• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KS-IA-MO Circuit - Season 2!

Dnyce

Smash Master
Due to recent circumstances, I will most likely be unable to run the circuit over summer. If there's a situation where I am unable to attend a circuit event, Averil will take over. All in all, this only applies to the TO's - make sure he gets the circuit cut.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Due to recent circumstances, I will most likely be unable to run the circuit over summer. If there's a situation where I am unable to attend a circuit event, Averil will take over. All in all, this only applies to the TO's - make sure he gets the circuit cut.
Alright, gotcha. Beta's venue will be confirmed pretty soon, as well as info. I'm adding the circuit stuff to the OP of Beta because it originally was a standalone tournament lol.

Radium88

Smash Lord
You should probably update the OP to say that the 2 Mr. Doom Bi-weeklies are the first 2 events and a link would be nice.

Edit: Lolol Fino such a good troll......saw the posts after that one I read.

Trent

Smash Champion
What do you guys think about making the Nebraska Circuit event this. Already planning on having a brawl tournament and it's at the QWEST Center. June 10th-12th so yeah.

http://www.contagionoutbreak.com/
I disagree with this tournament extremely hard core unless I have proof they will NOT be taking any of the pot money. Last time they ran a Brawl tournament, it was a $10 entry, 20+ people entered. 1st place got $50, 2nd-5th place got random useless crap that wasn't money.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
This is why I'm asking right now to get this type of information.

They are doing a tournament anyway regardless but it'd be an easy fix, but the money issue for OOS is important, I'm calling Bobby right now. and I'll update.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Bobby hasn't gotten back to me after I told him how things actually work...guess i'll have to actually make effort to find a place then *goes*

Dnyce

Smash Master
I am considering adding mid-tier DDR challenge to the circuit, $5 entry. TL and lower, DDR pad controllers only, coaching rule will be enforced.

Thoughts?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Have we confirmed the DDR pads work for Brawl?

We could have
Dance
Crew Battles. It would be awesome :D :D :D

DeLux

Double Rule should allow for someone to enter alone if they can use a DDR pad as teammate two.

DeLux

You should add BTEH 2 to the Circuit List

As well as get nailed down with NE which will be their event.

And hammer out the details with MO's event.

Is Wichita going to do an Event?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Um... About that, I need to come up with cash to run the event. If we end up doing one, it'll be in El Dorado where the championships were held during the last circuit.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I'll start talking with Trent about our circuit event, it'll probably be in Omaha unless we can find a cheaper venue there. The difference between omaha and lincoln is 45 minutes, which can make a 3 hour drive from kansas 4 hours (if in Omaha) and a 2 hour drive a 3 hour drive from Iowa (if in Lincoln). I'm not sure what would be closer for Missouri/others.

Also, I have 5 points, I got 13th at E52 and 17th at BSB.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
You should add BTEH 2 to the Circuit List

As well as get nailed down with NE which will be their event.

And hammer out the details with MO's event.

Is Wichita going to do an Event?
All of this still.

I'll start talking with Trent about our circuit event, it'll probably be in Omaha unless we can find a cheaper venue there. The difference between omaha and lincoln is 45 minutes, which can make a 3 hour drive from kansas 4 hours (if in Omaha) and a 2 hour drive a 3 hour drive from Iowa (if in Lincoln). I'm not sure what would be closer for Missouri/others.

Also, I have 5 points, I got 13th at E52 and 17th at BSB.
Trent quit, I think it would be wise to wait until after the UNO tournament for me to decide if we should even attempt one, but tbh, I think we could have about as many as the last BTEH for brawl assuming people travel, we'd have about as many randoms or retired players or melee people who would enter because I asked them if they would and they would (especially if some of you brawlers enter melee
(legan and joker and clel)
. Waiting for Thugz to be home from school to do it would probably help, especially since I bet that would get some of MI to travel with him.

Also I still had 5 points, though now it's like 13.

DeLux

BTEH2 didn't end up counting for circuit points :(

DeLux

Mekos, I'll hold a biweekly in Lawrence just for you

It won't be a circuit event, but it'll be fun :) :) :)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Mekos, I'll try and go down to KS, you talk a big game about Wolf vs Lucas so I gotta test it out.

Lux, as a circuit enthusiast and probably TO, what is the status of the circuit currently, other than "not happening". MK got banned, is anyone even playing and is M2K going to get screwed out of money again, lol.

DeLux

That's up to Fino tbh

I know we're waiting on MO and NE to get a tournament designated as their circuit event. Honestly if it were up to me, I'd like two from each state involved.

But Wichita sort of died off, so KC might host two.

So that would leave Iowa (Yink's BSG? Something Brandon is getting going with our revival of MWW intiaitive?) and NE and MO with two

DeLux

I definitely wouldn't be able to put one together until February :\

Sorry

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I'm hosting one more tournament in the Summer (Brainshock Omega). I would've hosted again for the circuit if I had more time, so sorry about that. :(

Radium88

Smash Lord
To be honest, I don't know if I'll be hosting anymore tournaments. I thought I would have the drive for it but I don't.

Top Bottom