• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Pictoras - SWF Picture Thread

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
TM your boyfriend is kinda adorable.
Isn't he just? n____n I love teasing him, he's far more grounded and chilled out than I am. I do reckon he's a bit of a gay magnet as well. Haha.

TM you hear this every time you post pictures but you really do go everywhere/do everything.

This!!!!!
You have such fun adventures girlie!

:phone:

Hehe, I'm quite fortunate to be able to travel for work, although in June my boyfriend and I did a month long trip in Asia...hence lots of excitement! Am back in Melbourne now though, so things should be calming down a bit...more works and stuff. :c

I re-coloured my hair today though? It's dark again...maybe pics lator.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
TM, I've been viewing this thread for a while but never posted in it or anything but I always had this question. What places have you been to and traveled to in the world? You seem to go to a lot of places but I was always curious like of all the places you've been since you seem to travel a lot.

Oh and a side-note, mad jealous of shooting that AK-47 because that is a gun I've always wanted to try shooting if I ever got the chance.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
TM, I've been viewing this thread for a while but never posted in it or anything but I always had this question. What places have you been to and traveled to in the world? You seem to go to a lot of places but I was always curious like of all the places you've been since you seem to travel a lot.

Oh and a side-note, mad jealous of shooting that AK-47 because that is a gun I've always wanted to try shooting if I ever got the chance.
The list is a bit long but I'll try to remember what I can, I'm also listing major cities generally... c: (and to make it relevant I'll add some pictiares)

(Great Ocean Road in Victoria, one of the famous stops called 'The 12 Apostles')

Australia
- Melbourne
- Sydney
- Canberra
- Gold Coast
- Launceston (plus other small towns in Tasmania nearby)

(Angkor Wat in Cambodia, one of the world's seven wonders. Amazing!)

Asia
- Singapore
- Malaysia (KL, Penang, Sandakan)
- Indonesia (Bali)
- Thailand (Bangkok, Phuket, Koh Samui)
- Vietnam (Hanoi, Hoi An, Ho Chi Minh)
- Cambodia (Siem Reap, Phnom Penh)
- Philippines (Manila, Cebu, Bohol, Boracay and a few other places)
- Japan (Tokyo, Kyoto, Hakuba, Fukuoka)
- China (Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Hong Kong)
- Taiwan (Taipei)

(Switzerland, lakes there are beautiful)

Europe
- Germany (Berlin, Dusseldorf, Koln, Heidelberg, Frankfurt...and other cities I can't remember)
- Switzerland (Zurich, Schiers, Lucerne)
- France (Paris, Provence/South of France (Bargemon), Nice, Champagne)
- Spain (Bareclona)
- Italy (Rome, Florence, Bologna, Pisa, Siena, Tuscany (in general), Venice, Padova)
- Poland (lived there when I was 3 for 6 months, can't remember where though)
- Amsterdam
- London
- Belgium (Brussels)
- Sweden (Stockholm)

Americas/Canada
- Toronto
- Vancouver
- Montreal (I think...)
- Buffalo
- Minnesota
- New York
- Los Angeles
- Hawaii
- All the disneylands + disneyworld in the states
- And probably cities, but I don't remember as I would've been young.

But yeah, I'm pretty fortunate, I think I got on my first plane when I was 3 months old and have been travelling for the past 20+ years since.

And in regards to the AK-47, we had a bunch of guns to choose from (including a mini machine gun I think), but had to go classic! It had quite a bit of kick, but it was actually bolted at the front, which would have absorbed quite a bit of the kick as well. Can't imagine how tiring it would be having to use it in battle would've been!

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia

Wow, thank you very much for such a detailed list. That is so very cool to all the places you have been and that's astounding. I mean some of those places are just like wooooow insanely cool, girl.

Have you ever thought of traveling to Africa and the Egypt area possibly Or possibly Russia?

