• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

KTAR 4 Results and Video Thread 1/15/11

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
@RedHalberd: Yeah I suppose. Everyone sees things differently. I go by results mostly. Like people around here think TKD is better than Mew2King like Doom and Pierce but I'm like....nah ***. Doesn't work that way imo.

Gnes <3

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
There should just be a long *** bridge that connects Japan to the US.
lol!! There better be mad pitstops then.

@RedHalberd: Yeah I suppose. Everyone sees things differently. I go by results mostly. Like people around here think TKD is better than Mew2King like Doom and Pierce but I'm like....nah ***. Doesn't work that way imo.

Gnes <3
People have trouble understanding stuff. Just cause 1 player won 2 tournies beating alot of top players in 1 region doesn't make him better than some guy who has been winning tournies in every other region.

Same thing happens on a local level. Every Falco player that comes out and does well around here is auto considered better than Keitaro until I somehow prove otherwise.

Yes I'm salty :p

Also Nairo vs Gnes is up

Match 1 HD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6VXIKAJk5u4
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWKYpkxzBtA&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=po4phmSRJuI&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

M2K vs Dabuz is coming very soon.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
jason i swear you repeat youself everytime.
rich brown beat and coney would have if you didnt scrooge coney so idk jason.

jason is a dramma queen
gnes overrated even though thats my ***
man i wish i went to this sighs
no they wouldn't have

I was frustrated playing coney first cuz all I just wanted to attack

so I kept getting grabbed cuz he was just waiting for attacks (sadly that's how brawl is played at high level)

i didn't care 2 much cuz I knew I was gonna win the set anyway

and I purposely planked to make everyone mad

so it would get banned

vs PS...

I 2 stock low %ed him on battlefield

lost last stock 90 on FD

then won 2-3 I think 3 stock on Norfair

Vega4

Smash Ace
well this is true, but put it this way.
M2k has been stacked up against about everyone in the US.
Even in Japan you don't see anyone as consistent as m2k.
The only other consistent players we've seen besides m2k is ally.
Maybe the level of all players there is too high... or maybe is like you say and there is no consistent... anyway we will see some answers in that tornament in Japan...

Vega4

Smash Ace
yeah if someone can give me a buddy pass to go <_< or donate or something

cuz I'm not paying a lot of money out of pocket to go there it's WAY too much and that is not a smart move with my current financial situation
How many cost that?

Coney

Smash Master
i disagree but whatever, doesn't matter now, i'm sure you've now learned the 7-3 MU and now i have no chance

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
don't get me wrong coney you're really skilled with ddd I just think all I have to do vs DDD with MK is camp him

I forgot that first game playing you then had to change it to gay mode

DDD is super super good at counterattacking approaches

but super bad at fighting running away

unfortunately that's the nature of some MUs in Brawl

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Coney. Does d3's u-air beat mk's d-air?

Side story:

I have a frustration, since a lot of skilled players are lurking this thread I figured this would be a good place to post it.

I'm really good against pro metaknights but lose to mid/high level meta knights. Has anyone else experienced this hump and do you have any tips on how to get over it?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I've had the same problem a lot of the time as well
It's because a lot of my gameplay comes from always using the best move in said situation countering what I expect my opponent to do, but when my opponent throws in curveballs I'm not used to (especially from not top players that experiment more or pick what we see isn't the best option), I sort of freeze up and it prevents me from predicting my opponent as well.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Maybe those players know the matchup vs your characters. There are only like 4 or 5 "pro" mk's so your questions pretty general.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
@Chibo: I've thought about that. I just don't expect some one to do something but they do it anyways and then I lock up

Maybe those players know the matchup vs your characters. There are only like 4 or 5 "pro" mk's so your questions pretty general.
That's another option that could totally be true.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
QFT!
Some top players generally just don't have matchup experience vs low-mid tier characters. It seems like mid-low level players generally know more about how to destroy characters through silly stuff, while the top players will jump into it either over-thinking the matchup, or taking the character lightly and playing too aggressive.

For instance, Gunblade (a high mid level player atm) consistently beats Kai's Sonic in tournament, while i struggle to take games off of him and barely won our last set (making us 1-1, i think?).

So, maybe that's not such an optimistic viewpoint for mid-low tier mains, but i think that's the reality of the circumstance. Perhaps the gimmicks that the mid-low level players know so well tend to shut down those characters so badly that it works even if you're better than them.

Keitaro

Last set that will be put up tonight is Fatal vs ADHD.

First upload tomorrow will be Anti vs Nairo.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Most "pro" MKs tend to be aggressive while mid/lower level MKs tend to be less so. This gives you more room for punishment as long as you read MK correctly, but you're more likely to get ***** harder for reading incorrectly. I have trouble against certain people because I play aggro as hell unless Im getting ***** for it. When MK doesnt approach he doesn't commit to much and gets punished less.

Gunblade789

Smash Ace
idk. I am really impatient. I play agressive as well but I do things that seems to make sence to me. like for instance against sonic, when I see him spin, I nado. if it is a spin cancel and he shields, I pound the shield to lower it. even if I get punished, I know he isn't gunna do a substantial amount of damage and I have him set up for easy pokes with my next couple of nados because his shield is low. idk if you guys think in that context or not. giving sonic space is the worst thing to do. keeping pressure is key to beating him. just my take on that matchup in particular.

sometimes people have characters that are wierd for them to fight and as a result have a hard time against them.

Keitaro

Don't worry, imma start finishing them up tomorrow. May be able to start again tonight since my hw due tonight is looking jokingly easy.

Top Bottom