• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Late night South Florida Dodgeball

C. Hill

Smash Rookie
Eh I guess, I played for about 6-7 months in 2006, mostly with Nexus crew at the time (Sly, Riot, Sighrax, etc). Never really got up to their caliber though, or took the game as far as I guess I would have liked. I basically just played Jiggs and tried to out-cheese people, lol.

I mostly just come to smash boards to talk about dodgeball and guilty gear, and occasionally to e-stalk Afro.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Thanks man. I found out that my dad isn't on call tonight so I can use my car.

Has it rained where we play? It's raining hard where I live.
I live like 5 mins from dodgeball and its been like a shower for about 5 mins, but the court drys out really fast so as long as its not pouring at like 11pm we will be good.

What time and same place as in the OP?
details in the first post are all still accurate, gonna start meeting up at 7-11 around midnight, call/text me (954)661-5454 or aim me sn = xxslynkeexx (ims get forwarded to my phone) if anyone needs any more info or you get lost. Ill respond to Sly or Justin when I answer either works.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
i live like 5 mins north of dodgeball and it hasnt rained for about 3 hours, its nice and dry out. Not to mention the surface of the dodgeball court dies really fast, even if there is a puddle some where on it, it will dry within a game or two once people are running around.

Dodgeball is still on, ill post if it starts down pouring at like 11 or something, but like I said im 5 mins north of the park and the pavement out front here is dry.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
some people bailed last minute but still had some good *** games, next week turn out should be good since people start comin home for the holidays.

Crispy owned for his first night, just warm up your arm next time gotta throw a ball like 50 times lightly and you should be fine the next day. Its cuz you are throwing something that doesnt weigh anything as hard as you can haha

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Yes I need to grow up because I made a joke. Thanks I didnt know soccer was played nationally this whole time I thought the world cup was people playing dodgeball with their feet.

Come out one night, after your face gets blown off tell me its not a mans sport :)

Time to get a sense of humor hmm?

Ballistics

Smash Champion
Yes I need to grow up because I made a joke. Thanks I didnt know soccer was played nationally this whole time I thought the world cup was people playing dodgeball with their feet.

Come out one night, after your face gets blown off tell me its not a mans sport :)

Time to get a sense of humor hmm?
lolol you got me, no i seriously can't wait to get owned tho i suck at dodgeball, and i wanna get good so i can show kyle my sexy moves

SlYNKEE COME TO ZP TOMORROW NIGHT two dollar tournament son! kye is thinking about going as we speak lol

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
uhhh ill have to see whats up, dunno if I have plans with the gf yet or not, shes been super busy with work and class these past 2 weeks so dont wanna blow her off if she doesnt have class.

And dont worry about thinking you wont do well, the more you go the better you get, thats the case with everyone, i will admit crispy was really good for his first night, a lot better then most people by a long shot.

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
uhhh ill have to see whats up, dunno if I have plans with the gf yet or not, shes been super busy with work and class these past 2 weeks so dont wanna blow her off if she doesnt have class.

And dont worry about thinking you wont do well, the more you go the better you get, thats the case with everyone, i will admit crispy was really good for his first night, a lot better then most people by a long shot.
Thank you. I've been playing dodgeball my whole life. Hopefully I would be ok at it haha.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
most people that come out are like I havent played this since grade school, then you will get like baseball players who are like I play sports Im gonna destroy all of you and go home without a face later that night haha. Its just so much fun like ive never laughed so much in a sport and its pretty physically demanding too.

Linguini

Smash Master
im really gonna try to make it this sat.
my pops is having a birthday dinner for his bday but since this is late hopefully i can hit it up with feekster.
you know how i play sly haha, like a thief lol

**** i gotta wake up in 4 hours

Ballistics

Smash Champion

wooorrrdd women > smash but i hope you can still make it out justin!

crispyone

Smash Journeyman
my pops is having a birthday dinner for his bday but since this is late hopefully i can hit it up with feekster.
you know how i play sly haha, like a thief lol

**** i gotta wake up in 4 hours
I'm not sure if I can make it out this weekend. I'm going up to Gainesville on Friday for my sister's graduation then coming back down saturday for a Christmas party. If the party ends before this, I'll head out to this.

Emilio, I'll text you if I can go to this.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
tampa? thats a pretty serious drive lol, you definatly wouldnt be getting home until like 8 am.

Just so everyone knows we are playing every saturday for the next few weeks since so many people are coming home for the holidays and between semesters in class. So this saturday we will all start meeting up at the 7-11 at midnight for whoever is interested.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Im holding you to this, dodgeball is in like 6 hours so get at me on aim or on my cell if you need more info, or catch a ride with someone else that is going. Gonna be a nice *** night to play, as in not hot as balls for once. We are hopefully expecting a good turn out tonight so anyone who is thinking about coming better make an effort tonight!

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
be on the other team next time then. And ryan sparks did kind of blow your face off lol. Just gotta pay attention to everything, lot of **** happens and happens fast. Everyone gets better the more they go.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
glad to see almost losing your face didnt scare you away haha. Next time you come feel free to bring friends, we will be out there again this saturday.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
i cant come saturday since im goin to orlando for a tourny,but any saturday ur doin in and im in town, im down. i had friends that wanted to come, but i didn't feel comfortable since it was my first time, i didn't want u guys to get mad or anything...

and im talkin like, none smashing friends lol

keep me in touch on aim, since this is basically just a convo between u and me. i think u know my s/n.

Top Bottom