• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
NOOOO!!!!! Bruce got hit by a critical hit Overheat and it knocked him unconscious. Fortunately, he survived, but he's just been crippled and can't go on. So he got a protege to take over the mantle for him; some guy named Terry.

Oh yeah. I also got a Starmie that I named Patrick :D
You called, Huggles?

Edit - LOL name change. Whoever suggested that name is great. +5

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, well, actually, Bruce did "die," but c'mon. It's Batman. Everyone knows Batman can't die. So Bruce is just crippled and unusable and communicates with Terry, haha.

So apparently I'm a ground/dark Pokemon that easily warms up to people and is loved by Team Galactic for my charming appearance. Too bad I don't know who Team Galactic is. I take it they're like Team Rocket for Diamond and Pearl?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Lol thats a pretty neat thing.

I put in the name i have been recently given because my first name is so common.

Koda
#768 Mystic Pokemon
Poison/Bug (Weirdly enough my favorite type combo)
HT 1′11″
WT 32.7 lbs
It starts to become active once night falls. It is full of curiosity but no one knows why.

I think i may have to do some concept art for this lol.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
try to beat cyrus from the platinum version, one of the biggest chellenges that's for sure
the cyrus from diamond and pearl sucks =/

Scabe

Successful Businessman
I am lazily lurking. I played some Smash yesterday, was fun. WANT MORE though. :p

There's a tournament on the 19th that I hopefully can go depending on transportation. I wonder how I'll do after not playing for so long.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I finally finished my animation. Well the part i was doing. Now i'm more or less free. On it's own it doesn't really make sense. But basically its for like a "Dance Show". Which i was totally against in the first place, so i did something ridiculous.

Anyway,
First two scenes are the back story. Then the dance itself. Finally is the "bow" animation, which i was like forget a bow.

I didn't feel like putting it on youtube so here's a link to it on my facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...ile#!/video/video.php?v=466964029314&comments

Scabe

Successful Businessman
That was the weirdest animation I've ever seen.

Speaking of why we aren't so informative. I've recently learnt about crossovers haha. They're pretty good.

If your noob like me and didn't know about them, basically always try get behind your opponent. So try land your aerials so that they end up behind your opponent, it's better when they shield it since they have less options to punish you. Even rolling behind an opponent is effective until they catch on to it.

I've noticed that some people just do this naturally where they want to get behind the opponent.

Anyways again, I'm noob, so if you already knew that, don't give me a hard time about it.

BTW, when are these vids of tournament Huggles going to come up!?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
That was the weirdest animation I've ever seen.

Speaking of why we aren't so informative. I've recently learnt about crossovers haha. They're pretty good.

If your noob like me and didn't know about them, basically always try get behind your opponent. So try land your aerials so that they end up behind your opponent, it's better when they shield it since they have less options to punish you. Even rolling behind an opponent is effective until they catch on to it.

I've noticed that some people just do this naturally where they want to get behind the opponent.

Anyways again, I'm noob, so if you already knew that, don't give me a hard time about it.

BTW, when are these vids of tournament Huggles going to come up!?
Haha, well, the vids of tournament Huggles aren't very impressive; I was pretty much murdered in the ones I got recorded of me. I'm waiting on the guy to send them to me. I couldn't save them on my SD card because of time reasons (next people had to play), so he told me he'd email them to me. I'm waiting on the files.

Haha, I've thought about crossovers before and did it a few times in my tourney. It just didn't work out so well since the guy I used it on was a bit of a scrub (Mario: roll, dsmash, swear at me a few times and get all worked up, repeat) and just dsmashed, so it was more a bad play on my part, haha. I think it's good, but I think it can be kinda risky for Link since he is behind them but he's not really in ideal spacing. What do the rest of you guys think?

Ryos4

Smash Lord
I would like to say that rolling behind someone is never a good idea. Especially against characters that have really spammy Dsmashes. Also landing behind people is good sometimes, but certain characters or players can easily punish it, rather then you trying to space it from in front. Some people are fast enough that they can just do a turn around and jab or grab. And some characters can just use a quick utilt like fox or kirby.

