• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LARGELY shorten the delay of grabbing (Reverse dash cancel grab) advance technique

megamanexev3

Smash Journeyman
I'm not that good with Smash terminology, hopefully I'm saying this right.

As Lucas (no duh), dash forward, press R quickly, then Z and the opposite direction you were running. If done correctly, the resulting delay will be very minimal. You can do this really fast to get your grab to go the direction you are facing, great for mind games. Often I avoid Lucas' grab in mind games as it has major delay, but I've found myself using it a lot more now. Hopefully this technique hasn't been discovered yet.

If it hasn't, I shall name it:

M3's Minimal Delay Reverse Grab Technique.

Yes, incredibly corny, thank you very much.

TheHiveMind

Smash Cadet
yeah i'll try this next time i go to my fiends house. lol lucas pwns, there was a tourney at my school for brawl, which i had never played at the time, and i won cuz i randomed lucas LOL.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
i just tried it and it doesn't come out any faster then just standing still. all the shield does is stop you. it does have less lag then a dash grab though. i dunno what you are trying to say... it is exactly the same.

coolguy75

Smash Cadet
isn't that just a shield canceled dash into a standing grab?

that would explain it not being any faster than standing still

but i wonder if the control stick being smashed backwards has any effect

Galeon

Smash Ace
It's a Pivot Grab and it was featured on the dojo. This isn't just not new, this was known about before brawl even came out in America.

Dadam

Smash Rookie
yeah, a pivot grab comes out much faster than a standing grab and slightly faster than a dash grab. timing is somewhat precise because if you try to do this too quickly, or press buttons in the wrong order, you'll just end up rolling (epic fail)

Top Bottom