• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Last

TP

Smash Master
Ganondorf is last on the new tier list. Despite all the work we have done in the last 6 months, Ganon has moved backwards. Oh, how the mighty has fallen. I don’t care whether you think Ganon deserves last or not. I honestly think he does, but I’m still sad to see it actually happen.

What will the Ganon of 5 years from now be like? I don’t know, but he will be vastly better then what he is now. 5 years of improving his metagame will make him a beast. If the Ganon of 5 years from now were put into today’s tier list, he would probably be mid tier. I can’t say that for sure, but he sure wouldn’t be last. The only thing stopping the future Ganon from being here now is us. If we work hard, we can bring the future of Ganonry here to us quickly, and get out of last place.

We would be lying if we said we have been working our hardest. Z1GMA is always looking for new stuff, and SmashBrosForce is always willing to help whenever something needs testing, but most of you just sit back and watch, or rarely post at all. If we want to accelerate Ganon’s metagame, we need to strengthen our community.

For us to have a stronger community, we need to spend some time improving the Ganon board as a whole. ALL the stickies need to be updated. Someone needs to take over Swoops’ guide and update it. We have NOT done nothing over the last 5 months since it was last updated. I’ll do it myself if I have to, but the point is that we need that guide up to date. Similarly, we need to update the Compact List with new info and videos. Xyro offered to make videos out of our replays, and we should not hesitate to accept.

Most importantly, and I hope updating the stickies will lead to this, we need more Ganons. Nobody really filled the gap when Swoops and DAD left. There are great Ganons (Ijosh, K_Prime, Kosk, SaltyKracka to name a few of many) who never try to help push Ganon farther. We need to all take part in the discussions we have so that we can get as good an understanding of Ganon as possible. The Ganon board needs to be the center of Ganon’s entire metagame. Only by combining the knowledge of every Ganon will we improve Ganon quickly. Let’s spend the next month updating the board and recruiting new members so that we can be the shining heart of darkness we are supposed to be.

And then we can get the **** out of last place.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
All thats left is UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meta Knight
Snake
Wario
Falco
Diddy Kong
King Dedede

Marth
Mr. Game & Watch
Pikachu
Olimar
Ice Climbers
R.O.B.
Kirby

Lucario
Zero Suit Samus
Toon Link
Pit
Donkey Kong

Peach
Luigi
Fox
Wolf
Sonic
Sheik

Bowser
Zelda
Pokémon Trainer
Ike

Lucas
Mario
Ness
Yoshi
Samus

Jigglypuff
Captain Falcon
Link
Ganondorf​

thexsunrosered

Smash Lord
I'm honestly about to turn on snap mode with respect to my ganon knowledge. I honestly think we (the better ganons) can help our metagame as a whole by doing EVERYTHING we can to assist those in the beginer stages. as well as more than Zigma post new discoveries or tips once in a while. In fact, I'm about to make a thread and vid about something myself so we can get better as a community. lets GO

EDIT: we all also need to be like Ijosh -.-

Ant1

Smash Ace
MK should be in his own tier. And ganon need G(od) tier!
I knew of this a couple of days ago but didn't want to tell other the bad news yet.
Sonic has risen quite a bit which is funny. And it seems people have FINALLY realised that Diddy is the easiest character in the game to win with.
Seriously i have barely any experience with diddy, all i need to do is throw some bananas around and i can beat my brothers mains, as he can do vice versa.

At my next tournament i was gonna go all CF as he was last on the tier list. But i guess it's gonna be all ganon again!

salaboB

Smash Champion
I'm honestly about to turn on snap mode with respect to my ganon knowledge. I honestly think we (the better ganons) can help our metagame as a whole by doing EVERYTHING we can to assist those in the beginer stages. as well as more than Zigma post new discoveries or tips once in a while. In fact, I'm about to make a thread and vid about something myself so we can get better as a community. lets GO
You could do something like the Lucario video series (Inner Fire), except on how to play Ganon.

stRIP

Smash Ace
They should've at least done him the courtesy of giving him G tier like in Japan. :/
In Japan Ganondorf is not considered as the worst character of the game anymore

PT is last there and ganon is like...35 or 36

@topic: i knew it. Kalm was right all the time

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Ganon is my second favorite character and I feel he is not the worst in the game. I guess all I can do is contribute a little more to the boards. I'm not that active but I have a good Ganon and know a lot of the finer points of his game. Lol maybe I will rep Ganon in doubles too and on the opponent's CP if I know I could take them with Ganon.

TP

Smash Master
Ganon is my second favorite character and I feel he is not the worst in the game. I guess all I can do is contribute a little more to the boards. I'm not that active but I have a good Ganon and know a lot of the finer points of his game.
Yay, my speech is working. Somebody grab him before he escapes! It won't be easy though, Ganon's grab range is awful.

Seriously, more responses to my speech please. Stuff like "TP, I want to have sex with you after that speech" would be acceptable.

:034:

Smash Hero
Ahh!

Bah, even though I'm usually apathetic to tier list stuff, I'm getting fired up now! TP, count me in! Ganondorf's Army will not fall! We will climb these stairs and go up! Our determination will pierce the heavens, today and to E Tier!

