• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LAST DAY TO VOTE!!! Help a past SWF Administrator WIN $5000 toward Student Loans!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Sorry, I really hope you don't win. Very unfair.
I'm not sure why it's unfair for someone who spent months and years doing free work for this forum to get something back.

Let's say I volunteer at a day care center, helping to take care of lots of little kids. At the end of the summer, when I'm about to stop coming because of school, they give me a box of cookies. Is that unfair to everyone else who walked by the day care and waved at the kids as they were playing in the yard?

I'm not saying your topic should have been closed. If I were a mod, I probably would have left it open. But it's not a double standard for someone who has helped a community a great deal to get something back from that community. Complaining about that is just petty.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Grandeza, F for Fatal, and whoever else feels like whining about this, Zoot asked permission in the Back Room if he can make a PRoom topic-- has anyone else asked for permission? No?

Huh. And you wonder why your threads got closed.

Seriously, unless you know the facts, don't pretend to know them. And yeah, its true, I give preferential treatment to veterans-- because they deserve it. What have you two done to make the forums better?

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Hear that kids? Favoritism's here to stay, deal with it.

Here's that coffee you asked for Mr Heath.

GoldShadow

Marsilea quadrifolia
BRoomer
Goddammit (Mini) Mic, he likes it cream, no sugar, not sugar, no cream. Can't you do anything right?

Also on topic, I have again voted. Zoot, is it possible to see how many votes you've gotten thus far?

So Fatal

Smash Master
I dont care what you say. It's against the rules. I been voting for other people(no help for me, no help for you). sorry and thanks for the infraction its really going to make me cry in my sleep Azua. and for spamming? I stated my opinion, what a joke I hope mlg takes care of these bad mods.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Grandeza, F for Fatal, and whoever else feels like whining about this, Zoot asked permission in the Back Room if he can make a PRoom topic-- has anyone else asked for permission? No?

Huh. And you wonder why your threads got closed.

Seriously, unless you know the facts, don't pretend to know them. And yeah, its true, I give preferential treatment to veterans-- because they deserve it. What have you two done to make the forums better?

You've been a mod a couple of weeks aswell and already giving out preferential treatment

On a serious note, were they really advertising? I agree with Mediocre in that were I in a position of forum authority I would have left it open, but that really was one awful analogy.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
Tbh, if you ask a room mod if it's okay to post a topic - before posting it - and they say it's okay to do so, it's most likely not going to get closed.*

You know why?
Because it shows us you actually made an effort not to clutter the boards up with stuff that either belongs in other rooms or doesn't belong here at all.

If you read the rules and then still can't decide, is it that hard to ask a forum leader?
really???

*exceptions being if it turns into a flamewar and such...

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
I dont care what you say. It's against the rules. I been voting for other people(no help for me, no help for you).
I enjoy the maturity here, especially since Zoot isn't the one who "wronged" you. You're basically taking out your hurt feelings and anger on a random person who can't actually control people favouring him(favouring someone who helped build this site, which you are now using for free).

Also, Sporkman, asking permission in the BRoom is basically the same thing as asking a mod, since pretty much all the mods are in the BRoom.

I don't really enjoy the favouritism either guys, but what's done is done. Obviously the mods are starting to allow these types of threads. The problem in the past could be because we really didn't have anyone modding the boards. CK would just come in and close what looked like spam. Without actually reading, someone asking for votes could be viewed as just another person spamming **** up. This is also why it's good to ask for permission on possible sketchy topics.

Synopsis: BAWWW

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Well...I waited 24 hours before I decided to revote, and I got that same warning...is it that they are very strict and that even a few hours/minutes short of 24 will raise flags, or they just don't want the same person voting anymore...?

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Here is why the Proom cannot have nice things. Zoot was one of the best admins on this site, and you *******s who actually protested this at least deserve him respect. The other topics got closed because they were new members who just simply came here asking for us to give them stuff.

Game over, guys. Thanks for raining on the cake.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'm not going to reopen this topic, as after reading it (which in retrospect was probably a mistake, because now my brain hurts) it's obvious that no actual discussion needs to take place in this topic.

F8tal, I'm sorry your topic got closed. Really, I am. But taking it out on Zoot, who likely had nothing to do with the incident, doesn't seem fair. And it's not just a forum thing, ALL people give preferential treatment to others that they feel deserve it. That's just the way the world works. Why do you think celebrities get off for crimes that would get other people thrown in jail? I mean, they have pictures and videos of plenty of celebrities doing hard drugs, but are any of them prosecuted for it? (I'm not exactly sure of the laws, just making a point)

Zoot's contributions to this site were important and long-lasting, and a lot of people who have come to inherit the day-to-day running of the site remember when he was in charge of us. We respect him, and when he comes to us saying that now he really needs our help, as opposed to the other way around, you aren't going to find a lot of people who are going to be like "Sorry man, but no rules are ever broken at this website, ever. So you'll just have to be in debt the rest of your life."

So instead, I'm Sticking this topic, because that's all it really needs. In the future, charity topics of a similar nature will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis, and this is not a blanket judgement on all charity topics. This is for Zoot, who really needs our help. The thread is being Stuck to remind people to vote once a day, IF YOU ARE SO INCLINED. If you don't know Zoot, or don't feel like helping, then don't check the thread; just move along.

However, this thread will stay Stuck until October 22nd, which is literally a single week, to see if we really can help Zoot out. Once the thing is over, the thread will be unStuck.

*DISCLAIMER* This entire post subject to change without notice due to the intervention of another admin. Otherwise, it stands as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom