• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal Trophy

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
you give no reason behind why you say that she's the 'saving grace' of the series. i completely disagree. she is not the saving grace whatsoever. she may be pretty popular among SOME people, but a lot of those people also give her to much credit.

i'm not a fan of krystal, but i don't mind her being around, she fills her role in the series as the female character. but i don't like it when people act like she's the most important part of the series. she's not.
Did I say she was the most important character in the series? No I didn't and clearly you don't understand what "saving grace" means. In my opinion, she's the only good thing that came out Star Fox Adventures and helped Star Fox Assault and Command from being utter crap because her addition to the cast opened up a ton of story possibilities. Really, I can't even begin to list all the things they've screwed up on in the past three games...

Really, the thing that I like about Krystal is she's basically the first unique and important reoccuring Nintendo female for more then a good decade. Characters like Mona and Dixie barely have any personality and everyone else like Captain Syrup lived very short lives. The fact that she's actually involved in the plot of the games instead of just being there for the sake of affirmative action *points a giant foam finger at Daisy* is why I think she definately deserved more then a cameo in Brawl.

Isaac Brawler

Smash Apprentice
In my opinion, she's the only good thing that came out Star Fox Adventures and helped Star Fox Assault and Command from being utter crap because her addition to the cast opened up a ton of story possibilities. Really, I can't even begin to list all the things they've screwed up on in the past three games...

Really, the thing that I like about Krystal is she's basically the first unique and important reoccuring Nintendo female for more then a good decade. Characters like Mona and Dixie barely have any personality and everyone else like Captain Syrup lived very short lives. The fact that she's actually involved in the plot of the games instead of just being there for the sake of affirmative action *points a giant foam finger at Daisy* is why I think she definately deserved more then a cameo in Brawl.
He says everything.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
Did I say she was the most important character in the series? No I didn't and clearly you don't understand what "saving grace" means. In my opinion, she's the only good thing that came out Star Fox Adventures and helped Star Fox Assault and Command from being utter crap because her addition to the cast opened up a ton of story possibilities. Really, I can't even begin to list all the things they've screwed up on in the past three games...

apparantly i DO know what saving grace means, because you just said exactly what i was getting at in the first place. in your opinion, you say she the only good that came out of star fox adventures and that she's what helped star fox assault and command? star fox adventures was a good game in itself, not just because krystal was an important plot point in it. and in assault, she didn't have any more important a role than falco. she's a supporting team member. and same with command. while she does have different plotlines from the multiple story path- switching to starwolf, becoming kursed, etc., so do most characters. falco has the path where he makes his own team with kat and the other guy, there's one where starwolf become the saviors of the game, and there's even one that focuses on slippy's life. krystal isn't anymore important than any of these characters.

all i was getting at was that i disagreed with your opinion on krystal's importance in my post, then you get on my case about it. i said that i don't have a problem with krystal anyway, i just don't think she's any more significant that the rest of the cast. starfox is a series with A LOT of characters after all.

Kenryoku_Maxis

Smash Rookie
She didn't cause the downfall of the series, that's just silly. Nintendo's crappy managing of said series did that. Her arrival did mark the beginning of the decrease in quality of the series though.
Actually, Nintendo managed the series fine. They actually did better with the series than they have others. Even giving the series more games than others. The problem is, they didn't pay attention to the finer detail of good gameplay they always nail into the ground until we don't pay attention to it and the game is delayed a year after the initial release date.

The Star Fox games were all hired out from Star Fox Adventures of (aside from Assault) and all featured annoying changes from the original mold. This would be fine if they were revolutionary changes say, a Mario 64 or a Ocarina of Time or even a Donkey Kong Country. But with a series like Star Fox, you pretty much make a Rail Shooter or...yeah, you just vary the same concept. Running around on a Dino Planet playing Zelda with Fox McCloud and absolutely no Arwing levels? Okay... Jumping out of the ship and running around shooting stuff on the ground? You could have looked at Rogue Squaderon III: Rebel Strike to see how that went. Those horrible cutscenes and trying to go backwards on 3D technology for the DS. Yeah, that's great for New Super Mario Bros but for a game like Star Fox that pioneered Super FX graphix back on the SNES...people are gonna notice the downgrade...

The Star Fox series hasn't been killed by the 'furries'. From day 1, the entire series has been ABOUT anthro characters. The games name is Star FOX for crying out loud. So when people cry bloody murder about Krystal killing Star Fox, you just have to laugh at them. Nor has Star Fox gone downhill because of Nintendo itself, who even made some pretty good decisions and gave the series to a couple okay studios. Its just gone downhill because Nintendo didn't focus as much on the gameplay quality as some of its other titles.

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
That is a nice trophy.

I can see why people want her as a character (besides aesthetics >_>) but I haven't touched any of the modern SF games, so. (Actually, I haven't played the originals on SNES/N64 either, but I'm planning on it soon.)

SiegKnight

Smash Journeyman
don't like furries, but they're not particularly awful people. I find it funny theres someone with a charizard avatar with fox and rukario in their sig here though.

starfox adventures was pretty cool. not played assault though.

man, still complaints about the roster.

