• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Rizen

Smash Legend
?

Competitive smashbros is very stressful and I play worse. Plus Link has to work (at least) 10x harder to win than most characters. Players like Scabe who place well are awesome. My best is winning one tourney set which happened twice. My region has no chance of competing with big smash scenes like the coasts. The regional thread is currently titled lolorado because our scene is so weak. From now on I'm just playing for fun. I wouldn't hold it against anyone who wants to quit competitive Brawl.

PS
Don't use that avatar.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Hey guys, I just wanna throw a suggestion out here: rename the thread name to "Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge (social)"! More L's make me feel all tingly inside. :bee:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
So I finally got to play Ryanarius (the guy who cleaned up at tournies around the southeast as Pit). He said he was a little rusty and hadn't played in a while, but we played several matches. It was a ton of fun, and I was happy with how well I did too. He outplayed me but I was holding my own for sure, and won a good number of the matches we played (I even got a jablock on him too). I'm really thinking I have a shot at doing pretty well if I go to a tourney, haha. Although I was kinda sad that I did better as Oldmanondorf than Link.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Good work.
Lol @ Scabe's picture:laugh:.

I was able to record a few wifi matches that aren't bad. Those tourney ones I seriously choked. Once they're uploaded I'll post them.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Alright, here we go. Got some new pokeymanz. There's good ol' raepface, then there's Rabies the Ratatta, Stoner the Geodude, and Zaxby the Spearow.

This is almost worth it just to draw ridiculous pictures of the pokeymanz I catch, hahaha.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828

The new upgraded team. You can click it for a bigger picture; it was too big and was messing up the forum. Rabies got super-murdered; Magnitude level 10, Critical hit. Magnitude 10 has 150 attack power, 50% stronger than Earthquake. Poor little guy didn't stand a chance :(

Spike, a Nidoran female, is the Pokemon in the computer (well, her and like 5 Rattatas, haha). I was a lucky SOB on that Pinsir.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
His last time coming on the forum was almost a month ago, mods should be way more active than that, Sorry Zeus I gotta be honest.

Huggles...I love what your going, please keep doing this I love the pokemon. :grin:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, both of those last two kills were pretty nice Rizen. Although I could actually feel the lag on that match. Dang.

I knew ToZ wasn't around here so much, but I didn't realize he wasn't really active at all anymore. I thought he hung out around the Marth boards a lot :(

And thanks, guys, on the drawings, haha. It's actually surprisingly quick to make them, about 5 minutes. I'm not sure if I like Oddish or Pinsir better, but they're my two favorite, haha.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Just a general question about Moderation: How come there are a lot more Mods than actually needed or many who simply lurk?

Not trying to be offensive or anything, just being a curious little kid. :\

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Just a general question about Moderation: How come there are a lot more Mods than actually needed or many who simply lurk?

Not trying to be offensive or anything, just being a curious little kid. :\
The more mods the cleaner (less spam/flaming/trolling) the boards get and less of a workload for everyone.

They use to have like 4 moderators (TheBuzzSaw, Youko, Hylian, SamuraiPanda, all pretty inactive now) actively moderating every character board. There's like 27 characters (I can't believe I don't even know) for Brawl, so that's a lot of work for them to do.

When you give each board a moderator who can focus a lot more solely on just the board, they end up doing a better job than the big 4 imo.

As for the lurking, you can't really predict if a mod will turn into a lurker. They saw that Link boards needed a mod and they went for a risk and picked Zeus and myself even though both of us weren't the greatest choices since we knew nothing about being a moderator. I'm surprised they picked me because I mostly spam. :p They should have gone with Red Ryu ;)

I occasionally lurk when I'm busy/lazy. Not saying that's a good thing but I'm sure it happens to some of us and hence why some mods lurk. Moderators also have lives, and sometimes that gets in the way.

I hope I answered your question. :awesome:

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
The more mods the cleaner (less spam/flaming/trolling) the boards get and less of a workload for everyone.

They use to have like 4 moderators (TheBuzzSaw, Youko, Hylian, SamuraiPanda, all pretty inactive now) actively moderating every character board. There's like 27 characters (I can't believe I don't even know) for Brawl, so that's a lot of work for them to do.

When you give each board a moderator who can focus a lot more solely on just the board, they end up doing a better job than the big 4 imo.

As for the lurking, you can't really predict if a mod will turn into a lurker. They saw that Link boards needed a mod and they went for a risk and picked Zeus and myself even though both of us weren't the greatest choices since we knew nothing about being a moderator. I'm surprised they picked me because I mostly spam. :p They should have gone with Red Ryu ;)

I occasionally lurk when I'm busy/lazy. Not saying that's a good thing but I'm sure it happens to some of us and hence why some mods lurk. Moderators also have lives, and sometimes that gets in the way.

Yeah I was wondering that since I see you+four other guys for the Moderators of this room. Especially since you're the only active Mod here.

Thanks!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

I think part of it was the fact Thunder was hear longer and you are more level headed than I am.

Just look at my yelling at A2ZOMG recently about Bowser vs Link.

I'm also a bit immature, I can be mature but I cop out a lot to silly stuff.

Still we got some mods, which really was the main thing I was happy we got, not going to lie I did want to become a mod, but really in the end, the Link boards just getting a mod was the more important thing than me doing something I wanted to do.

Either way you've done a very good job being our active mod Scabe. :link2:

Top Bottom