• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lafayette's Soon to be Monthly June 27 @ Play N Trade

Curlz

Smash Lord
The Play N Trade in Lafayette, LA offered to let us have a monthly brawl tourny only if this one has a good turnout. We're hoping for at least 20 or so people.

Brawl Only: Singles and Doubles
(This is liable to change. If I get a high demand for Melee I will take off Brawl Doubles for Melee Singles)

Date/ Schedule:
Saturday June 27, 2009
Sign-Ups: 5:00pm
Doubles: 6:00pm
Singles will start right after doubles.

Fees:
-No venue fee
-Singles $5
-Teams $5 per person / $10 per team
-When signing up for teams both players must sign up at the same time with a team name
- 55/25/15/5 cash split if over 20 people; 60/25/15 if under 20 people; 100% of entry fees will go into the pot.

Venue information:

Play N Trade
139 Arnould Blvd
Lafayette, LA 70506
Phone: 337 456-5163

General Info:
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-Both Doubles and Singles will be done by a double-elimination bracket.

Rules:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

Know the rules.

-3 stock; 7:00 (Ties broken by stock then percent. 1 stock rematch if even % and stock.)
-Team attack on
-no items
-best 2/3, Winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals are 3/5
-Bring your own controller
-You are responsible for all controller malfunctions.
-advanced slob picks
-Stage striking for first pick (players may agree on a stage or random)
-Stage bans: each player may ban one stage after stage striking occurs
-Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: a player/ team may not pick a stage that he won on previously in the set
-Any charactercide counts as a win for the player who initiated the attack.
-Kirbycide will result in a win for Kirby unless Kirby spits out the player before falling off stage. If so, the results run accordingly to the game. Same goes for King Dedede.
-Team Color Rule-If a team has Lucario on it, they must be blue.
-Team ports will be 1221. R-P-S to decide if there is a disagreement.
-We'll call your match a few times. If you haven't show within 5, maybe 10 minutes, you lose.
-No excessive stalling.
-No more than 5 edge grabs in a row without touching the stage.
-Infinities must not continue past 300%.
-The Infinite Dimensional Cape is banned.

HACKS:

Do not load Brawl through Homebrew unless you clear it with me first. The only hacks I will allow are custom music, infinite replays, and tags in replays. Nothing else unless you hear it from me first. Thanks.

STAGE STRIKING:

We will use STAGE STRIKING to start the set. NOT RANDOM (unless both players agree). Basically, Player A chooses one stage from the Starter list that he doesn't want to play. Player B picks a stage he doesn't want from the remaining list. Players A & B alternate until only one stage is left. This is the stage for the first match.

Stage List
------------
Starter:
Lylat, FD, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's, Delfino, Pokemon Stadium 1

Counterpick:

Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Frigate, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Pictochat, Norfair, Corneria (teams only), Jungle Japes, and Pirate Ship

Banned:
The rest

Setups:
Play N Trade : 8 TVs
Curlz: TV + Wii/Brawl
FakeGeorge: TV + Wii/Brawl
Tri-Hex: 2 Wii/Brawl
Oath: Wii/Brawl
Arcadia: Wii/Brawl

Total: 10 TVs, 6 Wii/Brawl

Headcount:

Lafayette:
Oathkeep005
Curlz
cycleagle
Tri-Hex

New Orleans:
Arcadia15x
Hyro
JNig

Baton Rouge:
FakeGeorge
Nickz0r

Winnar

Smash Lord
What time is this going to start? That would dictate heavily on whether or not the Slidell crew can make it, as Zigsta gets back from work at like 5 or something.

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
What time is this going to start? That would dictate heavily on whether or not the Slidell crew can make it, as Zigsta gets back from work at like 5 or something.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slidell crew? Why has noone informed Mandeville of this? We must Melee. Please tell me the Slidell crew Melees.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Whoa, whoa, whoa. Slidell crew? Why has noone informed Mandeville of this? We must Melee. Please tell me the Slidell crew Melees.
Some of the slidell crew melees.

Some of us meaning myself and my little brother.

But we're severely out of practice D: Friendlies would be awesome though :D

Samus_Hats

Smash Apprentice
Some of the slidell crew melees.

Some of us meaning myself and my little brother.

But we're severely out of practice D: Friendlies would be awesome though :D
It must and will happen. Though there are only two of us in Mandeville, and im pretty sure im the only one who has been practicing. Captain Sa10 has been brawling. But yeah, just give me a date you guys are free and ill check with him and drive over.

Curlz

Smash Lord
There might be a Melee Side Tournament instead of doubles at this Ply N Trade. Idk though. I'll double check.

Edit: Times are up.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
all right, I called up Play and trade to check on things since I asked if we could use the place neaarly a month ago.

They said June 27th satarday (Curlz lies) 5:00 pm

We are allowed to run the tourney However we want, Curlz and I Dont know whether to run Single and double brawl or Singles brawl and melee. So We will let you vote to it.

