• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Kowns Thread.

Coffee™

I need it....
err...you still havent proven that Texas is behind the metagame <_<. Im sorry but we are the SECOND best state.
Cali also tends to outplace TX lol. Tbh TX only has two to three players that go and do well OoS and Dojo is normally the only one that gets top 5.

kown

Smash Lord
getouttahere^

MK is at a SMALL disadvantage against diddy on SV...

DOES ANYONE HAVE REAL FRAME DATA FOR PIT? cuz ugh. we need to pay attention to that more.

dextasmurf

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO if Kown is Pit Mod I'll be infracted FOREVERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! Even when im 30 and dont have a smashboards account I'll still get emails about infraction Points! :(

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
I quit brawl...

Maining other stuff now. Cya everyone!

GROUP: Collaboration on a Competitive Guide to Pit

Guide Version 1.0.0 - Parts 0 and 1
Here I have completed a moveset analysis (with a lot of work) for Pit that is far more in-depth than many guides. What I have provided alone can be considered a guide in itself considering what many other guides consist of, but to me it is the first part of a comprehensive guide that was intended to consist of 5 parts:

Part 1: Comprehensive Moveset Analysis
Part 2: Basic Play
Part 3: Tactics
Part 4: Brawl and You
Part 5: FAQ
Part 6: Hayang's Notes

If anyone would like to pick up where I left off then feel free to do so. I believe I have provided the backbone to the effort. What a comprehensive guide requires is an explanation of basic play and the mental game, and other things.

I would have liked to complete the guide myself, and I admit I really want to, but I have things to do. If I find I have the time I may come back to it.

Bye! I'll try hard not to come back!

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We are losing so many Pits now, and that's discouraging me quite a bit. :(

Esca

Smash Champion
I actually still played 1/2 Pit at HOBO 17.

Pit just makes me sad. He's such a wholesome character. But he doesn't have anything good enough to combo.

Except for Glide toss>arrow>fsmash.

True on Diddy Kong.

Thank you. [:)

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We still have the F-throw to Stutterstep F-smash from 0-30%, and I don't see many Pits do that when the opportunity comes, except me and a few who I forgot. I mean come on, it works on MK too, we well as many other chars that Pit really can't CG.

Coffee™

I need it....
haha R@vyn is playing mk now
Realistically there is no point to playing him with MK around as everyones secondary and besides MK is hella fun!

I'll play him in some doubles and always vs Diddy and DK because they annoy me as MK and maaaaaaaaaybe Snake if I don't feel like approaching but aside from that I just kinda got tired of not placing where I know I can because of Pit's limitations as a character.

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Realistically there is no point to playing him with MK around as everyones secondary and besides MK is hella fun!

I'll play him in some doubles and always vs Diddy and DK because they annoy me as MK and maaaaaaaaaybe Snake if I don't feel like approaching but aside from that I just kinda got tired of not placing where I know I can because of Pit's limitations as a character.
xD I feel the pain, not placing because someone wants to use a mid tier gets old after a while. Plus the Al smash scene is leaning towards mk because of not placing out of state. :/ So eventually I might just pick up some top tier or mk.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
my gawd.. the pit boards are dead..

Anyway, hey all ;D
I just recently started maining pit. i likerz him alot, even if he's low-middle tier.
(we just need to step it up a bit, like Japan.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKFzxGTlA3I
total beast.

Well, I'd like to get to know any pit mains.. if you're out there o_o...
edit:oh, u add the title Social Thread in there >_> i rly had trouble looking for it..

xbóóm

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
im basicly done with competitive brawl melee falcon samus or mewtwo is so much more fun than any other character in brawl

although i also really like wolf for brawl and again im going to be taking a break from brawl

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, 321, I'll be Admiral Pit (Don't let the Bowser part fool u, even though I do second Bowser), and simple thing u need to know is my short-tempered nature, but very much a pretty unique Pit. That's all for now I suppose.

321BOOM

Smash Journeyman
ohhaii :D

i'll take your word for it, although i havnt seen any of your vids..
but don't take it wrong, I try to watch more Japanese than American, ever since i've noticed the pits in Japan focus more on his actual metagame and not the flashy arrowloops/wingdashes/mirrorsheild kills.

I myself am still trying to get a hang of pit's campy style,
I used to main kirby before..its just not the same play style haha.

Coffee™

I need it....
I try to watch more Japanese than American, ever since i've noticed the pits in Japan focus more on his actual metagame and not the flashy arrowloops/wingdashes/mirrorsheild kills.
I like you already :) You live in FL?

Coffee™

I need it....
haha thanks!
I like your pit btw, gotta give you credit for reppin' the angel.
Thanks

and yupp, im in Kissimmee.
Maybe I'll get to see you at a tourney one day :D
Possibly but I don't know if I'll be out that side much anymore. 3 Hrs drive is a lot :ohwell:

On another note if I played Pit at a tourney today, not much in actual brackets but in a few MMs and Friendlies and I'm going to upload some more vids today in case anyones interested. My account is http://www.youtube.com/user/maniaclyrasist and lol at some random posting a profile comment on my account saying "I know this is Sagemoon" :laugh:

Oh and happy bday adm

Top Bottom