• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Krystal Trophy

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
I just read through this whole topic, and I just want to get my opinion out quick as to let this thread die out like the malevolent virus it has become.

I was rooting for Krystal since the very beginning. This isn't because I think she "means more to the Starfox storyline as of late" or "because she's the hotzorsz", but because of the moveset and overall originality she could've brought. Her character in Adventures was one that could easily transfer to Brawl, despite her short screen time and overall playability in the game. The staff combos, the boost initiated with the staff from certain spots, and all the magic attacks would've made for easy moves(A attacks, UpB, and B attacks respectively), not to mention the fact that Krystal's telepathic abilities could have been integrated somehow. Because of this, I somewhat wish that Falco had been given the boot as to give way for her. That's not to say that I don't think Falco deserves to be in the game, just saying that Krystal could've added some more originality.

But after seeing some posts from the members in this thread, I have to somewhat wonder if this was even a possibility; had Krystal made it in, would she have been a full-fledged original character, or a semi-clone(whatsayou) such as Wolf. That very possibility itself somewhat eases the fact that it was Wolf who was chosen instead of Krystal, as in the end it wouldn't have really mattered.

One could also argue however that Krystal could've been a character too hard to program into the game on such a short(or not) development time. Unlike Wolf, Krystal(with staff) would probably had to be built from scratch, where' is Wolf would not take so long.

I'm not too sure if this post makes too much sense. it's late and I'm very tired. What I wanted to get across is whilst Krystal could have potentially made for a totally sweet character, it's impossible to know how she would've turned out. Wolf turned out to be a wicked character, much less of a clone then many thought(though he still does leave much to be desired). This I can live with. And everyone knows there will be another Smash Brothers, Krystal will make her playable appearance in the future. :)

Dogenzaka

Smash Ace
View Post
Wolf is a much better representation of Star Fox history than Krystal.
Who cares? That's what Fox McCloud is there for. To represent the entire series well.
You think Lucario well represents the whole Pokemon series? No. He's just a cool and good fighter.

levyjl1988

Smash Rookie
I dunno why people hated Adventures, Star Fox Assault was great, Command not so much...
I admit Star Fox 64 was truly the best game, and the inclusion of Krystal actually got me more into Star Fox as there was pretty much like no female cast. If you were referring to those from the SNES, those were annoying lil animals, really cause they remind me of the extras from Sonic. A small cast of crew to focus on is really important. So pretty much:
Fox, Falco, Krystal, ROB, Peppy, Slippy, G.Pepper, Wolf and his team, pigma, and Andross... that's it, if there were to be new villains like Aporids then let it be... But I really think adventures was awesome. The voice acting for krystal, not so much...

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Assault was ight. It could have been a lot better. Loved the music (Star Wolf!) and pretty good multiplayer, hated low amount of missions and voice acting.

I liked Adventures a lot, but probably because it was my first StarFox game after wanting to learn more about StarFox from Melee. Something about it really stuck out to me, either the music, the setting, or both, and the interactions between the characters. It left a good impression of the StarFox franchise on me.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
For me, playing Star Fox Assualt was like getting kicked in the nuts over and over again. Really, it's the only Nintendo game I've ever played that I've flat out hated. (Except F-Zero X which, oddly enough, I learned to love once it came out on the Virtual Consle.)

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
Krystal>Wolf
She's more original, that is the only reason. I would have preferred here being the third Fox clone, even though it might have been slightly awkward.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
Ridley for Brawl!

I figured if we're going to be playing this little game again, might as well get the other fan-favorite in on the action :D

And now I am done, as you were.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
For me, playing Star Fox Assualt was like getting kicked in the nuts over and over again. Really, it's the only Nintendo game I've ever played that I've flat out hated. (Except F-Zero X which, oddly enough, I learned to love once it came out on the Virtual Consle.)
Really, I seemed to like it, because it felt like 64, and you could get out of the cockpit, which I've wanted. My only problem is it could have been done a lot better, in quality of gameplay, quantity of rail shooting, and controls in first-person. The concept is my favorite of all the SF games, but the execution was a little sub par.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
*mourns for Krystal*

Wolf I can stand but Falco?! Pointless clone Falco?! "The only reason I'm in brawl is because i won loads of melee tournaments" Falco?! The "Now that I'm been luigified no-one even likes me anymore" Falco?!

Krystal would have diversified the roster, if not for a staff moveset then for another girl. The only thing Falco does is fill it with suck,can someone pleeease tell me what Falco adds?

*Not a furry*

vydran212

Smash Journeyman
One of the best games of all time - StarFox64, and Krystal wasn't in it. Enough to make me not go crazy over her like some of you are. :p
Quoted for truth, good sir.

I'll be honest, I'm a little bummed Krystal didn't make it, but I'll definitely live. And I wouldn't have her over anyone else--personally I wanted 4 Starfox representatives..

Sgt.Frog

Smash Apprentice
Really, really bummed she wasn't playable.

Falco has been in all the SF games but...if I knew he was going to be the same (pretty much) then I'd have had Krystal any day.
I don't mind Wolf as such, he's an interesting character, but having Fox, Krystal and Wolf would have rocked.

And maybe in the Subspace Emissary Fox could've pushed her away and she could have teamed up with the bad guys like she does in Command, but later join Fox again and fight evil....or something.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
*mourns for Krystal*

Wolf I can stand but Falco?! Pointless clone Falco?! "The only reason I'm in brawl is because i won loads of melee tournaments" Falco?! The "Now that I'm been luigified no-one even likes me anymore" Falco?!

Krystal would have diversified the roster, if not for a staff moveset then for another girl. The only thing Falco does is fill it with suck,can someone pleeease tell me what Falco adds?

*Not a furry*
He adds being more important to the series than your furry idol. No matter what you say, anybody who chooses Krystal for Brawl over Falco is a furry in some capacity. God, Katt was a friggin' better character than Krystal. "Fox dumped me, so I'm going to join his rival team to piss him off." What a *****.

Stuff like this is starting to convince me that had she been in, there would, in fact, have been a ******** child born somewhere in the world. But I'm starting to sound like a troll, so yeah.

I actually thought Adventures and Assault were fun, Assault was just poorly executed. I think if they take what they did in Assault and make it better, I could be satisfied with the next installment.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
He adds being more important to the series than your furry idol. No matter what you say, anybody who chooses Krystal for Brawl over Falco is a furry in some capacity. God, Katt was a friggin' better character than Krystal. "Fox dumped me, so I'm going to join his rival team to piss him off." What a *****.

Stuff like this is starting to convince me that had she been in, there would, in fact, have been a ******** child born somewhere in the world. But I'm starting to sound like a troll, so yeah.
Falco is no more important than Peppy and Slippy and certainly isn't more important than Krystal.

And to say that to like krystal means your some sort of furry means that to like fox and wolf means your some sort of furry too. Furry is a term that anti-krystal people throw around all the time but to say that I'm a furry for wanting a possible staff wielding female over a unimportant clone is laughable.

Katt?! Ha!

"I could kiss you for that"

Shes a better character? She had about ten lines and each of them were meant to portray her as some stereotypical airhead.

I see that you have a Falco signature, so your obviously biased. Krystal would have added more variation to brawls roster simply because of her gender. Falco adds nothing that it didn't have already. In fact now that he can't shine/use fox's moveset he'll essentially lose his popularity that he gained from melee.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Fine, so the furry thing was an exaggeration. But regardless, what did Krystal do that nobody else has done?

In Adventures, she got stuck in a rock, where she remained for the entirety of the game, totalling less lines than Katt in 64. I'll grant you that she's the only protagonist in the series to have consistently remained in one place doing nothing for a whole game.

And in Assault, she just flew around and got shot at, like almost everyone in Assault except for Panther and Leon. Except for the foot missions, in which she stands in one spot and shoots at random enemies. She doesn't even leave one little area. Slippy accomplished that as well.

In Command? Fine, she finally made herself useful by getting broken up with and kicked off the team for her own good, then joining up with Fox's rivals just to be annoying. Falco left on his own at the end and started his own new team that supposedly "rivaled even Star Fox". Therefore he wins that one.

In short, Krystal didn't do anything useful that no other character did better. And as for Falco having done nothing significant? Bull.

He was a member of Fox's original team from the Lylat War, and therefore partook in all the various events there. In Adventures, Falco is mostly absent, but makes up for it by arriving at the last minute and saving Fox from certain death, also aiding him in the final battle with Andross. In Assault, he rescued Fox once on Fichina, in addition to leading the aerial front in Fox's absence. And in Command, he leaves the team and goes on his own odyssey involving Katt and some other people, which culminates in him potentially forming his own unit altogether, as I've already mentioned.

Plus, it's always been implied that Fox trusted Falco to take over the team if something happened to him. So yeah, I'm biased as a Falco fan. Doesn't justify anyone saying he has no importance.

Mikau et al

Smash Journeyman
Fine, so the furry thing was an exaggeration. But regardless, what did Krystal do that nobody else has done?

In Adventures, she got stuck in a rock, where she remained for the entirety of the game, totalling less lines than Katt in 64. I'll grant you that she's the only protagonist in the series to have consistently remained in one place doing nothing for a whole game.

And in Assault, she just flew around and got shot at, like almost everyone in Assault except for Panther and Leon. Except for the foot missions, in which she stands in one spot and shoots at random enemies. She doesn't even leave one little area. Slippy accomplished that as well.

In Command? Fine, she finally made herself useful by getting broken up with and kicked off the team for her own good, then joining up with Fox's rivals just to be annoying. Falco left on his own at the end and started his own new team that supposedly "rivaled even Star Fox". Therefore he wins that one.

In short, Krystal didn't do anything useful that no other character did better. And as for Falco having done nothing significant? Bull.

He was a member of Fox's original team from the Lylat War, and therefore partook in all the various events there. In Adventures, Falco is mostly absent, but makes up for it by arriving at the last minute and saving Fox from certain death, also aiding him in the final battle with Andross. In Assault, he rescued Fox once on Fichina, in addition to leading the aerial front in Fox's absence. And in Command, he leaves the team and goes on his own odyssey involving Katt and some other people, which culminates in him potentially forming his own unit altogether, as I've already mentioned.

Plus, it's always been implied that Fox trusted Falco to take over the team if something happened to him. So yeah, I'm biased as a Falco fan. Doesn't justify anyone saying he has no importance.
I agree with you that Krystal really wasn't as important to the Starfox series as other characters, but she had a lot more going for her than Wolf: popularity, femininity, rapestaffiness. I originally didn't care either way, but frankly, after seeing the triple landmater disappointment (along with double Fox clones), I would have rather had Krystal in over Wolf--we don't have a single staff user to balance all the swordsmen (where's BJ, as well?).

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman

Okay, so in your opinion, a female character who gets captured, doesn't do more than average to aid the main hero, and the possibility of corruption makes Krystal not a viable character?

Fine then. Would you say that another character named ZELDA is not a viable character for Brawl? (And this is not an attack on Zelda, it's a similar situation case, is all.)

What would be wrong with having both Krystal and Fox? The thing is, just because you don't like Krystal as a character doesn't mean she shouldn't be viable. In every fighting game, there are characters that people cannot stand. You know what that is? Encouragement to kick their butt.

Why do people think characters aren't viable because of their opinions on them? If that was the case... only Mario, Link, and Fire Emblem characters would be allowed in this game.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Okay, so in your opinion, a female character who gets captured, doesn't do more than average to aid the main hero, and the possibility of corruption makes Krystal not a viable character?

Fine then. Would you say that another character named ZELDA is not a viable character for Brawl? (And this is not an attack on Zelda, it's a similar situation case, is all.)

What would be wrong with having both Krystal and Fox? The thing is, just because you don't like Krystal as a character doesn't mean she shouldn't be viable. In every fighting game, there are characters that people cannot stand. You know what that is? Encouragement to kick their butt.

Why do people think characters aren't viable because of their opinions on them? If that was the case... only Mario, Link, and Fire Emblem characters would be allowed in this game.
Zelda's classic though. Krystal's still just from this decade, and from a franchise not as popular as the Legend of Zelda.

Also, people think other characters are viable because of their opinions, so...ya know what I mean?

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i am personally glad wolf made it over her, i actually want to see peppy make it in before krystal, he played a bigger role and has been around longer then her....

Magmar's Wrath

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's classic though. Krystal's still just from this decade, and from a franchise not as popular as the Legend of Zelda.

Also, people think other characters are viable because of their opinions, so...ya know what I mean?
Ya, I know what you mean. :)

Zelda is classic, yes. My point just was, Zelda has done less video game stuff than Krystal has, she's never even been playable outside Smash Brothers. I just don't like how people insinuate Krystal is useless. *sighs*

And even she didn't make it in Brawl, we are allowed to continue talking about her. Heck, if you believe in downloadable content like I do, she still has a chance. Trophies and stickers don't ix-nay her chance.

parkervn

Smash Rookie
But if there was Krystal, there could be some interesting sexual tension between her and Fox and Falco! *drama*

raptorbaby10

Smash Journeyman
Woah, to some people replying: don't get it twisted.

Some people were vying for Krystal because she had the potential to have one of, if not the most original badassery movesets in the game. That is the reason why one should've been hoping for her.

If you wanted Krystal in because she currently means more to the plot, or because of some other stupid reason, you're thinking with the wrong mindset.
If you're glad Krystal didn't get in because she's an "unimportant character" or because she's a furry, you're also thinking with the wrong mindset.

I'm stating this because as all I'm reading(mostly) is Krystal's importance to the Starfox series. WTF? Smash Bros is a fighting game. It's not so much about who's in the game, but how they play.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh, Sakurai did an interview like, last week and said it wouldn't happen. I'm sure the topics are still around somewhere. Oh well :ohwell:.
Yeah, about that, I'm still skeptical about it since Sakurai questioned the possibility of it happening since the Wii does not have a hard drive. However, this was contradicted two days later and there is no way Sakurai couldn't have not known about something like that.

firedragon_jing

Smash Ace
Yeah, about that, I'm still skeptical about it since Sakurai questioned the possibility of it happening since the Wii does not have a hard drive. However, this was contradicted two days later and there is no way Sakurai couldn't have not known about something like that.
That's what I've been saying, but I get flamed everytime I say so.

antimatter

Smash Lord
exactly, there's no way that they can screw up the roster, if there is a next one.
quoted for incorrect thought pattern

they screwed up melee's roster. they screwed up brawl's. what's to stop them from screwing up the next one's? five bucks says guys like gooey and rick will make it in.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
quoted for incorrect thought pattern

they screwed up melee's roster. they screwed up brawl's. what's to stop them from screwing up the next one's? five bucks says guys like gooey and rick will make it in.
They didn't really screw up either of those rosters. Rather there were a few popular characters who should have made it but Didn't. And some random characters who made it who weren't really wanted. But overall both Melee and Brawl have great rosters.

If there is a smash 4 then Ridley and Krystal will most likely get in. The most wanted characters in Melee who didn't make it were many of the first included into brawl. Pit, Meta Knight, Diddy Kong, heck even Wolf. And I think that's part of why Wolf got in over Krystal. Krystal had more popularity prior to Brawl's release but Wolf was wanted in Melee. So rather than making wolf wait again he made Krystal wait.

Top Bottom