• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

L cancel is in? let's discuss (video),gimpyfish help us,ask the japaneses about it

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=eWWQ3CAYRr4
0:30
Dedede cancels his dair and grabs.
That is an l-cancel, no debate.
EDIT: By l-cancel, I mean lag cancel, not l-button cancel.
by PopeOfChiliTown : Today at 12:23 PM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KzQfkwdnXDo
0:26 ike do an arial atk and try to grab or do a punch,is it l cancel?by suzuki

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=4eWl-DCrjwU&feature=user
About :43 in this video, Ike does a down air and I'm very sure that he's L-cancelling. Please correct me if I'm wrong.byAnth0ny

rusashi

Smash Apprentice
I thought the game did L Cancelling for you now, as in there's no lag inbetween aerials. But I may not know what I'm talking about cause I don't know much about advanced techs.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Its called hitting the ground after the animation has already ended.

Kruton

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure you have to fast fall to l-cancel in Brawl, where it's then done for you.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
I was skeptic of the first video of Kirby about the l-canceling thing, because with the exception of his dair it seemed like they all ended before he hit the ground.

With Dedede, it looks legit. He smacks Bowsers shield and is immediately on him with a grab. Not to mention how it's good to see the return of tech chasing. Dedede looks pretty awesome XD.

TheMuffinMan0311

Smash Apprentice
We've already known that Lag-Canceling existed, as Gimpy mentioned it at E 4 All, aerial lag is automatically canceled in Brawl, just fast-fall during an aerial and the game does it by itself, like the auto edge-grab (which grabs the ledge for you even in the middle of a recovery move)

raphtmarqui

Smash Lord
I hope theres a different way to L-cancel besides fastfalling because that way doesn't look very efficient/

verditude

Smash Journeyman
We've already known that Lag-Canceling existed, as Gimpy mentioned it at E 4 All, aerial lag is automatically canceled in Brawl, just fast-fall during an aerial and the game does it by itself, like the auto edge-grab (which grabs the ledge for you even in the middle of a recovery move)
True, but fastfalling before starting the aerial was said to remove all lag, not just cut it down. Has that been removed?

Firestorm88

Smash Lord
TheMuffinMan, gimpy clarified that it was gone in the Jump Festa demo. We should probably wait for retail before making any judgement as these are all different builds.

SlayerOfEvil

Smash Apprentice
Dedede looks awesome on Brawl :D
Yeah, that video looked legit. Cool thing its on auto now.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
i really wonder if we can l cancel in both forms,press shild at the right time and just do a fast falling arial

JayceMJ

Smash Apprentice
That is an l-cancel, no debate.
There's always room for debate when you don't have the game in your hands to confirm such a thing. A video is fine and good but we don't know if he L-Canceled in the way we know it in Melee. It might be the fast fall method OR maybe the lag after landing from an air attack has been greatly reduced.

Zek

Smash Ace
Sorry but it's impossible to tell from just watching a video whether or not L cancelling is in. We already know that aerial landing lag has been reduced across the board. Just wait until we have hands-on impressions.

Zodiac

Smash Master
I saw another down Ariel that DDD did that had lag unlike the l-canceled one we saw in the first video.

Hmaal

Smash Journeyman
Did you'll also notice how when Ike was running after Kirby is the 2nd Vid, he falls?

Falsh

Smash Cadet
Around 1:13 of the Kirby vs Kirby match it looks like the blue kirby L canceled. He fast falled and there seemed to be zero lag. This could be very low lag on the move, but I'm still hopeful. Also, when the Pink Kirby did his drill move he very quickly followed it up with a strong up.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
... I really think these are just moves with low lag. Anything is possible, though. Maybe they took it out for Whobby and put it back in for the final edition. I find that unlikely, but maybe....

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
I was skeptic of the first video of Kirby about the l-canceling thing, because with the exception of his dair it seemed like they all ended before he hit the ground.

With Dedede, it looks legit. He smacks Bowsers shield and is immediately on him with a grab. Not to mention how it's good to see the return of tech chasing. Dedede looks pretty awesome XD.

Yeah.But I thought Gimpy said that it was removed from the demo in Japan.I saw Ike in his video bust one too.He was a far from King Dedede tho when he did it.

iLink

Smash Champion
Did you'll also notice how when Ike was running after Kirby is the 2nd Vid, he falls?
That happens to some characters if you miss a throw. Even in melee if you try to grab someone while running you sorta lag a bit after unless you jump cancel it. But I could be wrong.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.But I thought Gimpy said that it was removed from the demo in Japan.I saw Ike in his video bust one too.He was a far from King Dedede tho when he did it.
gimpy said but maybe it's just a normal l cancelled not anything with fast fall,gimpy should ask his japanezes friends about it

JustinAC

Smash Cadet
To L-cancel in brawl, you have to fast-fall before you begin the ariel, then it's done for you.

suzuki brawl

Smash Journeyman
when gimpy said that he was talking about the EforAll demo,the japonezes guys which played at JumpFesta said that "l cancel" is out,and now with this new demo look's like it's in again

Dragonboy2k4

Smash Ace
when gimpy said that he was talking about the EforAll demo,the japonezes guys which played at JumpFesta said that "l cancel" is out,and now with this new demo look's like it's in again

Man,maybe they took it out to see what kind of reaction they will get? Other than that,I dont see why they did it. :laugh: Gimp,stop F+A'ing and get your aser in here mate pronto.We need some back up :mad:

S2

Smash Lord
I'm not sure its time to call whether its in or out.

Look at the facts

E 4 All had 1 type of L-cancel

It was gone in Jump Fiesta

Now its apparently back.

I'm going to wait for the Japanese players to get the final build. Who knows, maybe the new demos are older than the jump fiesta build (engine wise).

Here's praying its in though.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
If it is in it could possibly be like I said, something that got messed up when they were burning the demo copies from Jump Festa that made it not work. It happens with builds of games in development.

Zek

Smash Ace
Guys, there's still no proof that L-cancel is back. Nothing in those videos is conclusive at all. Don't get your hopes up until you hear actual hands-on feedback.

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Reverse neutral B was out during E 4 All, but now its back in. We'll just have to wait for release to know what's for sure in and out, regardless of previous experience.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
I hope theres a different way to L-cancel besides fastfalling because that way doesn't look very efficient/
I think that is the point. It makes L-canceling a little more situational. I think that is a very good thing. If e-for-all L-canceling is back for this demo and the final build I will be very happy.

Reverse neutral B was out during E 4 All, but now its back in.
I am hoping this is true but... where did you see/hear this?

Top Bottom