• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser Lock Them At 14% *Update I Discovered How To Laser Lock Them At 0%*

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
There is a another move that can get your opponent in laser lock as earlier as 14% and it works on most characters. it is falcos over b! here is a vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8YalLGX2w0

major **update**
it is possible to laser lock at 0% and it involves the same move as above but jump and hit them with a mid air over b (aka Immediate Aerial Phantasm to some) which will knock them up into the tumbling animation and they will bounce off the ground into a laser lock at 0% ZERO percent!!!

Someone7

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't say completely useless. At least it is good to know if you hit them with it and they let themselves hit the floor (for whatever reason). Also, is 14% the absolute minimum, or can it be down even lower, so they don't bounce quite as high?

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I wouldn't say completely useless. At least it is good to know if you hit them with it and they let themselves hit the floor (for whatever reason). Also, is 14% the absolute minimum, or can it be down even lower, so they don't bounce quite as high?
this is the lowest possible i have found 13% may do it but 14 is the magic number for most characters,
as it stands, it looks escapable by jumping anyways.
remember guys all current laser lock setups are escapable.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
LL killer: Teching

And Its not effective to do that unless you do immediate air phantasm and somehow can quickly AF(about face) Laser in an instant

J4pu

Smash Champion
If they are slightly aboving the ground (ie jumping) will this knock them off their feet into the ground and create a better option and if so, is rolling out/standing up something that would seem even more likely in the given time frame than jumping from the current bounce

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
update!!! i found a way to do as early as 0%! refer to first post!

D

Deleted member

I'm going to check this out also. It definitely seems plausible to be a combo...

After testing this on a level 9 comp in training mode I am not completely sure if this is a true combo. I'll post some vids shortly if I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4LkeXvByA

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I'm going to check this out also. It definitely seems plausible to be a combo...

After testing this on a level 9 comp in training mode I am not completely sure if this is a true combo. I'll post some vids shortly if I can.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6n4LkeXvByA
you can't do it on level 9s they are programmed to dodge before hitting the ground. it works on level ones and careless humans

D

Deleted member

you can't do it on level 9s they are programmed to dodge before hitting the ground. it works on level ones and careless humans
Okay. Just clarifying that. I think any competent competitive player would air dodge after being hit with the phantasm so I'm not quite sure I really see any uses for this... IAP to Boost Grab is much more efficient, if they shield when they hit the ground.

mooseproduce

Smash Ace
Though i hate Falcos with a passion, nice find.
OH MAN. I played against my first Falco today, and multiple times I had to pause, sit back and take deep breaths etc, and try not to curse the developers out loud. What were they thinking? WHO LET THIS CHARACTER GET BY QUALITY ASSURANCE?

I'm a Ganondorf, so. You know. These things happen from time to time.

Legan

Smash Lord
OH MAN. I played against my first Falco today, and multiple times I had to pause, sit back and take deep breaths etc, and try not to curse the developers out loud. What were they thinking? WHO LET THIS CHARACTER GET BY QUALITY ASSURANCE?

I'm a Ganondorf, so. You know. These things happen from time to time.
I know what you mean, I got taken out by a falco at my first tourney this week that just sat at the opposite side of the stage doing perfect short hopped double lasers. Absolutely nothing i could do and im a Link main. Attack storms got one hell of a falco i got a chance to play him at the tourney as well.

Top Bottom