTZR, could you please post that information in my stage discussion thread.

oh ya speaking of that

battlefield,
smashville,
lylat cruise.

vote in the stage thread for one of these and i will start a new stage discussion.

Esca

Smash Champion
I mean, there's always an exception to the rule. I use nair against big characters, and taller/heavier than Falco.

link2702

Smash Champion
any other state can be awesome when you don't live there(well..usually some states though like ohio *note just my opinion* are mad boring just traveling there); staying in your own state so long eventually gets boring so that you wanna see anywhere else.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Lol enjoy it abel. Florida can be awesome. Especially if you don't live here.
Moving to Florida next year. Around the Tampa area. So many characters occupied. *Sigh*

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Moving to Florida next year. Around the Tampa area. So many characters occupied. *Sigh*
You'll get some good training in tampa if your into brawl. Do you plan on entering tourneys once u come to Fl? Cuz you'll be near redhalberd, mampam, trump, scarylb59(aka ed), and the rest of tampa. They hold weekly smashfests and come down to central florida for tourneys every once in a while.

Starwave

Smash Cadet
Hi fellow Pit mains. Having recently joined this forums, I feel obligated to introduce myself to you. Although i'm feeling foolish, i should have joined 3 years ago...

I've played smash casually and today is the day where I want to start playing competitively. I'm not completely in the dark though, i've lurked for at least 2 years and I know all about Pit in the current metagame. For a mid tier, he sure has good matchups!

Although I live in a limited area (Canada) with limited income, I still wish to be a part of the smash community even if I can't "play" competitively.

PS: Is there general brawl IRC channel?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
so guys, i've officially got some MMs against illmatic and P4 being uploaded by RT hopefully sometime tomorrow. i finally beat on of the houston PR! and i also did really well against sync today, we did a 3/5 MM, i won game one with a decent lead, got 2 stocked at castle siege because that stage is balls, and was one failed read away from winning on delphino and FD (both were soooo close). unfortunately the match at CS wasn't recorded but the MM against sync isn't gonna be up for a while. however the ones against P4 and Illmatic will be hopefully soon.

Starwave

Smash Cadet
IRC, InternetRelayChat. Its where a bunch of people chat and stuff. I guess i'll ask around.

Will do, I will try to get some vifs up although my brother really isn't interested in playing vbrawl. I'll see if I can get some wifi matches.

Edit: I live in Ottawa. (Ontario)

Tesh

Smash Hero
Who did you beat Maharba? I know it wasn't Illmatic.

I beat those other 2, and now that they have improved......

....we will never play again. :troll:

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Starwave!!! Where have you been bro? We could use you man. You and fUddO should hook up and learn from each other!

Also, make an account on this site-- http://allisbrawl.com/
And start playing ladder! It's real easy, look @ the rules, add your FC to your profile when you make an account and start playing! It's one way to improve if you don't have many people in your area--but it's more of a suplement and shouldn't be used in place of offline.

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
well guys, im done for. my car has been broken and now it has been towed. my sister's helicopter company is going down the drain, i can't deliver pizza's or get to chili's without the car which i was fixing tomorrow, and because of that i will not be able to pay our rent at the end of the month. im legitimately done for. it was fun guys. ggs and all that other ****. maharba the mother ****ing mystic is signing out for good. some1 else let houston know if you want. i got other peeps i gotta txt bye. assuming i even have the balls to carry through with this, i really hope i do.

bye guys, you're the best

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
omfg that ****ing sucks Mystic, I hope something pulls through man :'(

Top Bottom