• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

lasers and shines

alvin224

Smash Cadet
like the title...

Falco... i seriously cannot get away from the SHL and then i get punished with the combos

Fox... i cannot excape the shine to usmash... and just basic shine spike...

mostly i cant get away form the lasers... they just mess me up so much.

what is your opinion?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
well for one don't play on FD v either of those chars. take them to unique stages like DK 64 or Yoshi's Story. poke floats will really ruin both of their games (lazers and shines). pokemon stadium isnt bad bc it changes.

it's all about picking the right stage v these chars. but if you have to play on a big flat stage or a stage they have the advantage on, if they approach with SHL alot just shield grab them if they're up in your grill, and as for waveshining, not much you can do, double smash DI just DI like crazy or be ready for one u go off the ledge, whip a uair dj out real quick.

peace ***

chunga

Smash Rookie
Jump or time shield wavedashes to avoid SHLs. As for Fox's shine, that's up to you. I usually shield the shines until I can find an opening to start up a combo.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
i've got an idea. Don't sheild the shines. that's a bad idea. and no. You can't escape the shine>usmash. **** happens. Especially w/ fox. and FD isn't bad against Fox, he has beastly man combos that kill fox there.

Top Bottom