• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Late night South Florida Dodgeball

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Gonna be having the return of dodgeball on Saturday night at midnight at Holiday Park in Fort Lauderdale (on Sunrise blvd about 2 miles east of 95) We will meet at the 7-11 across from the hustler store around midnight then head over to the park.

For those that havent been we play in a roller hockey rink in the park, games have been as large as 25 on 25, although 12-15 on each side is much more reasonable. Games usually start at like 12:30am and last as late as 4:30 am, people just play til they get tired and head home. Everyone is free to arrive and leave as late or early as they want.

People come from all over including Miami, Weston, Boynton Beach, so if you are wondering if the drive is worth it, it is. Car pool with friends if youd like, the more the merrier.

If you need anymore info respond to me here, on Aim (sn = xxslynkeexx) or call/text me @ (954)661-5454 chances are I could find someone for you to ride with if need be.

Since this is the first time we've played in a loooong time it would be a HUGE help if anyone could bring a couple balls since we do not have a lot yet, and its sometimes hard to locate the balls. The ones we use are your typical playground balls you played kickball/four square/dodgeball with as a kid

These balls can usually be found for about 3 bucks in the sportings section or toy section of any walmart, target, etc even if you bring one it would be a huge help since most stores dont have a large supply.

Here is a mapquest link to the park, we usually meet at a 7-11 thats a few blocks east on sunrise at like 12, so if you are any later then 12:30 you can probably just go to the park and we will be there.

A lot of people from the smash community used to go which include myself, Sighrax, NBP Mike, NBP Cory, Ryan "Riot" Spark, C-Hill, Tommy Tipper, CloudStrifeX, Doodah, LambChops, Xif, Green Mario, Lex, Limfury, Hat Brothers, Afro thundaaaaaaaa and many more. Sighrax, Sparks, C-Hill and myself are trying to make this return a big turn out so I figured id post this here.

TommyG said he was gonna try to get people to go after his smashfest, the games do get pretty intense but its amazing fun.

Also, Hi hows everyone been? :)

DFEAR

Smash Hero
nobody knows about my catching skills....no gay reference pun included >_>

Linguini

Smash Master
i might go tomorrow, just because i want to see you cats again.

nbp mike is scary as **** when hes on the other team hahah, almost took my nut off with his power throw

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Linguini if you can get some of your smash buddies from ZP or anything to come would be amazing, most of us havent hung out in a while since nexus closing so we all havent really seen each other in a while.

Everyone else if you are interested please come, let me know if you need more info. Feel free to call/text/aim me any time. Or just ask any questions you want answered here, I got lucky and found 5 balls at a walmart by my house, the target had nothing. So have to add those to what Ryan Sparks has from last time we played and the ones that anyone else picked up. Im looking forward to tomrrow, its been a while since we played and its definatly one of the more intense sports ive ever played.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
Oh shi... team dome is back?

Wish I was in SFL now, dodgeball is the business.

everyone in the Palm Beach, Broward, or Miami-dade area should go to this. It's always a kick *** time. I've even gotten my mom's boyfriend to play once, everyone's doing it!

Will the return of dodgeball see the chlamydia ball back in action?

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Xifferella speaks the truth, are you gonna be back in town anytime soon for any holidays? If so you gotta make sure you stop by.

Will the return of dodgeball see the chlamydia ball back in action?
And it would if i could ****ing find one, Im having a hard enough time finding regular balls, went to target they didnt have any and a walmart by my house didnt either, both of those have been recently remodeled tho so all their stuff isnt straight yet. Went to a 2nd walmart and they had 5 so I bought them all lol.

But apparantly whatever walmart C-Hill went to had a ton he said he bought like 10, im hoping they have a good supply so people from up north can get some from there when we need a restocking on em

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
I miss you Michael :(

And to crispy and anyone else that is considering going you may wanna hit me up on your way so you can meet us at the 7-11, it can be a little confusing finding where exactly we play in the park if youve never been because its kind of big.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
well hope to see you in decemeber then xif. This is going on tonight in a little about 7 hours so anyone whos thinking about coming make plans with your friends to get there, its gonna be fun.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
was busy trying to find a job this past few days so havent had a chance to talk to people, so dont know if we are gonna be having it the 14th or not, BUT definatly gonna make a push to play next saturday the 21st.

We used to play every saturday, would like to do that again, but if not every other saturday might be better if it means bigger turn outs.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
yeah, just standard play ground balls, thats what we use and whats in the dodgeball movie too. Most people refer to them as "kick balls" same **** you played four square with.

Ok gonna be playing this saturday, gonna start meeting up around midnight, same stuff from the first post still applies, lemme know if interested.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
yeah, just standard play ground balls, thats what we use and whats in the dodgeball movie too. Most people refer to them as "kick balls" same **** you played four square with.

Ok gonna be playing this saturday, gonna start meeting up around midnight, same stuff from the first post still applies, lemme know if interested.
=( dollar tournament at 10:30 saturday, hopin you were gonna go to that since kye is goin most likely

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
tomorrow night have some people come from ZP if you guys are done/bored around 1am ish, still will have plenty of time to get some games in.

This is still on for tomorrow, trying to get new people so we have a good turn out, so if you are interested please come attend, we always are welcoming new faces.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
I actually lost kyles number when I lost my phone, Ill try to get in touch with him if I can. Only about 6 hours til we head out to play so ill look for him on AIM or see if Mike has his number

Pi

Smash Hero
too far ><
sounds so much fun
I def will try to get down there for at least 1 some time after I get my license/car

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
I know C.Hill will be there holdin it down. Dude everyone on FFXI uses what is this i dont even now too ****s everywhere where did that start!?

Starting next weekend people will be coming home for like a 3-4weeks due to the holidays so more people need to come and get practice so they dont look like scrubs in front of green mario in 2 weeks!

C. Hill

Smash Rookie
Good ****, guys, hope you two make it out there. Everyone's more than welcome to come, despite our tendency to blow faces off occasionally we really are a very welcoming bunch. :3

Man, would be really nice to get a lot of the smashers back who used to come, i.e. Kyle, Xif, Linguini, Doodah, 1-up, Bean, Siggity-Sighrax, NBPs, etc. If any of you are still reading these boards, come on out. :(

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Good ****, guys, hope you two make it out there. Everyone's more than welcome to come, despite our tendency to blow faces off occasionally we really are a very welcoming bunch. :3

Man, would be really nice to get a lot of the smashers back who used to come, i.e. Kyle, Xif, Linguini, Doodah, 1-up, Bean, Siggity-Sighrax, NBPs, etc. If any of you are still reading these boards, come on out. :(
are you an old smasher too?

Top Bottom