E-Jolteon

Smash Ace
Wow, it looks like they used exactly the same model from assault, if I'm not mistaken.

She does look pretty in assault-style though.

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
don't like furries, but they're not particularly awful people. I find it funny theres someone with a charizard avatar with fox and rukario in their sig here though.

starfox adventures was pretty cool. not played assault though.

man, still complaints about the roster.

well i'm obsessed with reptiles, hence the charizard av, but the main reptiles characters i wanted didn't get in the game (ridley, king k. rool) so i've gotta settle for the mammals(wolf, lucario)

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
Krystal should have been in brawl, she was and still is the only viable new female addition.

I like Wolf, he's an "anti-fox" villian with a really snazzy design

Falco is a waste of a slot. He adds nothing to brawl that it didn't already have, please someone tell me what he adds because I can't see it.

A Fox - Wolf - Krystal trio would have been so much better, I was truly shocked that she wasn't in.

Kenryoku_Maxis

Smash Rookie
Krystal should have been in brawl, she was and still is the only viable new female addition.

I like Wolf, he's an "anti-fox" villian with a really snazzy design

Falco is a waste of a slot. He adds nothing to brawl that it didn't already have, please someone tell me what he adds because I can't see it.

A Fox - Wolf - Krystal trio would have been so much better, I was truly shocked that she wasn't in.
Falco was Sakurai appeasing all the fans of the Melee game. Since he was one of the most played characters in Melee along with his near clone Fox. And then Sakurai had all of the original cast of the N64 game return, with two arguably popular characters in Jigglypuff and Ness.

Either way you look at it, either that Sakurai and co were putting Falco in to try to get as many returning characters from Melee back in or because he was one of the most used by people during the Melee run, he gained his spot on the ticket.

It doesn't excuse the fact that he's still seemingly a total clone of Fox and Wolf is more of a counterbalance of Fox. Whereas Krystal, even just by the fact of being a lighter character or some kind of Peach type counterpart to Fox, would have undoubtedly been anything but a clone of Fox. Krystal should have taken Falcos spot if all they were going to do was make Falco a clone yet again.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I´m still hoping for downloadable content. plz Nintendo!!!
Im not quite sure if they will have it with brawl (i really hope they do) but they are suposed to get it with GHIII in late 2008 or early 2009.... So theres a little hope =/

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

You've hit it right on the head. If it wasn't for Krystal, I don't think we would've gotten much out of Fox's character or anyone else's.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Krystal caused the downfall of the Star Fox series. She's a sh*t character and Wolf represents Star Fox history much better than that blue piece of crap.
Never played Starfox, don't really care for any of the characters. Representation-wise, Krystal had no business being in Brawl, but did anyone really want a second Fox clone over her? Come on, people, we don't have any staff users like Krystal or BJ (lol), yet somehow there are SIX swordsmen, two of which should have just been alternate costumes or not in at all? This roster sucks because it could have been way more diverse than Landmasters and clones of clones and freakin' blue-haired swordsmen, and you Starfox fans are partly responsible for having shiitty taste (to be fair, the FE fans and Mother fans also deserve some blame).

So, yes, give me Krystal if it means I won't be bored to death after only two months of playing this game.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Never played Starfox, don't really care for any of the characters. Representation-wise, Krystal had no business being in Brawl, but did anyone really want a second Fox clone over her? Come on, people, we don't have any staff users like Krystal or BJ (lol), yet somehow there are SIX swordsmen, two of which should have just been alternate costumes or not in at all? This roster sucks because it could have been way more diverse than Landmasters and clones of clones and freakin' blue-haired swordsmen, and you Starfox fans are partly responsible for having shiitty taste (to be fair, the FE fans and Mother fans also deserve some blame).

So, yes, give me Krystal if it means I won't be bored to death after only two months of playing this game.
How do the MOTHER fans deserve blame? Most wanted Claus who would've been an original fighter. Besides, we got it worse than the Starfox fans.

By the way, what two swordsmen as alts. are you talking about? I know one is Toon Link, I don't know the other unless you mean Marth, but he and Ike don't fight like each other.

Machete

Smash Ace
a second Fox clone .
It's extremely annoying that "ZOMG there are two Fox clones!"

Wolf is NOT a clone, and Falco is a luigifield clone.

And yes, both Falco and Wolf is far more awesome than Krysal. If you think Krystal deserved to be in more than Falco or Wolf, you're not a StarFox fan.

Shuma

Smash Hero
How people can say Kristal deserved a spot over Wolf and Falco is completly ignorant, first Wolf is more important to the whole franchise than Krystal. He is more awesome, and more popular and has been in the game since day 1.

Falco. Is falco. 'nuff said.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I want to see that too.
well I found a link at least but unfortunately no pics v_v

http://www.feplanet.net/trophies.html

How people can say Kristal deserved a spot over Wolf and Falco is completly ignorant, first Wolf is more important to the whole franchise than Krystal. He is more awesome, and more popular and has been in the game since day 1.

