• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Landing Rest Disscussion Tread

Glick

Smash Lord
I mean. Those matchups aren't THAT bad. MK and Snake really aren't TERRIBLE matchups. Its just G&W. Falcos actually a good matchup for jiggz (IDC what alex says). Rob is pretty even IMO.

I think its just high tier that gives her trouble.

PND

Smash Champion
I'd put ROB versus Jiggs at Jiggs advantage, although slight.

Out of all my characters, Jiggs is the one I'm most comfortable bringing out against Buenob / JAG's ROB. He's a better player, but I can take him with Jiggs, and Jigglesthepuff knocked him out of LBT. Plus the match is mega fun. He hasn't uploaded those vidjeos of us drunk yet, though. . .

Drunk Jiggs vs Drunk ROB = best matches ever.

Glick

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be able to play brawl drunk. I'd get really really frustrated. Melee would be fun though. lol. Drunken wavedashs ftw.

anyway, yeah I never really have trouble with ROB. Actually recently, I've been having trouble with DK. I've always put jiggz at the advantage. But lately I've been losing to them.

PND

Smash Champion
I always put DK at slight advantage just because how easy he kills us. And SideB shield breaker is fear.

I mean, we juggle the crap out of him, but his bair >>> us, his tilts can all swat us away, and if he hits a smash, like, ever, we're screwed. But we can gimp the hell out of him.

Glick

Smash Lord
Actually not really. Hes REALLY hard to gimp since we dont have spikes, we have horizontal gimpage. The same reason why MK can't gimp DK that easily, but kirby on the other hand ***** DK off stage.

PND

Smash Champion
I nair or dair him. It's not a spike, but I find it can occasionally push him low enough or far away enough for me to grab the edge and he can't.

But that UpB has super armor, **** it! Actually, I love that super armor. I play DK as well >_>

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I always put DK at slight advantage just because how easy he kills us. And SideB shield breaker is fear.
I mean, we juggle the crap out of him, but his bair >>> us, his tilts can all swat us away, and if he hits a smash, like, ever, we're screwed. But we can gimp the hell out of him.
Actually not really. Hes REALLY hard to gimp since we dont have spikes, we have horizontal gimpage. The same reason why MK can't gimp DK that easily, but kirby on the other hand ***** DK off stage.
he is easy to combo/chain if you attack very quickly. But I just hate his D-air spike, it just is so hard to avoid in the air. In this case you need to stay close to the top of him to avoid it.

Glick

Smash Lord
he is easy to combo/chain if you attack very quickly. But I just hate his D-air spike, it just is so hard to avoid in the air. In this case you need to stay close to the top of him to avoid it.
So what? We combo him up to 60 percent. BIG DEAL.

He can kill us at like 50 with down smash.

Veril

Frame Savant
Off the topic of DK. I'm really curious about the multi-hit kill moves that Jiggs may be able to DI into rest with.

I posted a lot on it in my thread. If anyone is positive of a move that is compatible with this please... do tell.

I already know:
Wolf's F-Smash
Link and Toon Links F-Smash
Diddy's F-Smash
Possibly Snakes F-Tilt

There are MANY that I am curious about. While I am doing a ton of testing of this, any help would be appreciated.

KO moves that can be negated through interrupting rests are very notable since missing a rest will often mean a fully charged version will come our way.

I know a lot of non-KO moves this is compatible with but the KO moves are much more interesting.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Off the topic of DK. I'm really curious about the multi-hit kill moves that Jiggs may be able to DI into rest with.

I posted a lot on it in my thread. If anyone is positive of a move that is compatible with this please... do tell.

I already know:
Wolf's F-Smash
Diddy's F-Smash
Possibly Snakes F-Tilt

There are MANY that I am curious about. While I am doing a ton of testing of this, any help would be appreciated.

KO moves that can be negated through interrupting rests are very notable since missing a rest will often mean a fully charged version will come our way.

I know a lot of non-KO moves this is compatible with but the KO moves are much more interesting.
At what percentage did you do Link's because his F-smash has legit knockback on the first hit at mid percentages and can kill at high percentages (I mean very high).

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
A footstooled DK is a dead one.

I already know:
Wolf's F-Smash
Diddy's F-Smash
Possibly Snakes F-Tilt

DK isn't much for multi hit attacks. Grounded upb, maybe.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
A footstooled DK is a rare one. And it is really easy to just run off and fair the interrupt his B-up recovery. Just takes practice for timing but don't stay close to him when trying to gimp him unless you want nair to footstool.
Yeah, his Uair is really dangerous. Sourspotted Nair to footstool isn't too hard to pull off. I didn't know you could Fair him out of upB. Doesn't he get Invincibility frames?

