• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last stock...

Voxx

Smash Apprentice
[Your on your last stock, by now your opponent knows all of your tricks (Oh so he thinks). He has 1 stock over you, what is your new playing style?]

Being aggresive and smart about it is a key factor of your gameplay, but what do you do when your behind in 1 stock and your opponent starts feelin confident? I know there are tons of situations and other factors to this, but in general

"How do you change your play style? what things do you ONLY do on your last stock?"

{For the sake of an example lets say your fighting falco on FD}

What things do you do differntly from your playing style?

K 2

Smash Lord
I play really aggressive when I'm behind. It shifts the pressure back onto your opponent, who often gets frustrated by losing control of a sure-win match. Depending on the situation, I sometimes go for judgement out of a techchase, rather than a regrab or usmash.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
^^yeah, I punish with hammer, because if it's a choice between getting a few hits+opportunity to do more, and just getting a 9, the nines more worth it when you need to get the advantage back XD

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Do NOT get desperate and loose yourself however. Don't just start throwing out boxes and up smashes. Keep your wits about you, keep smartly racking up damage until a box actually is called for.

cutter

Smash Champion
Judgment is G&W's worst move. It has the speed of a smash, but it has mediocre range, punishable cooldown time, and is unreliable. If you're using Judgment, it immediately telegraphs to your opponent that you're in desparation mode.

ajuice14

Smash Rookie
Judgment is G&W's worst move. It has the speed of a smash, but it has mediocre range, punishable cooldown time, and is unreliable. If you're using Judgment, it immediately telegraphs to your opponent that you're in desparation mode.

wrong

judgement has uses, and i mean seriously, its a 1-7 chance at a free stock.

utlilt is GaWs worst move

St. Viers

Smash Champion
cutter, even if it's his worse move, when your behind, the chance to get a kill instead of racking up damage becomes more important, imo.

PLus, then when you do something more conventional, they won't be expecting it as hard >_>

ArthurD3nt

Smash Rookie
it is the only potential ace in the hole for a GW unless you want to hold back on another useful strat, and should not really be used except once because the first throw a stock guarantees not a one or two

K 2

Smash Lord
I admit judgement sucks. I rarely use it. However, when your down by one full stock, conventional ways often don't work unless your opponent gets cocky and just plain sucks. I wouldn't advise throwing out judgements randomly, but using it when you know it will hit (punishing a missed recovery, punishing a really laggy attack, techchasing with it, etc.) If your opponent is at 30%, you can either hit them with a regular attack (15-20%), or you can hit them with judgement (5-12% ?) with a 14% chance you will instantly KO them. You should stick to smart and safe play until you see an opening in your opponents defences. The key is NOT FORCING a Judgement, but rather finding a natural opportunity to use it and getting lucky.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
utlilt is GaWs worst move
Hit's DDD and Snake and other heavy characters at least 3 times. Utilt is a very good move when you nair frame1 cancel into it.

ftilt is his worst move.

Anyway my strat for last stock is to move around as much as possible and not get hit
frustrate the opponent. you have plenty of time, just dont get impatient

White Out

Smash Apprentice
Judgement sucks

it really depends on who you are playing against if they have you figured out you should have them figured out aswell if you havn't then ur more then behind a single stock they will get confident and won't change thier gameplay half way threw but being behind i will need to do differnt things making their moves predictable and mine not as much

So really if thats the case then adjust acording to whoever is playing you

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Being down a stock isn't so bad. Just do whatever they did to you to them, and then you are even again!

I don't really play "differently" when I'm down a stock other than the part where I can't get away with ledgestalling. I just stop doing whatever got me into this hole and try to work my way out of it through standard fighting. Using Judgment Hammer is basically asking to lose, and if I have some style that's more likely to win than my standard, I would only ask why that style wasn't my standard to begin with. It's not like I am going to intentionally make sucky moves to give myself a hole to dig out of...

EDIT: ftilt is a good move since it's faster than a smash with the range of a smash and decent enough power; don't even try to say it's in the same league as Judgment Hammer.

Cel

Smash Cadet
I've noticed when this happens to me I tend to study my opponents movements much more carefully so i dont jump into anything (which I sometimes have a tendency to do). I also try to use attacks that keep me away from the opponent such as the down tilt. I find judgement leaves me feeling vulnerable so i rarely use it in this situation.

Chuee

Smash Hero
id probably stay a safe distance and space with some bairs and not use a smash unless it will most likely hit them. If it was falco id probably try to get him to fire some lazorz so i can bucket em.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Being down a stock isn't so bad. Just do whatever they did to you to them, and then you are even again!

I don't really play "differently" when I'm down a stock other than the part where I can't get away with ledgestalling. I just stop doing whatever got me into this hole and try to work my way out of it through standard fighting. Using Judgment Hammer is basically asking to lose, and if I have some style that's more likely to win than my standard, I would only ask why that style wasn't my standard to begin with. It's not like I am going to intentionally make sucky moves to give myself a hole to dig out of...

EDIT: ftilt is a good move since it's faster than a smash with the range of a smash and decent enough power; don't even try to say it's in the same league as Judgment Hammer.
You think lot like me, but articulate it like a pro.

<3

Just sayin, especially the first part.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Judgement only has one use. Use it when your opponent is at 20% and if you KNOW you can land it. You have a 1-7 chance of scoring big.

cutter

Smash Champion
lol, a funny thing happened with me with Judgment a long time ago back in a friendly. I hit him with a 2 which induced tripping. I then techchased him into a 9 :3

Top Bottom