• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
*Returns after spending the past couple weeks with family*

Hey guys, sorry I've been gone so long.

Does redneck count as a language? If so, I guess I'm sorta multilingual, haha.

Scabe: SC2? I haven't played that in a couple of months, haha. I got fed up with all the people online taking the game way too seriously. Plus I had some classes I had to pass and too little free time to spread around, haha.

Ryu: WHAT. How long have they been making a Megaman Legends 3? That was one of my favorite series growing up, haha. I actually just played them again a year or so ago.

Haha, hi Juxtapose, welcome to the Link boards. It looks like it's been pretty dead here. I think everyone's been home for the holidays.

Also, I'm considering going to another tourney down in Georgia in a couple weeks. I'll have to see how my schedule plays out and everything since I start classes up really early.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Also, I'm considering going to another tourney down in Georgia in a couple weeks. I'll have to see how my schedule plays out and everything since I start classes up really early.
Good Luck

Still waiting so patiently, I'll love it.
I didn't know they made a second. The first (I played as Mega Man 64) had a surprisingly good plot by the end but then it ended without explaining anything. The Bons turned out to be likable characters too. Do Roll and Tron get in a <3 triangle?

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Almost as dead by the Luigi boards lol
So, I started to play Link and its my first character that I actually learned to play without taking a peek at guides or studying any videos, cept for like 3-4 videos of Kirin

Anyone want to WiFi with me for critics? :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Sometimes I have good connections with Canada from CO. I'll wifi if the lag's ok.
Be warned: Link take literally 8 months or more to learn and be effective at a competitive level.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Legends 3 is in production atm, google it and you should be able to find info on it called the dev room. Fans even get to vote on the game stuff, like that girl in the middle was voted and won between 9 other girls.

<3<3<3

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lucky, I have a bad sore throat :(

Is Mega Man Legends 2 on PS2 or a Nintendo platform?

JuxtaposeX

Smash Lord
Arghhh I hate Brawl FFA :(
I always lose, but end up with like 90% of the kills and highest damage given by a least a two times margin.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Lucky, I have a bad sore throat :(

Is Mega Man Legends 2 on PS2 or a Nintendo platform?
Legends and Legends 2 were on PS2. The first one was ported onto N64 a while later as Megaman 64. I was lucky enough to find a copy of Legends 2 in a bargain bin for 5 bucks as a kid; nowadays it's selling on Amazon for 90 to 100 bucks used; good luck finding a copy Rizen!
Arghhh I hate Brawl FFA :(
I always lose, but end up with like 90% of the kills and highest damage given by a least a two times margin.
Ha, it's very different than Brawl 1v1. Basically just play to have fun in FFAs, stop trying to play to win. There's not a whole lot of bragging to be had in winning an FFA anyway, haha. Why do you think we put in Brawl -(666 Warlock Punch ftw, haha)?

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
Happy new year to everyone! hope this years rise Link mainers on tournament places :D

Rizen

Smash Legend
nowadays it's selling on Amazon for 90 to 100 bucks used; good luck finding a copy Rizen!
me::eek:>:crazy:>:cry:
Happy new year to everyone! hope this years rise Link mainers on tournament places :D
I think I got 178th on the joke ladder with 1258 points from 83 games, all Link. The only games I turned down were a few with really bad connections.
*sigh* wifi's all I have:(.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Sorry for double posting, but I found this in a browsing and it's so nostalgic.

Speaking of which, the Twilight Heroes' three year anniversary is coming up. Memories~~

Jeos

Smash Journeyman
I remember seeing that picture somewhere mmm...

edit: wait, why my signature doesn't appear?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^^^Nice picture.

My Wolf is trash. I've experimented with several characters and like Ike, Ganon, and G&W. G&W's the highest tier so he might become my second. I used to play vs several G&Ws and know his tactics like Dthrow>tech chase. Comments/suggestions?

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I suck at G&W. Wolf or Sonic would be my best, highest tier character I think. I also enjoy playing as Oldmanondorf :D. Of course, Link is the always the best choice, so I usually just play him. haha.

I would imagine Marth would be a fairly good choice as a second since he's a good character who depends on good spacing, and if we're maining Link, we need to have good spacing anyway. Snake probably wouldn't have quite as steep a learning curve either.

There's always that nice, shiny Meta Knight sitting pretty at number one, too...

You could always try just playing as Random until you find someone you kinda like, enjoy playing, or just seem to click with, and try picking them up. Honestly, that's how I picked up Link in the first place, haha; I always liked Link as a character but didn't like him much in Melee and never tried him in Brawl. Then I randomed him like 3 times in a row and kinda liked him, and figured, eh, I'm maining the (at the time) worst character, Captain Falcon, anyway; why not swap to a character I like a lot more if I'm gonna be using a bottom tier character anyway, haha.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^ Lol, I suck with Sonic and Wolf but G&W comes easy for me. I started learning my worst characters, Lucario, Sonic, and PT. PT's okay but the other 2 feel weird to play; at least the experience is good for understanding MUs better. Then I played several randoms and found air attacks with long lasting/big attack areas that focus on spacing are my style. G&W is surprisingly similar to Link in that sense, so is his smash timing. He's like a smaller, faster, close combat oriented Link which suits my aggressive style.
Snake would be my high tier if I wanted a high tier. People have told me to main Snake but it feels like a cop-out. Snake is the best Link :( . I'm staying away from S and A tiers.
-----------------

My game reviews:
Lost in Shadow is a rare, truly original platformer, with an eerie calm feel. Twilight Princess and 2D Prince of Persia mixed with a shadowy twist. Beautiful graphics and challenging. People who played Prince of Persia on the PC will love Lost in Shadow.

