• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Las Vegas Smash - Multiple Video Game Bars

Blade689

Smash Journeyman
Aesop rock is spoken word?
He is hip-hop, but my style is like Aesop in incomplete construction of a scene, forcing motivation of each character throughout he listeners experiences. He does do slam poetry in a few tracks. like gopher guts off of his latest album Skelethon, he does a 8 line spoken word.... and they are often his most powerful messages

"I have been completely unable to maintain any semblance of relationship on any level
I have been a ******* to the people who have actively attempted to deliver me from peril
I have been acutely undeserving of the ear that listen up and lip that kissed me on the temple
I have been accustomed to a stubborn disposition that admits it wish it's history disassembled
I have been a hypocrite in sermonizing tolerance while skimming for a ministry to pretzel
I have been unfairly resentful of those I wish that acted different when the bidding was essential
I have been a terrible communicator prone to isolation over sympathy for devils
I have been my own worst enemy since the very genesis of rebels"

^^like.... dam. thats some hard truth that most people wouldn't openly admit to.

Why is Blade getting mad :(

I liked him...
Thx man! I generally like people on smash boards too. I just don't like people nagging others about their rules/preferences as absolutes. Aka: items should always be turned off seems to be the moto on smash boards....

I would love to see an item guide/forum... maybe tutorial about different ways of using or disarming items. But instead, the moment items are brought up, people either outcast the person as a "n00b" or yell about the item they personally hate the most instead of seeking a solution and sharing it with the group as a fruitful discovery. I have attempted many times to bring up items on these forum, and it always spirals into a terrible discussion that never actually draws out tactic (because most people claim there is none). I personally love items. I would never allow them in a tournament. But...... to dismiss them, and degrade others for what they enjoy about this game just crawls under my skin.

TheMagistrate

Smash Apprentice
"I have been completely unable to maintain any semblance of relationship on any level
I have been a ******* to the people who have actively attempted to deliver me from peril
I have been acutely undeserving of the ear that listen up and lip that kissed me on the temple
I have been accustomed to a stubborn disposition that admits it wish it's history disassembled
I have been a hypocrite in sermonizing tolerance while skimming for a ministry to pretzel
I have been unfairly resentful of those I wish that acted different when the bidding was essential
I have been a terrible communicator prone to isolation over sympathy for devils
I have been my own worst enemy since the very genesis of rebels"

^^like.... dam. thats some hard truth that most people wouldn't openly admit to.
I'm sorry, but nothing in that was very deep. Surface level philosophy at best.

The Star King

Smash Hero
But they're song lyrics! When ideas are put into lyrics they're 100x deeper than they are outside of music, duh!

Battlecow

Play to Win
I'm sorry, but nothing in that was very deep. Surface level philosophy at best.
He didn't say it was deep, he said it was hard truth. A song doesn't have to be 6 pages of Kant to be worthwhile and intelligently written

not gonna argue about it because IDK anything about skelethon

None Shall Pass is my **** though. At least some of it.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
But they're song lyrics! When ideas are put into lyrics they're 100x deeper than they are outside of music, duh!
Well, more like they are deep compared to all the other songs that are about random crap like "hey i'm rich and party a lot" or "i come from a rough neighborhood and used to sell drugs" or "wow this girl is really hot"

SSBPete

Smash Lord
well said battlecow

my favorite artist of all time is bob dylan, mainly because he writes fantastic lyrics that actually make you think. people who can write about the hard truth are ok, but bob dylans music gives you a lot more freedom. you can interpret your own truth through metaphors and ambiguous ideas, while his lyrics are still coherent and make sense. this is far more appealing to me

:phone:

ballin4life

Smash Hero
^^Bob2gud.

Hey, I like those :urg: .

Well I like romantic songs, or songs about makin' babies. I like some nice slow jams :) .
I didn't say that you can't like those songs (I like plenty of songs that fall into those categories). I'm just saying they are lyrically shallow and cliched.

Sangoku

Smash Master
"hey i'm rich and party a lot" or "i come from a rough neighborhood and used to sell drugs" or "wow this girl is really hot" can be hard truth too...

Battlecow

Play to Win
well said battlecow

my favorite artist of all time is bob dylan, mainly because he writes fantastic lyrics that actually make you think. people who can write about the hard truth are ok, but bob dylans music gives you a lot more freedom. you can interpret your own truth through metaphors and ambiguous ideas, while his lyrics are still coherent and make sense. this is far more appealing to me

You are awesome and you should feel awesome

Bob 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 2 gud

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
ADAPTER PLUGGED IN / SEEMINGLY WORKING / ON GALAXY NOW

Bryanmicon username there too

KNIGHT FOX HIT ME UP FOR SMASH

dandan

Smash Lord
am in the only one eagerly anticipating results? 64 scene so cold atm this is like a superbowl or something.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Ok i just read this whole thread.

Why is there 5 pages? It shouldn't even be a thread lol.

Why is blade trying to debate things, while stating he's ignoring the other side of the argument O_o

Battlecow just crush this old man so he can either leave or get a realistic mindset....take what ever money you can get too ;D

Wish i could go to this place and play him...free smash64 and booze is quite a deal!!

I'm on there, been PM'ing you

what's up?
He may have played someone online :o

Your plan maybe out the window.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Bryan being invisible on server >___>

Edit: looks like kphox already 4-stocked him. Booooooooooooring

it was fun when I still thought he was gonna bet $

The Star King

Smash Hero
4 stocked by KnitePhox?

