• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 3: This Saturday!! NJ 9/25!!

3v3s or Low Tier FFAs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm open to the idea, but I really don't see why restarting the match with 3 stocks every time would be beneficial. Could somebody offer an explanation?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I don't see so either. If someone puts M2K or Ally first round then they'll beat all players which I think is stupid.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I'm open to the idea, but I really don't see why restarting the match with 3 stocks every time would be beneficial. Could somebody offer an explanation?
Here is how doubles/singles works in other fighting games:

A team consists of two or three players. They send out one first vs another one. The winning player is still in, the losing player is out. In a lot of cases, regardless of who wins, both sit out the next match, and new players compete in the next match.

For example:

Inui/Atomsk/Izumi vs Keitaro/Eazy/Yes

Atomsk goes in first, takes out Yes.
Next match is Inui vs Keitaro, Keitaro takes out Inui.
Next match is Izumi vs Eazy, Izumi beats Eazy.
Keitaro faces Atomsk, loses, and the match is over.
Inui/Atomsk/Izumi win with two players left.

I don't see so either. If someone puts M2K or Ally first round then they'll beat all players which I think is stupid.
Step it up.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
>implying he would lose to Keitaro
Uh, okay? I can lose to him, especially best of one on a neutral. Keitaro and I are something like 6-3 in my favor not counting pre-release tournaments that don't matter. He can win. It was just a random scenario to explain how it works.

This would avoid excessive camping, since all the matches would have timers. It would also be more fair due to no counterpicking and stage striking existing for every match.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
i know lol but u cant expect a once every 5 month wolf to randomly get used and beat a good yoshi even if its yoshi.
How to beat Yoshi with Wolf in 2 steps.

1) Do nothing.
2) Win.

Who wants to be with me and Atomsk for 3v3? :)
Me if Trevor gets 8 stocks and I get 1.

Here is how doubles/singles works in other fighting games:

A team consists of two or three players. They send out one first vs another one. The winning player is still in, the losing player is out. In a lot of cases, regardless of who wins, both sit out the next match, and new players compete in the next match.

For example:

Inui/Atomsk/Izumi vs Keitaro/Eazy/Yes

Atomsk goes in first, takes out Yes.
Next match is Inui vs Keitaro, Keitaro takes out Inui.
Next match is Izumi vs Eazy, Izumi beats Eazy.
Keitaro faces Atomsk, loses, and the match is over.
Inui/Atomsk/Izumi win with two players left.

Step it up.
***** i'd **** atomsk
in a falcon ditto

Ninja Edd

Smash Journeyman
Inui most of the time that way is only for 2v2. Both teams have player A and B then both play the way you explained. 3v3 is just winner stays on.

I'll explain better, in a 3v3 in Sf4 lets say if i take a round off of someone but lose. The next game the player doesn't go in with a round loss they just start out fresh. I don't see how this is hard to understand.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui most of the time that way is only for 2v2. Both teams have player A and B then both play the way you explained. 3v3 is just winner stays on.

I'll explain better, in a 3v3 in Sf4 lets say if i take a round off of someone but lose. The next game the player doesn't go in with a round loss they just start out fresh. I don't see how this is hard to understand.
we can do what I said too :bee:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Notice how it's only people like Big M and Delta-cod who want mid/low tiers...since they think they have a chance of winning.

3v3.
It's funny, because I voted for 3v3 KNOWING my problem MUs would be incredibly prevalent in midtiers. :bee:

BigM's wolf loses to Yoshis and Deltacod would have to worry about the following other wolf's:

Atomsk
Yes!
Xzax
Ether (if he enters)

And the following fox's:

Atomsk
Yes!
Nakat
Rookie
Keitaro
Others (idk if they want people to know they use fox)

So...why mid tiers?
Wow that's pretty ridiculous. >_>''

So yeah, who wants to team for 3v3 assuming I can get here (ride anyone?)

Keitaro

If we do 3v3s its probably going to be in original crew battle rules.

I MAY add another stage to the stage list for singles/doubles/triples

It won't be Norfair for sure.

mib004

Smash Ace
Keitaro when we do 3v3 will a team be allowed to pick 3 of the same character or one character per player, for example 1 d3, 1 meta ect.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

Wooj

Smash Journeyman
wood any 1 wanna 3v3 wit me?

edit: nvm taking first in singles is good enough

Keitaro

Because of standard crew rules.

No timer.

Me vs. Orion.

1 stock to 3.

15 minutes long.

Don't think I won't do that.
Oh no way lol that rule will be changed. It'll be 8 minutes for each match.

Keitaro when we do 3v3 will a team be allowed to pick 3 of the same character or one character per player, for example 1 d3, 1 meta ect.
Any player can pick whatever character they want.

I like the idea being only on nuetrals.

Top Bottom