• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal Trophy

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace

Look how awesome they made her in the trophy, they even gave her the better looking Assault look over Command... Adventures would have been a bit too much for Nintendo in this type of game it's not Dead or Alive. She would have been an awesome character.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
her model looks alright, and she is interesting (kinda) but i wouldn't really care for her as playable, if i had to choose over her or wolf, i would go with wolf

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
her model looks alright, and she is interesting (kinda) but i wouldn't really care for her as playable, if i had to choose over her or wolf, i would go with wolf
I'd rather have Krystal in than Wolf, but I do like Wolf being playable. I would kick out Falco in a heartbeat for Krystal, she's the better blue anthro.

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
The hate for krystal as a character is all related to the fact that furries seem to like her. Not that she has an obvious move set from star fox adventures and would make an interesting light character with range. I imagined her a bit like marth without tippers and projectiles. Oh well

Krystal caused the downfall of the Star Fox series. She's a sh*t character and Wolf represents Star Fox history much better than that blue piece of crap.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Krystal caused the downfall of the Star Fox series. She's a sh*t character and Wolf represents Star Fox history much better than that blue piece of crap.
Actually, Krystal has been the only saving grace of the more recent Star Fox games. The real downfall has been not keeping the characters in the cockpits and repeatedly handing off the franchise to third party developers. Seriously, if Nintendo would stop treating it like a second rate franchise...

hotgarbage

Smash Lord

She didn't cause the downfall of the series, that's just silly. Nintendo's crappy managing of said series did that. Her arrival did mark the beginning of the decrease in quality of the series though.

And whyyyy did Krystal get the awesome Assault model while Fox and Wolf got the awful command models !?????

...I guess they didn't want Krystal looking like THIS:

*shivers*

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
She didn't cause the downfall of the series, that's just silly. Nintendo's crappy managing of said series did that. Her arrival did mark the beginning of the decrease in quality of the series though.

And whyyyy did Krystal get the awesome Assault model while Fox and Wolf got the awful command models !?????

...I guess they didn't want Krystal looking like this:

*shivers*
Simple, because she wasn't playable.

Prince Karo

Smash Apprentice

*shivers*
uggg, I can't stand that model... she looks like a freakin' CAT.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Krystal was supposed to be a cat in the original Dinosaur Planet game. I don't really get why people think she looks like Fox; Wolf looks more like Fox than she does.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Because of the fact that she looks almost nothing like a cat... >_>
I mean the original, original Dino Planet game, before it was StarFox-ed, where the character whom Krystal is based off of was originally a cat thing.

The Command Krystal looks more like the cat creature that I saw in a screenshot of the game once.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
You can say the "model looks so good, he/she/it should be a playable character" argument for almost any trophy.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
You can say the "model looks so good, he/she/it should be a playable character" argument for almost any trophy.
No one's saying that here, I don't think. I think we've all moved on and we're appreciating that she got a nice looking trophy, at least.

Say, how do you get this trophy anyway?

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
does anyone know what the trophy description is? I'd like to know just for the thought.

I remember Pit's trophy in melee. Yeah i know it would hardly give info like the Pit trophy nor could I care less about a fourth installation of smash but it would be something nice for the thought.

Kittah4

Smash Ace
Her non-inclusion really does baffle me, given the enthusiasm for her even on the Japanese poll. There's really no arguement against her except for the incredibly shallow anti-furry arguements which can easily be lobbed against Fox or Wolf.

We lost out on a part/magic character with a staff; it would have been a unique weapon in Smash. I'm not displeased with how Wolf came out, but Falco? Bleh. He needed to go for Krystal. Then there would be three entirely unique (well, except for Wolf's altered specials) and different playing star fox characters.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
does anyone know what the trophy description is? I'd like to know just for the thought.

I remember Pit's trophy in melee. Yeah i know it would hardly give info like the Pit trophy nor could I care less about a fourth installation of smash but it would be something nice for the thought.
If you ask me, the most likely character to have a cryptic message is Takamaru simply because, in my eyes at least, he'll be the new retro addition in the next game.

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
ITT: New***s. Grow up you douches!

Despite her having a massive wave of popularity in the more than creepy world of furries, I actually like her.
And no, it wasn't her that ruined Starfox. If anyone's to blame it's Miyamoto for asking Rareware to turn it into a SF title.

That point, and the fact that Nintendo don't care as much about SF as their beloved Mario and Zelda.

She would have been such a great, and unique character with abilities that Fox acquired in Adventures.
Always next time I guess, but as much as I think she's awesome, Wolf deserved it a lot more.
Falco should have been axed in my opinion.

Sideem Slingh

Smash Journeyman
Here's the english version that I could find:

---[194]---------------------------
A member of the Star Fox team
welcomed in Star Fox Adventures
after the team met her on planet
Sauria when responding to a
distress signal. Krystal is capable
of telepathy and is a valuable
member in combat. After becoming
romantically involved with Fox,
their relationship gets very rocky
in Star Fox Command.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
No one's saying that here, I don't think. I think we've all moved on and we're appreciating that she got a nice looking trophy, at least.

Say, how do you get this trophy anyway?
Yu get her through the coin launcher.

Off topic, but the Sylux trophy is DA ****! He should have been playable! ;)

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
I would go with both. 4 Star Fox reps sounds fair to me, and not because I'm a Star Fox fan.

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681

*shivers*
Uhm...Wolf is Assault.

Kirby M.D.

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHAHA! /troll

Seriously though, they gave the Krystal fans a bone with this one.

Machete

Smash Ace
What's the point of this thread?

Almost every wanted character has a cool trophy. So what?

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
Actually, Krystal has been the only saving grace of the more recent Star Fox games. The real downfall has been not keeping the characters in the cockpits and repeatedly handing off the franchise to third party developers. Seriously, if Nintendo would stop treating it like a second rate franchise...
you give no reason behind why you say that she's the 'saving grace' of the series. i completely disagree. she is not the saving grace whatsoever. she may be pretty popular among SOME people, but a lot of those people also give her to much credit.

i'm not a fan of krystal, but i don't mind her being around, she fills her role in the series as the female character. but i don't like it when people act like she's the most important part of the series. she's not.

Top Bottom