• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

l cancel trouble

doyoung2win

Smash Ace
hey guys, I'm having some trouble l-cancelling the dair consistently. is there a specific way to do it? is there difference in timing of when to do it during the move or if you cut the move off at a certain point in time? short hop and full hops as well as ledge hops.

Also, from watching recent mango vids vs jman, it seems he smash DI's fox's upair (out of uthrow) upwards. is that safer than DI'ing to either side?

finally, which DI is best when fighting against a falcon or sheik when you are at death percentages? (their dthrows most likely)

mastermoo420

Smash Ace
Uhhh... to L-cancel mult-hit moves, you have to basically watch when you land. I'm serious; that's basically the only way you can do it, and that's how I do it when I play Fox. Eventually, you'll probably get a sense of muscle memory, but, when you're starting, just watching when you land is a good method.

Smash-DI'ing the u-air is great, but it's situational on which direction to do it, afaik. If you're hit on the first hit pretty low into Fox (like his lower part), and you SDI up, you'll just be sent into the hitbox of the second, more dangerous hit. Same goes for the other directions, but this is all just theory, so this is what I can provide you now until someone more knowledgeable provides an answer.

Sheik? Not much info, but you should just vary your DI against Falcon. DI'ing away is probably good for starters, but you'll eventually have to switch to DI-ing towards the Falcon to throw him off of his d-throw > knee combo. Of course, you can always go for the rest, lol. But same for this applies as the second paragraph. P: My guesses.

SDC

Smash Lord
hey guys, I'm having some trouble l-cancelling the dair consistently. is there a specific way to do it? is there difference in timing of when to do it during the move or if you cut the move off at a certain point in time? short hop and full hops as well as ledge hops.
L-cancelling just takes practice. Keep playing and practicing and you'll eventually get it.

Also, from watching recent mango vids vs jman, it seems he smash DI's fox's upair (out of uthrow) upwards. is that safer than DI'ing to either side?
Ummmm not really sure, I think you should DI it toward fox's back, to that side, as the hitbox I believe goes mostly up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRhFfED1ulE
So I think you should be DIing to Fox's back, but not completely sure on that.

finally, which DI is best when fighting against a falcon or sheik when you are at death percentages? (their dthrows most likely)
Falcon, I think it's always best to DI away and up, or away and down if ground is near you, and if you DI down toward the ground, make sure you tech the floor, or else you'll get kneed in da face. That and mix up your DI to throw him off.

Sheik, as far as I know I believe you're pretty much ****ed at death percent when she grabs you: if you DI behind, she upairs you, if you DI in front, she fairs you. Just mix it up and hope she makes a mistake.

Top Bottom