DK Country Returns is an old school remake that didn't disappoint. New Super Mario Bros felt easy and more of the same. DKCR is refreshingly challenging.

Sonic Colors felt like a joke, baaaaad script, same plot as every 2D Sonic, Short levels where controls only apply in certain places (drifting, side steps), and easy. I wish the developers had kept the day controls and boost meter from Sonic Unleashed and had big level environments- more like a world than a game level. What happened to Knuckles, Shadow, and the some other characters? And why is Eggman a buffoon? I liked the Sonic adventures2 Eggman who spotted the fake emerald and shot Sonic into space in a capsule. The graphics were worse than sonic unleashed. Sonic Colors really was disappointing. :(

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I kinda picked up Link when most of the people left and I wanted to revive these boards.

So I went from Lucario main to Lucario/Link.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
^ Lol, I suck with Sonic and Wolf but G&W comes easy for me.
Snake would be my high tier if I wanted a high tier. People have told me to main Snake but it feels like a cop-out. Snake is the best Link :( . I'm staying away from S and A tiers.
Haha, sounds like G&W it is then. I always hated his smashes and never remember to bucket brake, haha.
New Super Mario Bros felt easy and more of the same. DKCR is refreshingly challenging.
Haha, New Super Mario Bros. is meant to be played with four people. It is very easy and more of the same with one person, and not really worth it; the game is a blast playing it with four people and laughing at all the stuff that ends up happening. I've wanted to try the new DKC game.

Got Super Mario Galaxy 2 and Golden Sun Dark Dawn over Christmas. Both good games. Mario Galaxy 2 is a lot of fun playing with gravity. Golden Sun is a nostalgia trip for me since I played the first two when I was younger, haha.
I kinda picked up Link when most of the people left and I wanted to revive these boards.

So I went from Lucario main to Lucario/Link.
I likely would have done the same if I was there and I don't blame anybody but it was a sad situation for us. Was Link your second beforehand Ryu?

Soldner Kei

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SoldnerKei
but no one left the link boards *awesome face* errg nevermind...

kind of late, but happy new year to everybody who still lurks here, smash workshop it's awesome :)

still playing Link as a main, but playing Marth too... hard MUs and stuff... still, I hate DDD lulz

cheers and see ya ;D

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Hello Link people,

Yeah ive been out again for a while doing hoilday stuff and being stuck on pokemon... im at 464 obtained. I know a few of you out there play pokemon. Anyone up for helping me get the rest i cant (or am too impatient to wait long enough for the safari zone to kick in)?

I need these non legendaries:
Mawhile, Aron + evolutions, Solrock, Zangoose, ,Magmotar, Electivire, and Pachirisu.

Legendaries i need:
Shaymin, Deoxys, Manaphy, all 4 regi's, darkrai, and Heatran

I'm upset at myself for forgetting to transfer over my heatran and pachirisu from pearl before the failed nuzlocke. I got owned in a double battle vs a water and an electric type. And i had no pokemon that could counter either of them and i didnt grind. If only i had a grass pokemon it might have gone differently.

Also if anyone needs almost anything other then those pokemon i probably have it. I also have a spare shiny raikou, jirachi, and phione.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've been a Link main since my days of SSB64. I'm a true-blue Link player.

Mawhile, Aron + evolutions, Solrock, Zangoose, ,Magmotar, Electivire, and Pachirisu.

Legendaries i need:
I have Mawile, Solrock, Zangoose, Pachirisu and Deoxys.

I also have Magmar+Magmarizer, Electabuzz+Electrizer, shiny Shaymin, Managphy, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, and Heatran. However, I only have a single unit of these Pokemon, so I could add them to your PokeDex if we traded over and back, if you know what I mean.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I likely would have done the same if I was there and I don't blame anybody but it was a sad situation for us. Was Link your second beforehand Ryu?
He was with others,the whole these boards will die stuff, made me want to get more active with the Link's and I did something about it by running the MU thread, and contributing on other parts of the boards.

but no one left the link boards *awesome face* errg nevermind...

kind of late, but happy new year to everybody who still lurks here, smash workshop it's awesome :)

still playing Link as a main, but playing Marth too... hard MUs and stuff... still, I hate DDD lulz

cheers and see ya ;D
Don't worry I hate DDD as well. No matter who I am playing.

Ryos4

Smash Lord

I have Mawile, Solrock, Zangoose, Pachirisu and Deoxys.

I also have Magmar+Magmarizer, Electabuzz+Electrizer, shiny Shaymin, Managphy, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Regigigas, and Heatran. However, I only have a single unit of these Pokemon, so I could add them to your PokeDex if we traded over and back, if you know what I mean.
Actually that would be great. I'm not really looking to keep any of them anyway. I dont use legendaries. I just want as much of my dex finished as possible.

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Haha, I mained Link in SSB64 too, but also used Kirby. Actually, I went back and played some SSB64 with my friends over Christmas break. Link seems... a lot better in that game in some ways. His grab still sucks, though, and his B up is the worst excuse for a "recovery" ever; Link even loses height before the move even ends. His second jump is amazing compared to Brawl though, and he can cancel out ("z-canceling" maybe?) his down air of doom to have no lag at all, and bombs work well for followups since hitstun is longer. He's still a tad laggy and has trouble approaching though.

Legendaries i need:
Uhhh.... I don't know what a single one of those Pokemon are, Ryos, haha. I thought Zangoose was that Rattata-ish ultra-common Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire?
So I just tried to sign-in on Nintendo WiFi...

And I got blocked.
I've never been able to get the Wifi working on my DS, although I can browse the web and watch my Pharamacology lectures online using it (lawl).

Top Bottom