• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last Official Best Smash Tournament Ever Run - LOBSTER - Biddeford, Maine - August 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Boxman is recording matches, woo!

Date
Saturday, August 25th

148 Main st Suite 101
Biddeford, ME 04005
(207)-282-3450
maidengames@gmail.com

(Note that Mapquest seems to disagree with this location...you can just type "Maiden Games" in Place Name and find it)

Schedule
10:00 AM: People can start showing up, setting up cubes/TVs, play friendlies, money matches, etc.
Noon: Low Tier Tournament starts
End of Low Tier: Teams Tournament Starts
End of Teams: Food Break
End of Food Break: Singles Tournament Starts

Everything will be finished before 9PM. If there's a large turnout I'll drop Low Tier because it takes too long. While all of this is going on, if players registered for the Maine Rankings Round Robin aren't doing anything, they can play out their games.

Entry Fees/Prize Split
Singles Entry: $10
Teams Entry: $10 per player
Low Tier Entry: $5
And a $3 hosting fee.

Prize Split is 60/30/10 (1st place gets 60% of the pot, 2nd place gets 30%, 3rd place gets 10%)

Food Break
There will be a food break in-between Teams and Singles. There is a Thai place right next door.

Rules
- All tournaments are double-elimination. Losers Bracket finalist needs to win 2 sets against the Winners Bracket Finalist.

- Matches are best out of 3 with Advanced Slob Picks and Dave's Stupid Rule. ALL finals games (This includes losers bracket finals, winners bracket finals, and overall finals) are best of 5.

Advanced Slob Picks:
The first game in a set is double-blind, random stage.

The following applies to any game in a set played after the first:
The loser of the previous game names the stage to be played on, using any stage that isn't banned. The winner of the previous game then chooses his character, and then the loser does the same.

Dave's Stupid Rule:
You cannot counter-pick the last stage that you won on in the current set.

- 4 stock, 8 minutes, no items. Any tie that occurs is settled by comparing stocks remaining. If there is a tie remaining after comparing stock, compare damage %. If a tie remains after comparing stocks and damage %, play out sudden death.

- Stage Striking is allowed. On the first game of the set, both players may temporarily "ban" a stage from the random list (don't actually change the options), and it cannot be played via random.

- Pause Rule: Pause is turned off in teams, to prevent accidental pausing when stock stealing occurs.

- Stage selection:

Singles Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64, Fountain of Dreams, and Pokemon Stadium

Teams Random List: Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Dreamland 64 and Pokemon Stadium.

Stages that are only banned in Singles:: Great Bay (Termina), Mushroom Kingdom II

Stages that are only banned in Teams Only: Fountain of Dreams, Mute City

Stages banned for Singles and Teams: Yoshi’s Island (Pipes), Fourside, Hyrule Temple, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Mushroom Kingdom 1, Venom, Yoshi's Island 64, Peach’s Castle, Onett, and Kongo Jungle (DK Rap)

- In teams, team attack is on, and stealing stock is allowed.

- Characters allowed in the low tier tournament: Link, Luigi, Donkey Kong, Roy, Young Link
Pikachu, Yoshi, Zelda (no Sheik), Mr. Game and Watch, Ness, Bowser, Kirby, Pichu, and Mewtwo

- Players may have a coach that can give advice to a player for one minute in-between games. As soon as the stage is declared, the coach may not be consulted until after the game finishes.

- Glitches that freeze a character, freeze the game, or simply make the game unable to finish are banned and using them will result in losing the entire set. For example, Ice Climbers Freeze Glitch.

- Wallbombing and Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery. Wobbles Infinite is allowed. Stalling a game with any of these tactics will result in a loss of the entire set.

- Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

- Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer. Failure to comply can also result in disqualification.

- Bring your own controller

- Refrain from using profanity, fights are to be taken outside, and just try to make the tournament enjoyable for others.

- Money Matches and friendlies: Keep in mind tournament games take priority over you. Try to get them out of the way during warm-up time.

- Mages DQ Rule (I'm not a Mage, but it's a great rule)
The Mages DQ Rule is applicable when a player is late for a match and it goes as follows:
2 Minutes Late – Warning
4 Minutes Late – Loss of first match of set
6 Minutes Late – Loss of set

Competitive Rankings All-out Battle - CRAB Battle!:
Don't forget, if you're a Maine player who isn't ranked by the current New England list, you can add yourself to the Maine power rankings by participating in the round robin suggested by Boxman. While I disagree with the accuracy of such a tournament, everyone who's able to participate in it seems to be up for it, so be sure to post if you're interested. I'll try to run this alongside Teams and Singles (doing this is probably going to be a disaster), so be sure you at least show up during Low Tier so you can register. It's free.

Rules for round robin: I'm using tio tournament maker to run it (nealdt is made of win, awesome, and more win), which ranks people according to how many sets you win, and breaks ties by how many individual games you win (Meaning, don't forget to report to me if the set was 2-0 or 2-1).

-Darc-

Heir to the Monado
I don't know if I can make it all the way up to Maine.

I guess I could pull some strings.

Cort

Apple Head
Last Official is lame.

Legends of was so much more epic

I might come, as usual

but probably won't

xHayatox

Smash Lord
sounds like fun :) ionno if i can make it due to work conflicts but ill see what i can pull out. hopefully it wont be like last time :D kit so goot

Skler

Smash Master
If Schweppes is absent can somebody bring a can of Schweppes to the tournament? It's almost as good as the real thing.

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
"Stage Striking is allowed. On the first game of the set, both players may temporarily "ban" a stage from the random list (don't actually change the options), and it cannot be played in the set."

are you sure????????

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Aiser better go!

Senor Beard said:
"Stage Striking is allowed. On the first game of the set, both players may temporarily "ban" a stage from the random list (don't actually change the options), and it cannot be played in the set."

are you sure????????
What was the consensus last time? I forgot >_>

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
wtf this was on the 2nd page. bump lol.
Since pools was so good at the thing yesterday we should do pools at this. only just 1 pool. 1 big pool. top 6 advance. into another pool. then we all drink till we pass out. in a pool.

Skler

Smash Master
Cog smooch has good ideas. We do usually have a high setup to player ratio. We should do pools to make everybody go, it'd be awesome.

WaveShiner X

Smash Apprentice
***** **** motha **** i can't **** a girl in the *** because i ****ing **** **** **** motha ***** **** ***** ****er **** ***** i **** ladies **** why **** **** **** **** **** **** fukc cort does ***gotrie **** ladies in the ****ing *** ****

Schweppes

Smash Ace
NEWSFLASH: I'll be able to come later on around 6 or so, too late to sign up for singles but enough time to take part in the CRAB BATTLE. **** yes.

Also ******************************.

Questor96

Smash Journeyman
I might go to this, if someone from MA is driving up and is willing to take me.

Although this trip would be wasting precious monies.

Elen

Smash Lord
I'm going if I can make rides happen. If I go though, we need to actually go eat lobsters :O I might bring some random people, like some Korean guy who used to be a DJ.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
i would like pools .... but not jus one pool that will only advance top 6

because i know there will be more then 6 better then me

and i wanna advance at least from pools

we should 6 pools top 4 advance

skler im off from work wednesday and thursday if u wanna meet up and play

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
im goin to hayato's tourney
so are two of my crew members
i'll **** you there:uzi:
I think I'll be able to make it to that, I'm in CT that week and Spawn (from CT) offered a ride to it.

Even if that last line is true, you'll still be Bakuraaaaaaa forever in my heart. >_>

EDIT: holy **** Derek, there's an edit button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom