• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Laser Tech

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Hi i just posted this in the question-answer thread :

I just discovered something with falco lasers, and i dont really know if is an AT or everyone knows already about it, i dont know how to name it but it´s performed like this:

run in one direction ( let´s say right ), short hop, press B and then inmediatly ( and when i mean inmediatly i mean very quick ) press the opposite direction you are facing ( in our case, left ) and leave it pressed.

the result is that you do a reverse laser, but you dont continue with your aerial momentum ( i dont know if that term is well used there xd ), you go the opposite direction you where facing, it´s very strange, you do it and it´s like you where completly reversed , i cant do a video about it if someone thinks it´s interesting then film it!

EDIT: ok the laser thing it´s already been known
Yeaaaaaah, this is srated in the guide. It's cool though. I know where you're coming from.... Just ask Jp4u. -_-

J4pu

Smash Champion
Yeaaaaaah, this is srated in the guide. It's cool though. I know where you're coming from.... Just ask Jp4u. -_-
If you are referring to me joking about the name for the non FF spike, I think you should go to that thread, check to see that I didn't edit it, then highlight the bottom line and see if you see any hidden messages

if you are referring to something else, carry on as you were.

@zagoon GJ on not making a new thread, I like you already.

saviorslegacy

If you are referring to me joking about the name for the non FF spike, I think you should go to that thread, check to see that I didn't edit it, then highlight the bottom line and see if you see any hidden messages

if you are referring to something else, carry on as you were.

@zagoon GJ on not making a new thread, I like you already.
No, I was refering to my many blunders. Like making threads on already known info. :/

saviorslegacy

lol, I didn't even know Falco's lasers where so wacky in reguards to damage.

I lol'd so hard today. I was at GameStop ready the SSBB guide. What a worthless little book. It said Falco's laser is not that good. :/ It said it's a weak projectile only to be shot from far away. -_- It also said his game should be around his Dair spike. I don't know about you, but my game is all about lasers, CG and strings. I Dair when I can.

Nybb

Smash Journeyman
#5 Stale Moves and Laser Damage: Falco seems to have a very strange projectile. The damages are set and he does suffer from stale moves... just wierdly. Here is a list of how much each conecting shot takes off.

#1 3%
#2 2%
#3 3%
#4 2%
#5 2%
#6 2%
#7 1%
#8 2%
#9 1%
#10 2%
#11 1%
#12 2%
lol, I didn't even know Falco's lasers where so wacky in reguards to damage.
For the record, this is because the game deals with real numbers (decimal values) for percents, not just integers (whole numbers). You just don't get to see them on the damage displays as it will truncate the decimal values.

Your damage data is handily explained by the theory that the lasers start off doing 3%, then slowly decay down to 1.5%.

The more you know ;)

Denzi

Smash Master
I lol'd so hard today. I was at GameStop ready the SSBB guide. What a worthless little book. It said Falco's laser is not that good. :/ It said it's a weak projectile only to be shot from far away. -_- It also said his game should be around his Dair spike. I don't know about you, but my game is all about lasers, CG and strings. I Dair when I can.
It also said that Metaknight is a middle ground character who isn't all that great. The official guides are full of lies, don't believe a word they say.

saviorslegacy

It also said that Metaknight is a middle ground character who isn't all that great. The official guides are full of lies, don't believe a word they say.
lol I know. I mean it said MK is a deffensive character and he isn't much at offense. XD

To Nybb: I had heard of this but didn't realise what was going on. However, even though his lasers may do 1.5. His lasers are still wackey... at some parts it's 2 2 2 or 1 1 1 and then back to the pattern.

saviorslegacy

Laser use for Mind Games

lol Jp4u is gonna be up set now. xD

What uses do lasers have as far as MG? I mean we all know that SHL and SHDL is a good way to force the foe into close quarters, but what else can lasers be used for? So discuss and I'll list the info.

§witch

Smash Lord
Ok, you can't throw around the word 'mindgames'; it's not a set thing. Standing still is a mindgame, everything you do at any point in a match is a mindgame. His lasers aren't mindgames, they're simply a pain in the *** and one of the best ways to approach that falco has.

saviorslegacy

Ok, you can't throw around the word 'mindgames'; it's not a set thing. Standing still is a mindgame, everything you do at any point in a match is a mindgame. His lasers aren't mindgames, they're simply a pain in the *** and one of the best ways to approach that falco has.
-_- You know what I meant. I didn't have anything better to use for the word. -_-

Aw forget it. There's not much more you can do with his lasers. I guess I'll just work on the use of lasers at different stages.

Top Bottom