*sigh*

I knew it was going to happen, but I still feel disappointed that he isn't even decent.

Battlecow you're so shameless lol

Battlecow

Play to Win
What? I never pretended my interest in him stemmed from his being a great player.

OF COURSE he's not decent lol. Was Acolyte decent? Was Kero? Infamous? Any of the 9001 identical people I've met in real life? It's not the kind of thing where you think you're on Isai's level but you end up only being on Killer's, lol.

I think it's time to make a STANDARDIZED board-wide protocol for this sort of thing. Maybe have AA or someone write up a long post entitled "So you think you're the best in the world" or something.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Well that would be efficient, but it would also ruin our fun. I mean sure, the Bryan Micon saga wasn't great, but the Kero/Diablo saga was hilaaaarious.

Though if we made that thread, first thing must be to post some EZ training mode combos for each character and tell them if they can't even do those, then just sit the **** down. I tried to ask Micon if he could do sh dair uair using one of ballin's combos, and he just said "yea my combos look a little different." People don't understand that you have to be able to perform all of these "advanced" techniques just to even be able compete. Of course no new player will ever believe anyone until the smackdown has been laid down, so why are we even talking about this.

Mahie

Smash Lord
Yeah, I've had my share of people wanting their "own style" and kind of disregarding that, but forging your own style comes after you learn all the book, it's a mandatory first step for any player.

The Star King

Smash Hero
What? I never pretended my interest in him stemmed from his being a great player.

OF COURSE he's not decent lol. Was Acolyte decent? Was Kero? Infamous? Any of the 9001 identical people I've met in real life? It's not the kind of thing where you think you're on Isai's level but you end up only being on Killer's, lol..
Yeah I know, I was dum enough to take him even the tiniest bit seriously though.

My memory seems to be failing me because I don't remember Infamous. WHO DAT.

I think it's time to make a STANDARDIZED board-wide protocol for this sort of thing. Maybe have AA or someone write up a long post entitled "So you think you're the best in the world" or something.
Yeah but they wouldn't listen anyways lol

kys

Smash Ace
There's a subtle difference between a scrub and an actual good player.

We can easily spot it, because we know what we're talking about and we're used to it. Scrubs think they know, but they just don't. The first step in learning is always ****.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Eh, I would have been surprised if it actually happened. The obvious thing for him to do is to play other people on Galaxy first and scout out the skill online.

Battlecow said on stream chat that's probably what he'll do, and I agreed.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
SURRI HAS A HUGE MOUTH.

Lmao he was like "wow, everyone does those short jumps!"in Skype voicechat. Sucks that he tested his joystick range at 5frames vs me, I was toying as well

Surri for worst person evr

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
1) I was frame 5 vs. frame 1

2) I have a dedicated server how hard is it to set this up? I must have west-coast ping times before you guys call me crap

3) just won a 4-player match on Galaxy with items. This is my 2nd time playing with the lag

The Star King

Smash Hero
You know what p2p is? You can connect for equal (and usually lower) delay.

SURRI HAS A HUGE MOUTH.

Lmao he was like "wow, everyone does those short jumps!"in Skype voicechat. Sucks that he tested his joystick range at 5frames vs me, I was toying as well

Wut? Surri?

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
SURRI HAS A HUGE MOUTH.

KnitePhox showed skills, no doubt - but I want a fair match before you guys start making fun. I'm on now and would love to play a guy frame 5 v 5

B Link

Smash Lord
It's called 5 frames of delay (5 frames) not frame 5. The latter sounds like bowling.

I know what you mean, but still, lol

BryanMicon

Smash Cadet
I, Bryan Micon, of sound mind and 33 year old body do fully admit to this forum and this community's awesomeness at the game of smash.

I am no where near the best in the world, and I cannot believe how good all of you are.

That being said, I am rusty, I am old, but I am going to take some of your advice and start humble and study & play.

I applaud you all for getting smash on the internet. I applaud you all for advancing the art form. I implore you all to use items - they add so much to the game and some of you will get extra nasty with them and all of your Foxes will be reflecting and re-reflecting... it will be amazing.

I'm sure you guys have done this before, but my group had 2 very fun item sets:

1) The "Poke Rumble" or "Raining Balls" or "O.K. Poke-ay Rumble" - All items off except for poke-balls, item frequency high, either the Pokemon board or the small level. Obviously the goal is to "Control the Spice"

2) Standard Set, or "Bloomington Rules" stock 4 / item frequency "high" / all items on except: maxim tomato, star, heart, hammer

I'm making game now on Galaxy

Battlecow

Play to Win
That made me lol for some reason

I thought cowhustlin' was gonna happen. Disappointment x2
sorry to disappoint

it's really, really hard to do it online. They have to have paypal, they have to have faith that I'll pay, they have to know how to do online correcetly but still have NEVER played competitively before... console's where it's at for the true hustla.

Bryan I'll five-frame MM you if you truly still believe you're the best in the world

you don't, though.

kys

Smash Ace
Got to play Bryan Micon for a few minutes just now before it lagged out. GGS.

Keep up the good attitude. You're going to get pounded a lot before you get better (if you stick with it). I'm a very average player and the top players can do to me what I did to you.

lol @ the painter comment. That cracked me up.

Try not to roll as much. It's predictable and punishable. Also, learn to sweetspot the ledge with your recovery when you're Mario.

Top Bottom