Haha, that is very cool that you stuck with the classic! Battle as compared to just shooting would definitely be a very different experience to say the least. xD

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aww cute gif! n__n

We actually would have had an opportunity to go to Russia, as my boyfriend applied for a psychology conference being held there (he's doing a phd) but they took forever to reply. We would have gone to Russia but by the time the conference committee replied to confirm he was accepted we had bought our tickets to Asia (as I had a meeting and friends wedding at the same time). :( ah well, Cambodia ended up being a first for the both of us at least!

My mum has done Egypt and I would love to go! Seeing all the Egyptian relics in the Lourve in Paris really makes me want to see it in its homeland! A family friend has also shown us pics of his trip to Damascus which looked amaaaazing! The wish list is still ridiculously long on a whole, I'd love to do Iceland too....sigh! :)

If you have any questions on any of the places I've been to feel to ask or PM. Love talking travel :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Aww cute gif! n__n

We actually would have had an opportunity to go to Russia, as my boyfriend applied for a psychology conference being held there (he's doing a phd) but they took forever to reply. We would have gone to Russia but by the time the conference committee replied to confirm he was accepted we had bought our tickets to Asia (as I had a meeting and friends wedding at the same time). :( ah well, Cambodia ended up being a first for the both of us at least!

My mum has done Egypt and I would love to go! Seeing all the Egyptian relics in the Lourve in Paris really makes me want to see it in its homeland! A family friend has also shown us pics of his trip to Damascus which looked amaaaazing! The wish list is still ridiculously long on a whole, I'd love to do Iceland too....sigh! :)

If you have any questions on any of the places I've been to feel to ask or PM. Love talking travel :)

I would say go to Egypt sooner rather than later. Some fundamentalists are considering blowing up all the ancient relics because they're a symbol of idolatry and paganism or some nonsense.

Remember what happened to the world's oldest Buddha statue?

These guys don't bluff x__x

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
And also I'm not talking terrorists, I'm talking government officials.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Not everyone cares or respects some things. Some also like destroying things that make others happy.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Aww cute gif! n__n

That sucks about Russia. Fate and Luck sometimes do funny things it seems but at least going to Cambodia probably was an adventure!

Iceland is gorgeous from what I have been shown from my friends who have gone there. That is definitely a place on my travel list to go to someday just for the site of how beautiful it is. I would recommend Egypt just because of its art and relics and it's exotic nature. Plus if I recall correctly, you can set up a boat trip down the Nile for a bit from somewhere near Egypt which sounds fantastic.

I'll probably take you up on that conversation about traveling sometime most definitely.
is that u?
Haha, nah that's not me. That's just a gif I found.

I would say go to Egypt sooner rather than later. Some fundamentalists are considering blowing up all the ancient relics because they're a symbol of idolatry and paganism or some nonsense.

That is really upsetting. =/ As Lokii said, I love the art and relics and it sucks that some people just don't care about that sort of thing anymore. I really hope they go against it.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Come to Ireland with Cao and the crew TM. :D
Totally want to! I WANT ALL THE BLACK PUDDING! (and I've heard you guys do it well) <3

That sucks, although government, being government, they forget how much culture brings in tourists and is good for a country in general :/

I was actually quite amazed in Cambodia that the temples were still standing. You would have thought during the Pol Pot regime, he would've wanted to destroy them or the like. Fortunately not, but it's still curious.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
"Hey everyone guess what? My son is a DOCTOR! HA! IN YOUR FACE!"

Congrats man.

Mrs. Bahamut

BRoomer
BRoomer
SuperBowser, what did you get your masters in?

EDIT:

Oh I see: medicine. That's strange that y'all have only a hood for an MD in England. At my university here in the US, they get those strange robes with the funky sleeves and poofy hats that the PhD's and professors wear. Masters degrees get the hoods, like what I received.

SuperBowser

Smash Lord
Weird, I didn't realise it's different in america. As far as I know everybody wears the same general outfit in UK. We get a robe, a coloured bit (corresponding to our course colour) and a cap. It's bad but I don't know their proper names haha. The only real difference for phds and prfoessors is that they get funky colours (like bright crimson!) instead.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Just got back from being with my boyfriend for ten days :3

Finally a picture of both of us~

Top Bottom