We will be stealing rules from Gameware monthlies.

BTW last I checked they have 6-8 tvs, but I dont know if they have that number of wii's

BTW Guy's Im Oath, me and Curlz are running this together (meaning it was all my idea >:D)

Curlz

Smash Lord
*Edits first post*

I'm thinking about making it Brawl Only: Singles and Doubles but if I get a high amount of people wanting Melee we'll take off Doubles.

Winnar

Smash Lord
I vote Brawl only just because I'd rather do brawl doubles than melee singles.

<3 doubles like mmm

Also if it starts at 5 then we might miss doubles anyway so...I guess I don't have a vote? **** I really love doubles though D: I might just have to let Zigsta drive by himself.

---

Also Hats yeah Mandeville is really close, what are you up to this week? You can come over here or I don't mind driving over there sometime. Pretty much any time during the weekdays I'm game for going over, and I can bring my little brother, I'm sure he'd appreciate getting to play melee with someone other than me.

Or of course if you'd rather come here that's cool too

Curlz

Smash Lord
Winnar, if you could make it that would be cool. Possibly make some other NO people want to come. :]

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
It's nice to see more La. tournaments popping up.

How late would PnT let us stay? I start Gameware around 7pm with 30-40 people and 8 setups. If we do Singles and Teams, it runs until 2am. I don't know what kind of turnout you expect, but it'd be a good idea to be prepared to stay late.

Also, does the store have LCD or CRT televisions? LCDs have this tendency to lag and whatnot. If you need any help/ advice, I'm willing to do what I can.

I might go to this, but it depends a lot on if I feel like traveling. If I do come, I'll probably have a setup.

Curlz

Smash Lord
I don't know exactly how late they're letting us stay. Everytime I call the guy employee either doesn't know about it or "isn't completely sure".

If we get 20 or so people with 8+ setups I think we could make it run fast (I hope)

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X
I gave my number to PnT, but he hasnt called me yet. I suppose it will be today. He said there was things he wanted to talk to me about the tourney in an email (I didnt remeber my phone at the time). I still need to ask him about if we need to bring setups. Should IO see if we can start it earlier?
LCD or CRT televisions? <- I will remeber to ask.

EDIT:
1: They want to have the prize in store credit, Im assuming we are all gamers so and can live with that
2: They have 9 plasma TVs <.< and one wii, need setups.
3: We can stay untill we die

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Yeah, I might come. I might decide to take the weekend off, though.

Winnar

Smash Lord
IIRC it's 2 and a half hours away, so...yeah I'm kind of inclined to skip this one. Sorry curlz

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
IIRC it's 2 and a half hours away, so...yeah I'm kind of inclined to skip this one. Sorry curlz
Well if Winnar isn't coming, then I'm not, either. :p We'll see you guys at the next tournament.

Curlz

Smash Lord
That's fine. I would have been fun seeing you guys again, but do what you have to do.
See you guys at the next Dibbz.

RickyB

Smash Cadet
Play N Trade After Party Info:

The Bulldog:

109 General Mouton Ave, Lafayette, LA 70501
$1 VODKA and $1 AMBER BOCK every Saturday!

18 to get in 18 to drink. Not it for designated driver. see you noobs there after the tourney.

oathkeeper005

Smash Cadet
NNID
Oath_X

The Bulldog:

18 to get in 18 to drink. Not it for designated driver. see you noobs there after the tourney.
That will have to wait for next month. at least for me.

Curlz

Smash Lord

The Bulldog:

I'll be the designated driver since I don't drink.
Do they ID you when you walk in?

Ricky, where can I get a good ID?

Curlz

Smash Lord
Results

Doubles: 9 Teams

1. The Epic Flounders / Lee Martin (Snake/MK) and r0ni (MK/Falco) $54
2. IDK My BFF Jill / Hyro (TL) and Blaino (Samus/MK) $27
3. The Ario Brothers / Arcadia (Lucario) and JNig (Wario) $9
4. Team Punishment / Flounder (Marth/Kirby/D3) and Bruno (Wolf)
5. Vivid Detail / Curlz (Ness/MK/TL) and Oath (Pit)
5. Link From the Past / Fang (TL) and Easton (Link)
7. Starwolf / Tony (Wolf?) and Blake (Fox?)
7 Team Chrono / Daniel (Pit) and Chow (ZSS)
9. Calecovision / Mychal (Falco) and Axel (Olimar)

Singles: 15 Entrants

1. Lee Martin $44
2. Hyro $20
3. r0ni $12
4. JNig (wtf?) $4

The rest of the bracket is trash because Play N Trade messed up the seeding when we did singles.

(Listed in order of win/loss ratio)

Arcaidia (behind JNig?)
Blaino
Flounder
Batto
RickyB
Curlz
Oath
Mychal
Daniel
David
Axel