Falco. Is falco. 'nuff said.

and much like anything else that's just your opinion. could mention that Krystal had a very important role in star fox adventures (as well as a role as love interest in the future games which would be big part in command) and that Wolf has always stuck to the simple anti-hero role and never has had a story besides the non original vandetta against the protagonist role for no real reason, but in the end it doesn't matter because Sakurai chose Wolf over Krystal. I don't see why people are still arguing when the decision has been made.

Both characters have been the same amount of games and each hold a role and heart with the nintendo community so really who's more important dwindles down to the opinions of the gamers.

But for all those who believe Krystal is the cause of Sarfox's downfall I say that is rubbish. It simply was the differences of the companies experiences that made these games. Not that I am talking to you Shuma ;)

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
How do the MOTHER fans deserve blame? Most wanted Claus who would've been an original fighter. Besides, we got it worse than the Starfox fans.

By the way, what two swordsmen as alts. are you talking about? I know one is Toon Link, I don't know the other unless you mean Marth, but he and Ike don't fight like each other.
They look too **** alike, and apparently Sakurai thinks so as well if he made him just another clone (actually, Ness is the clone; the sad irony). And admit it, Claus would have been a clone as well, given what we've seen. Plus that series is nowhere near as contributive to Nintendo as the other series. Even Fire Emblem has more games, and Starfox has more popularity.
I mean Marth should have never been in the game after Ike was revealed. There are a myriad of more original characters to select from FE than another blue-haired, sword-wielding pansy. FE fans got hoisted by their own petard and I completely support it. I'm glad Toon Link is the cloniest clone of them all as well, so maybe put-out Zelda fans will also try to be a little more original in their SSB4 hopeful selections.
PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID!!!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
They look too **** alike, and apparently Sakurai thinks so as well if he made him just another clone (actually, Ness is the clone; the sad irony). And admit it, Claus would have been a clone as well, given what we've seen. Plus that series is nowhere near as contributive to Nintendo as the other series. Even Fire Emblem has more games, and Starfox has more popularity.
I mean Marth should have never been in the game after Ike was revealed. There are a myriad of more original characters to select from FE than another blue-haired, sword-wielding pansy. FE fans got hoisted by their own petard and I completely support it. I'm glad Toon Link is the cloniest clone of them all as well, so maybe put-out Zelda fans will also try to be a little more original in their SSB4 hopeful selections.
PEOPLE ARE SO STUPID!!!
Apparantly, you know nothing about MOTHER 3. The Claus people wanted was the badass Masked Boy/Man Claus who would've been nothing like Lucas. Claus and Lucas look alike and it ends there. The MOTHER series may not be as contributive, but each one is treasured by its fans. Besides, the main reason why they don't do many of them is mostly because Shigesato Itoi owns the copyright.

Personally, I think Marth should've because of his popularity and that he's the original Fire Lord.

As for Zelda fans, a number of them wanted Midna and/or Toon Link as an original fighter.

Machete

Smash Ace
I mean Marth should have never been in the game after Ike was revealed. There are a myriad of more original characters to select from FE than another blue-haired, sword-wielding pansy. FE fans got hoisted by their own petard and I completely support it.
What? The most popular and recurring FE lord (who's also an original and popular Melee character) doesn't deserve to be in Brawl?

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
It's extremely annoying that "ZOMG there are two Fox clones!"

Wolf is NOT a clone, and Falco is a luigifield clone.

And yes, both Falco and Wolf is far more awesome than Krysal. If you think Krystal deserved to be in more than Falco or Wolf, you're not a StarFox fan.
Wolf, Falco, and Fox all share the same special moves and final smashes. Ask any smasher with a brain and they will agree that that screams "clone."

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
What? The most popular and recurring FE lord (who's also an original and popular Melee character) doesn't deserve to be in Brawl?
Actually, it would have been better if Ike weren't in Brawl. The point I'm making is that having both in Brawl makes for very monotonous FE representation.

Machete

Smash Ace
Wolf, Falco, and Fox all share the same special moves and final smashes. Ask any smasher with a brain and they will agree that that screams "clone."
Mario and Luigi are not clones. Fox and Falco are as similar as them. And Wolf is far different.

"Clones" are Mario-Dr. Mario, Pichu-Pikachu, Roy-Marth, Ganondorf-Captain Falcon and Link-Young Link.

Use your amazing brain, please. Yoshi and Bowser, as well as Luigi and Pikachu, share a similar move. They're clones too, right?

TheBigBadCow

Smash Cadet
I don't understand all this "Wolf is more important so he should be in brawl" reasoning... I mean, yes that makes sense from a fan-service perspective, but from an actual game design choice, Krystal is a blatantly better character. Not only does she have a unique weapon, but all of her specials and most of her A attacks could have been taken directly from Adventures (a crappy game but I played it anyways).

Look, basically:

She fights with a staff
She uses magic attacks
Her FS could have been a huge dinosaur or something. Who doesn't like huge dinosaurs?

I'd take a unique character over a popular character with an unoriginal moveset any day.

Top Bottom