• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I really liked that Link. He moved around really quickly and I liked how easily he was pulling off several things. I thought some of his projectile use could use some work and thought he was a tad too aggressive with fair out of short hop, but really nice. So, basically everything Legan just said :awesome:

I placed 17th\ out of 79 but only went link once in pools against a decent player and once in bracket against player1's diddy, I gottem down to last stock mid percents but he turned the camp on and played hit confirm diddy and I knew I was screwed. :phone:
LEGAN I'LL AVENGE YOU I'M GOING TO A TOURNAMENT P1 IS HOSTING THIS SATURDAY (well, probably anyway. There's also a good chance I'll be going to a super sexy DDR party the same weekend, I just don't know if it'll be at the same time as the tourney :awesome:).

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
P1 is pretty good, and hard. O_O
Woah now Ryu.

Haha, yeah, P1 is a really good player. He's been at several of the tourneys I've been to and I've seen him play before, tho I have yet to play him iirc. P1 and dat rainbow cruise:awesome:

Perhaps it'd be more accurate to say I'll TRY to avenge legan

:phone:

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Hai guys~
Umm...was lurking around in SWF and I saw this thread. I'm fairly new, and I just wanted to say hi xD I've been maining Link for a while, but never played competitively until recently. Anyone wanna fll me in on Link stuff? O_o

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
Hai guys~
Umm...was lurking around in SWF and I saw this thread. I'm fairly new, and I just wanted to say hi xD I've been maining Link for a while, but never played competitively until recently. Anyone wanna fll me in on Link stuff? O_o
If you are starting to main Link as a serious character, know his bad matchups.

He's a character that relies on his projectiles, especially his bombs. Space with Zair whenever you can and avoid spamming grabs.
You also need to know which moves come out fast and which moves are reliable. Just make sure you have good spacing overall.

That's all I can pretty much say. Rizen can probably help you out better than I can though. lol

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
If you are starting to main Link as a serious character, know his bad matchups.

He's a character that relies on his projectiles, especially his bombs. Space with Zair whenever you can and avoid spamming grabs.
You also need to know which moves come out fast and which moves are reliable. Just make sure you have good spacing overall.

That's all I can pretty much say. Rizen can probably help you out better than I can though. lol
Oh yea, I know he's a projectile kinda guy :3 I've been looking thru the AT's and stuff...i get most of it. I just don't know what's recent n stuff, that's all D:

_Saint_

Smash Apprentice
Don't play like me... I tend to play to aggressive and get my Link right up in my opponents face. This is bad because not only do they smack you, but they will combo you off of the edge and gimp you. Especially when you're chasing your opponent everywhere and getting too close to the sides of the stage.

My advice: Stay away from the edges and keep yourself on the ground as much as possible. (Not saying you shouldn't do any short hop aerials or anything with fast falls... just don't be floating around up in the sky or you are just asking to get slapped in the face...)

Haha I need to work on that stuff myself... I just get bored of being defensive and spacing. Sometimes I get punished badly, and sometimes people don't know what to do with me... After playing with Lord Xavier I've started to learn from how he keeps his space. He has projectiles flying out of every part of his body.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
This Zelda player loves your Link Irisz<3 You really surprised me when we played.

My advice to you is to mix things up because things start getting predictable! Like after the first game, my Zelda started to know what to expect from you and take advantage of that fact!

We should do Peach vs. Link next time?

:peach: <3 :peach: <3

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
^ Never heard of it... What is it?
Skullgirls is a fighting game that mixes elements from Marvel vs Capcom and Street Fighter. Not only that but it has a pretty decent learning curve that won't cause you to struggle from learning your character effectively. Combos are kinda like MvC3 however loops can be broken out of, WHICH IS FRIGGIN AMAZING.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZVPKU3IyG4

There's a link to the Story Mode Trailer.

Aaaaand here's some gameplay.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wD6l8NNmRlo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kum1Z78mgzI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ryxx8iIf3A

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
This Zelda player loves your Link Irisz<3 You really surprised me when we played.

My advice to you is to mix things up because things start getting predictable! Like after the first game, my Zelda started to know what to expect from you and take advantage of that fact!

We should do Peach vs. Link next time?

:peach: <3 :peach: <3
Oh really? Thanks :DDD So ur the dude I played back there...xD
Yea I figured as soon as we rematched and you got me twice :3 But it's good that I surprised you I guess? Tell me what you like about my Link tho O_o

And bout that Peach on Link action...I hate Peach but maybeh ;)

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Don't let her walk all over you.