I think this kind of play style is okay, but with characters like Link who rely on spacing, you probably have better options. This bad habit often comes from playing online since its harder to react to.

Anyway, yeah the animation is weird lol. It's suppose to show a rich and privileged guy who thinks hes a super awesome dancer, but really has no idea how to dance. During his childhood, his back story, he gets his servants to watch him dance and clap for him.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I'm not on Facebook and couldn't see it.

Link should try to land long-lasting Nairs behind shielding opponents if his spacing is close. Otherwise, he needs more space.

After being frustrated and quitting drawing for some time, I'm getting my edge back.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I'm not on Facebook and couldn't see it.

Link should try to land long-lasting Nairs behind shielding opponents if his spacing is close. Otherwise, he needs more space.

After being frustrated and quitting drawing for some time, I'm getting my edge back.
Haha, it's probably for the better Rizen. Facebook is a machine of evil, corrupting the hearts of people and stealing their identities.

Very nice drawing and animation, by the way, Rizen and Ryos.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I would like to say that rolling behind someone is never a good idea. Especially against characters that have really spammy Dsmashes. Also landing behind people is good sometimes, but certain characters or players can easily punish it, rather then you trying to space it from in front. Some people are fast enough that they can just do a turn around and jab or grab. And some characters can just use a quick utilt like fox or kirby.

I think this kind of play style is okay, but with characters like Link who rely on spacing, you probably have better options. This bad habit often comes from playing online since its harder to react to.

Anyway, yeah the animation is weird lol. It's suppose to show a rich and privileged guy who thinks hes a super awesome dancer, but really has no idea how to dance. During his childhood, his back story, he gets his servants to watch him dance and clap for him.
It is a mix-up if your roll is good enough.

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
ok I didn't get the last post, but I find that is a bad idea to get rolling, I find better run, jump, or throwing a SH boomerang (gettig away from the opponent) for spacing wich it's vital for Link, just roll some times but try to avoid it and do it when the opponent doesn't spect it.

also it's a goos option a reverse bombsliding (Link's animation it's so ****ing cool xd)

also great animation ryos, just the weird style I like xd

may I ask why do you main pit, but still come to these boards?

Arcade

Smash Ace
Yeah, you shouldn't roll very much, especially not as Link, and especially not behind people. Keep in mind that even when doing this "crossover" (never heard it called that before), you can still be punished by aerials and buffering a turnaround OoS and using a fast attack (Snake's jab/ftilt comes to mind)

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Scabe, you've never heard of crossovers? All I do is crossovers. They are my bread, butter and vegemite. Where would I be without my sweet sweet crossovers?
My fundamentals are bad. But I noticed though in one of my vids that I crossover unconsciously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAILD-5rX8

Point is, if you were like me and didn't know of crossovers, you should start using them.

Also rolling behind isn't that bad, it's a good mixup, you'd be surprised with how many players do it and get away with it.

Rizen

Smash Legend
hey guys i need help, some one here know how to colred a image
It is easier if the image isn't shaded. If I get some time I might be able to help you. Outlook is not so good, though:urg:.

-------------------------

I crossover with airdodges/bomb tricks. People don't expect Link to go that close.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
If you used photoshop or something to make a separate layer to color and then used some blending mode like multiply or something idk. It could look decent.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
My fundamentals are bad. But I noticed though in one of my vids that I crossover unconsciously http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SAILD-5rX8

Point is, if you were like me and didn't know of crossovers, you should start using them.

Also rolling behind isn't that bad, it's a good mixup, you'd be surprised with how many players do it and get away with it.

This.

I like to spot-dodge and roll behind my opponent. A single D-smash decimates that strategy, but, oh well.
Being wary of it is the key thing to do.

If you notice your opponent is looking for that roll or is using moves that are good for stopping rolls, don't do it. If you get him out of that habit by not rolling a lot, like instead of rolling you SH in front of him spacing aerials, you can condition him into a habit and use something like rolling behind them.

As long as you be conscious of your habits just like your conscious of your opponents movements. Just takes a little practice.

Top Bottom