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Yeah, his Uair is really dangerous. Sourspotted Nair to footstool isn't too hard to pull off. I didn't know you could Fair him out of upB. Doesn't he get Invincibility frames?
Yes but if you push off once he uses the move, you should be fine. Go to 1:23 in this embarrassing loss to see it in action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrzjb9mRdj4&fmt=6

Essentially, if you hit him after the initial frames and you know how to time, he's yours, especially below the stage.

Veril

Frame Savant
At what percentage did you do Link's because his F-smash has legit knockback on the first hit at mid percentages and can kill at high percentages (I mean very high).
I retract the Link statement. It was possible for me to SDI backwards out of it with close spacing at <20% dmg. I have not been able to consistently replicate it.

Link's F-Smash is not reliably DIable. Nor is his Up-Smash from what I can tell.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I retract the Link statement. It was possible for me to SDI backwards out of it with close spacing at <20% dmg. I have not been able to consistently replicate it.

Link's F-Smash is not reliably DIable. Nor is his Up-Smash from what I can tell.
Yeah, just be sure to test it when you are above 50% as well. And if you could get specific percentages where it is possible for some moves, that would be amazing and really drastically change her metagame so this could get wide usage.

Veril

Frame Savant
Bomb-Canceled Rest (AT):

If you are playing against a Link or Toon Link, or on a team with one, and manage to get your hands on a bomb you have the option of safely using rest against them regardless of their percentage.

A bomb will always go off well within the time between you hitting with rest and them landing. The bomb will cancel that d*** lag and prevent the punishing you would ordinarily receive.

Landing this...

Drill Bombing: bomb-drop (z to drop, aerial to regrab) to drill rest. Perfect shield a laggy attack to get an opening for this. Or capitalize on any mistake.

Bomb-drop w/soft N-Air to rest might work too...

Also, at relatively low % (Jiggs) you should ALWAYS use rest on Sonic if he spindashes. Nothing he can do will KO you or do more damage then rest (I'm pretty sure 19% is his max with a full charge F or Up smash).

I will get % for SDI... eventually. I mean... tons of data. All testing now is at low percents.

Veril

Frame Savant
this is random but.... lol I never tried countering yoshi's egg roll. Ill try it; xD its going to be ****ing epic :chuckle:. and get your *** into the holiday spirit xD! santa hat your avatar.
Egg roll is counterable. And its amazing when you do.

Thank you for the link. I'm so happy people feel this is advancing the metagame.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Meh..... I like christmas, but epic puff is better.
Epic puff + santa hat = win
Egg roll is counterable. And its amazing when you do.
Thank you for the link. I'm so happy people feel this is advancing the metagame.
yor welcome. I think this is a great addition, but it needs aplication. I know this sounds n00bish, but im going to, and you should too, test these on a lvl 9 cpu. as they attack with these combos, use rest to counter like you would while controled testing. Post your results. lvl 9s are horrible, but its only for the sake of trying to use it in gameplay. If you get used to it on a cpu, you can do it on a normal player.

and Veril...... zombie holiday puff would pwn.

Veril

Frame Savant
Epic puff + santa hat = win

yor welcome. I think this is a great addition, but it needs aplication. I know this sounds n00bish, but im going to, and you should too, test these on a lvl 9 cpu. as they attack with these combos, use rest to counter like you would while controled testing. Post your results. lvl 9s are horrible, but its only for the sake of trying to use it in gameplay. If you get used to it on a cpu, you can do it on a normal player.

and Veril...... zombie holiday puff would pwn.
Lvl 9 cpus are fantastic... for this. They perfect shield EVERYTHING because they are f***ing shield-bots. Thus you'll know if you've got a true combo or not. I learned beyond a shadow of a doubt that GW and pikachu's jabs aren't realistically interruptible.

zombie puff owns all day and all night. Zombie puff needs no photo-shopping.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Lvl 9 cpus are fantastic... for this. They perfect shield EVERYTHING because they are f***ing shield-bots. Thus you'll know if you've got a true combo or not. I learned beyond a shadow of a doubt that GW and pikachu's jabs aren't realistically interruptible.

zombie puff owns all day and all night. Zombie puff needs no photo-shopping.
true acctualy. They perfect sheild everything, and they ****ing tek off every stage spike I throw at them. **** you sakurai!!!! Sheild bots, tek bots....
but they suck at play. They never airdodge, and they cant recover.

Top Bottom