Mostly, I think the video thread is THE place to start with getting new and better Ganons. If people offer to record replays this will both attract newbies, helping them out extensively with their game, and even old players can submit their replays and get them critiqued. I'll be sure to hit up some critique and go back to prime-time testing from now on.

I can also work on a new guide, if you want to. Also, I'll be going back to my hitbox testing, seeing how spacing is the most useful thing for Ganondorf to use.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
yeah man those vids were pro no doubt, but thanks for helping us as well =]
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=234082

BTW Kalm beat you to video guide.

Also I need to redo the Elements of War videos.... too outdated for my liking... :laugh: just need to set up a better way to record on my new tv and actually plan these vids out

Last time I picked a topic and just went on a spool about it.... then edited out most of my mistakes/bloopers/did it twices... lol

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Yay, my speech is working. Somebody grab him before he escapes! It won't be easy though, Ganon's grab range is awful.

Seriously, more responses to my speech please. Stuff like "TP, I want to have sex with you after that speech" would be acceptable.
Lol you could always try the pivot grab. It has good reach and although his dash grab has better reach, there are advantages to having a more disjointed grab like against aerials or the tornado.

/I know my stuff

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
I thought Ganon would drop dead last. Both of my mains are still bottom tier.

TP

Smash Master
Ahh!

Bah, even though I'm usually apathetic to tier list stuff, I'm getting fired up now! TP, count me in! Ganondorf's Army will not fall! We will climb these stairs and go up! Our determination will pierce the heavens, today and to E Tier!

Mostly, I think the video thread is THE place to start with getting new and better Ganons. If people offer to record replays this will both attract newbies, helping them out extensively with their game, and even old players can submit their replays and get them critiqued. I'll be sure to hit up some critique and go back to prime-time testing from now on.

I can also work on a new guide, if you want to. Also, I'll be going back to my hitbox testing, seeing how spacing is the most useful thing for Ganondorf to use.
That's the spirit!

There is no need to write a new guide. Swoops' is good, it just needs some fat updating. PhantomX can give you control of it if you want, and of course you will be free to change it however you want. If Swoops doesn't want that, he can show up and post. ;)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I'm seriously inspired to work on my Ganondorf again.
Good **** @ last on the list, guys.

sasook

Smash Champion
I'll tell you guys right now, the Link mains would gladly take your place as bottom of the entire cast.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
According to this list, I would do better if I dropped Ganon and started maining Falcon.

This is bull****.

This makes me hate my other chars like Zelda even more somehow. I have to **** someone with the Dorf now.

I am seriously pissed off that I have no money, for travelling and tourney-ing and money matching - to even SAY I have the dollar, for $%@& sake. I need a job. But I have no marketable skills.

URG!! So much rage. I should go.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
stfu we have a 100-0 matchup against Sadaharu Inui Logic. We're not the worst yet!

And jesus...I'm starting to feel like using Ganondorf again. Time to **** pplz and stuff.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Below Inui? Even Ganon's not that bad.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
I booted up regular Brawl after not touching it in God knows how long...

Sweet mother of God is Ganondorf awful. It's sad. Props out to you guys that are gonna try to help him out, I can't do it. If you guys need frame data or something I'll help though. Good luck and God speed to the remaining Ganon mains. Truly a sad day for Ganondorf and all Zelda fans. :(

Zerxion

Smash Apprentice
You're right TP, I hardly ever post here and I'll try to be of more help in the future. I can't help it though, I'm a lurker by nature, even if I'm about to post something I don't sometimes.

I have an idea of how the tech thread can be revamped, short demonstrational videos is a great idea. I could make those but I think people would mind it being on a digital camera. Also, there should be some sort of rating out of ten on each tech, to tell it's importance to Ganon, with a short description explaining why; so something like thunderstorming would be 10/10 importance. When I was a new Ganon I was kinda confused by the tech thread since I didn't know which techs had priority over others.

Lastly, this is Ray Kalm when he sees the new tier list.

mariofanpm12

Smash Ace
I say Ganon could probably end up as #33 or #34 with enough work.

If anything, we need more showing in tourneys.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
No matter what, I'm not letting go of Ganondorf as my main. But the tier list makes me want to try even better to be good with him.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
sux I know. Jigglypuff only rose by one. That ain't right. :ohwell:I'm pretty sure Ganon is last because of his poor matchups.

Anyways, if you guys have any replays that need to be uploaded just leave me your friend and wii code on my profile or PM me it and I'll be glad to put it up on Youtube for you.

Gleam

Smash Ace
While a major update is by all means...appropriate, I believe that there is a certain important subject that is of most vital usage.

The Matchups. This seems to be the most important aspect of why Ganon was dropped dead last. If this is the case then this should be looked at first. In fact in some way, shape or form whether we start finding new techniques to use against characters against matchups. Then...we will have to increase our matchup chances against characters. See if we aren't perhaps overestimating our opponents.

See, if those 55:45 disatvantages are actually 50:50 even. Even if we can't get a lot of advantageous matchups, a gooda mount of Evens would do a lot better.

but eh, that's just me.

Top Bottom