• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

LasT Smash 3 - 5/30 - (Final pools- check 2nd post!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
i am 90% sure i am coming to this.

im from AL BABY!!!

and i aint bringing no dman tv's or ****

:D

Bomber7

Smash Hero
This is going to be fun. 3 PT's to kick some butt. Zig and Reflex, you guys are so on. This is going to be a freaking awesome tournament.

-Ran

Smash Master
Rumor has it LAST is what's hot on the street. (A cookie goes to those who know this reference.)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Rumor has it LAST is what's hot on the street. (A cookie goes to those who know this reference.)
All I can think of is--

"Doing your taxes? Is that what's hot on the streets right now, your taxes?"

But...

Name: Luis Torres
Nickname: TheReflexWonder
Area: Phenix City, AL/Columbus, GA
Equipment (if any): Probably not. Maybe a Wii/Brawl.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Well, the executive producer still has yet to get back to me, so I'm just gonna go ahead and preregister. Should I hear something, I'll drop my name, but it's looking more and more likely like I'll be coming to LasT.

Name: Chris
Nickname: Zigsta
Area: Austin, TX/Slidell, LA
Equipment (if any): none

I will likely also be bringing 3-6 people.

-Ran

Smash Master
I bet you LAST is going to top 100 people. With Reflex and Kismet coming from Florida, more of Texas is going to pile in to test their skills.

LAST is going to be epic.

Maybe we can get some [draft] crew action going?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
this may well turn into a two day tournament. We have plenty of people preregistered not to mention some of them are bringing at least 5 people with them.

Curlz

Smash Lord
A two day tournament will completely screw me and Mychal over. He's only shceduling off work for one day to come to LasT and he is my ride.

theONEjanitor

Smash Champion
NNID
the1janitor
if this tournament turns into two day, many AL people will not come. we're expecting to bring a handful of ppl, many of which have plans for sunday

also if we do crews, i would like to crew up with my AL ppl that would be beast

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
if this tournament turns into two day, many AL people will not come. we're expecting to bring a handful of ppl, many of which have plans for sunday

also if we do crews, i would like to crew up with my AL ppl that would be beast
Don't listen to those *******s. It'll be one day. We're LA, we're awesome, we'll figure it out.

-Ran

Smash Master
Yea, don't listen to the random people. We'll be able to run this in one day. I doubt that Randall is going to change it to two days. I will say however, that for this to work it's best we certainly need to surpass the goal of 20 set ups.

iceman48

Smash Journeyman
Yea, don't listen to the random people. We'll be able to run this in one day. I doubt that Randall is going to change it to two days. I will say however, that for this to work it's best we certainly need to surpass the goal of 20 set ups.
Naw, you worry too much. Back in the early stages of the GW tournys (when they were still in the mall), we had like 40 people on 3 setups. It's cuz we were awesome more than anything.

Pritch

Smash Lord
It's cuz it was melee more than anything. Brawl takes waaaaay longer. Probably want to listen to the man saying bring setups.

(note I'm not trying to flame either game, just stating the facts)

Curlz

Smash Lord
If push comes to shove to where I'll need to a bring a TV I might be able to swing one or two. Mychal said he might be able to bring one too if people don't mind playing in HD. I'm not completely sure on this so I don't recommend taking my word for it.

I'll let you know when I have a for sure answer.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
yeah don't listen to random people.

I'm not looking forward to a two day event. One day is enough for me.

Hawks go Caw

Smash Ace
2 day is too much. That's not happening though.

I guess put me down for a TV too then Randall since we're going to be having this many people, so I'll be bringing a full setup.

Crews would be fun, but singles/teams should get priority. LA crew would be monstrous though.

For those of you who are bringing people along, remember to pre-register them or else they're going to be put in the random's bracket where Randall says only like 4 out of 20 will advance.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Crews are groups of people (generally 5 or more) that play other crews. It's usually one city against another, unless its draft, then the captain picks who they want or its random. You play till you lose all three of your stocks, no matter how many people on the other team you go through. If you lose a stock but still beat the other person, you start the next round with the new person with one/two less stock depending on how many you've lost. If you lose all three, the next person in your group comes up and plays whoever you were playing when you lost. Go until you run outta players and whoever that is loses. :)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
For future reference, my older brother is coming--

Name: Rafael Torres
Nickname: elev8
Equipment: Nah.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Name: William Brandofino
Nickname: Will_
Area: Huntsville, AL
Equipment: Nintendo 64 and Pokemon Puzzle League

I also have a full brawl setup if it looks like we'll need it.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I thought about two-day already, but it'd cut attendance by too much. It's one day.

My solution to horrible time problems will probably be to advance fewer people from pools and to give people losses for being late much sooner than I would otherwise. We have the venue from 11:00am-12:00am, so there should be enough time. Thirty minutes to an hour to setup/ register for teams/ check in and pay for singles. Teams will be first, maybe 3-4 hours, with pools starting almost immediately afterwards. I'll then seed the bracket based SOLELY upon pool placement, and we'll run that.

We're still a few setups short of 20, so please help if you can. We can only use CRT TVs. Otherwise we'll have lag problems. Thanks!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Wrong.

PPL MMs anyone? I'll be dressed up as a black guy and going by the name Vaughn for all my PPL MMs though. :x
Totally.

$5, best three out of five (I guess that's standard in-game)?

DIBS ON BROCK

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Oh man, it's been a loooong time since I played Puzzle League.

Everyone who plays Pokemon should totally bring their DS. Pokemon side-tournament, anyone?

Lompta

Smash Rookie
LasT 3 Preregistration

Name: Justis Mills
Nickname: Eight
Area: Tallanasty, Florida
Equipment (if any): 1 Wii, 2 Brawls, if necessary. Just let me know what you need.

Edabite

Smash Rookie
LasT 3 Preregistration

Name: Joseph Kidder
Nickname: Edabite
Area: Tallanasty, Florida

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
Awesome. I'm really glad to see that you're gonna come.

As a general rule, I need all the equipment that I can get. I think we're currently sitting on ~16 TVs and ~20 Wiis/Brawl, maybe a bit less, so things are looking good. More setups are ALWAYS welcome.

Also,

IF YOU WANT HOUSING, POST HERE REQUESTING IT

Thanks! I wanna make sure everyone is taken care of for this.

Will_

Smash Journeyman
Totally.

$5, best three out of five (I guess that's standard in-game)?

DIBS ON BROCK
Dibs on KOGA, scream at me.

"Do you choose to battle me?"

Although I'm probably just gonna pick Erika or Lorelei cause they're girls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom