• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KS136's toonlink

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Don't listen to him. Be as harsh as possible. he needs to know what to do and what not to do.

Personally i think i have a better toon link but thats just me

Ebonyks

Smash Apprentice
I'm not a TL main, so take this all with a grain of salt.

The biggest flaw i noticed was not taking advantage of TL's b-air. The move combos wonderfully, and using it properly would greatly improve your game. Also, learning how to space more effectively, with using z-airs would be effective... Falco is a tough matchup for TL, but he was in control for most of the match. You rarely baited attacks, or used retreating aerials to punish moves by falco. You need to learn your enemy's approaches and capitalize on their flaws. You also never use bombs as setups, use things like short hop - bomb - quickdraw more often.

BTW, a comment to chaos marth, you really could benefit from improving your spacing. Your falco is decent though. Just learn how to use his aerials more effectively, all of them except for the f-air are useful.

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
Bronx NY, Pasadena California &quot;Tag name: KS13
I'm not a TL main, so take this all with a grain of salt.

The biggest flaw i noticed was not taking advantage of TL's b-air. The move combos wonderfully, and using it properly would greatly improve your game. Also, learning how to space more effectively, with using z-airs would be effective... Falco is a tough matchup for TL, but he was in control for most of the match. You rarely baited attacks, or used retreating aerials to punish moves by falco. You need to learn your enemy's approaches and capitalize on their flaws.
Thanks, I knew the Z-air is what I lack as well. I'll get on it right away

iRjOn

Smash Lord
Against Falco
Which was a great Falco btw
Keep on the move mid range attacking by bombing and moving in close range.
Stay in Falco's face.
Try to have a bomb at hand when they start chain grabbing
That frist CG was nasty that PWG
was amazing any way.
Zair is a beautiful technique
Look at the stickies and stuff learn more
Read my guide How to fit Toon Links Tunic.
Its not done just yet though
:D

A decent Toon Link.
But you have a long way to go.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Against Falco
Stay in Falco's face.
was amazing any way.

A decent Toon Link.
Thanks for the comment about my falco

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
Against Falco
Stay in Falco's face.
was amazing any way.

A decent Toon Link.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I'm training as hard as I can to learn from my mistakes.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
Be careful when falco is on the ledge he will almost always come back on to the stage with his sideB. Always anticipate a sideB recovery. I think it has high priority but im not too sure. I usually back up a bit and smash him at the end. Be careful high up in the air when pulling bombs because sometimes falcos will try to get you. When using projectiles watch out for the reflector. Careful with the CGs . Seems like you need more experience playing falco but overall pretty good.

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
Be careful when falco is on the ledge he will almost always come back on to the stage with his sideB. Always anticipate a sideB recovery. I think it has high priority but im not too sure. I usually back up a bit and smash him at the end. Be careful high up in the air when pulling bombs because sometimes falcos will try to get you. When using projectiles watch out for the reflector. Careful with the CGs . Seems like you need more experience playing falco but overall pretty good.
When it comes to me going against a Falco, I get mindgamed a lot, though I see it coming, I don't react quick enough.
I know all of Falco's moves but that chaingrabbing is annoying.

Alzi

Smash Master
At 1:47 you should of spiked that falco good. Also at some point during that falco match you footstooled the falco you should of followed up with a Dair.

At 2:04 when you grabbed the bomb out then air dodged you should of Zaired him then followed it up with the bomb.

2:09 you threw the boomerang then threw it again lol. I would of jumped ran to the other side and done a reverse arrow or somthing since fighting near the edge is risky with toon link.

Needs more Zair and come basic combo's like up tilt > up tilt > bair > bair. Try learning to do reverse arrow that will help you alot against you're opponent trying to approach you. You can do basic stuff like run jump pull out a bomb then shoot an arrow in the other direction. Keep practicing and reading guides on here and you're toon link will get better.

Slademj15

Smash Apprentice
At 1:47 you should of spiked that falco good. Also at some point during that falco match you footstooled the falco you should of followed up with a Dair.

At 2:04 when you grabbed the bomb out then air dodged you should of Zaired him then followed it up with the bomb.

2:09 you threw the boomerang then threw it again lol. I would of jumped ran to the other side and done a reverse arrow or somthing since fighting near the edge is risky with toon link.

Needs more Zair and come basic combo's like up tilt > up tilt > bair > bair. Try learning to do reverse arrow that will help you alot against you're opponent trying to approach you. You can do basic stuff like run jump pull out a bomb then shoot an arrow in the other direction. Keep practicing and reading guides on here and you're toon link will get better.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. Spiking against someone like Chaosmarth here is the toughest move I can make, it's so risky. Sometimes I take chances but there are a lot of risks for doing that.

Top Bottom