If you post replays in the video thread I'll critique some of them. Also our Q&A thread is for Link, brawl or MU questions.

_Saint_

Smash Apprentice
Yo Rizen... if I sent you some replays could you record them for me? I wouldn't send you like millions just a few here and there maybe... right now I only have one saved really lol

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
^Don't let her walk all over you.

If you post replays in the video thread I'll critique some of them. Also our Q&A thread is for Link, brawl or MU questions.
I vill see if I can :D But I hate playing Link over wifi =.=" Lag SDs all ze timeee.

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
How many times must I hear this? lol
Every time you're dead with Link in a tournament is "LINK OFFSTAGE > DEAD LAWL !!!1!11" Han ... :glare:

Play Link take more time to be good than another character like Marth or G&w, i dunno. But respect is.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Link's the hardest character to learn and use properly IMO.

Yo Rizen... if I sent you some replays could you record them for me? I wouldn't send you like millions just a few here and there maybe... right now I only have one saved really lol
I record replays as I'm playing by hooking my wii up to my computer; I don't actually know how to record replays except as the game happens with my computer. I'm also kinda stressed atm, tbh. Sorry:(. Someone else here can probably help you.
I vill see if I can :D But I hate playing Link over wifi =.=" Lag SDs all ze timeee.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnpUYwoqxM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2RBmQWbK2g

_Saint_

Smash Apprentice
So then what do you use to record? Wouldn't it just be the same way except you just record as the replay is playing? That's ok bro... I was thinking of buying a cap card but I'm trying to save $$$ at the moment lol

Capuchon

Smash Cadet
I can't play online anymore, my Link is pretty good now, but impossible to play certain MU like MK or DDK T_T, ****ing online.

Anyone know why online suck so much ?

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
My connection is 23425475956 times worse Rizen D: Insane first match tho O_o
I have Dazzle from somewhere laying around in my house...it works all right. Sorta pricey tho D:

_Saint_

Smash Apprentice
I've only had one match where there was really no hint of lag... and the person I was playing said they were from some country overseas. I think they were lying though. He must have been close...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Oh really? Thanks :DDD So ur the dude I played back there...xD
Yea I figured as soon as we rematched and you got me twice :3 But it's good that I surprised you I guess? Tell me what you like about my Link tho O_o

And bout that Peach on Link action...I hate Peach but maybeh ;)
Um I remember liking your Link but I don't remember why, lol. It's fancy though. For the record, we played offline and my Zelda is getting rusty since I'm trying to get the hang of Peach. :c

Mykew link is bad I would pick a different character if I were you.
Won't lie he speaks the truth. Obviously Zeldas know better than Links.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi, welcome to the SWF Link boards :bee:. If you have replays you want critiqued or just to post use our video thread and the Q&A thread for Link or Brawl questions and atm how real boomerangs work, lol.
Standard warning: Link is THE hardest character to learn and use successfully and he's the lowest tier.:urg:
tenchars...

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
@Rizen: So expensive though... O_o it's not actually needed but it makes the lag *that* much more smaller?

_Saint_

Smash Apprentice
I wanna know too... Like how much better could it be? Would it help as much as forwarding ports does? Because on AiB there's a thread on how to reduce lag and that's what it talks about, but I have no idea how to do that with my router lol

BryE

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ChaserTech
I can't play online anymore, my Link is pretty good now, but impossible to play certain MU like MK or DDK T_T, ****ing online.

Anyone know why online suck so much ?
Probably because of the horrible netcode that Nintendo has. Even with good connection, there's button lag, which is friggin stupid.

Skullgirls on the other hand has zero button input lag when you get a good connection.

Rizen

Smash Legend
@Rizen: So expensive though... O_o it's not actually needed but it makes the lag *that* much more smaller?
It really does help. You plug the USB end into your wii and it converts it to an Ethernet cable which can be extended with more cables and hooked into a computer/router/modem(I think). The price (+shipping) sucks but it makes a big difference.
You're in BC, Canada right?

I'm in CO. We're roughly the same distance from CA (I'm on the East side of the Rocky Mountains which affects my connection a little). Here's a wifi replay (lag is included because how I record) where I play someone from CA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJWssorrTmo
With a large margin of error but you can see the connection.

Top Bottom