• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le Lazy Lurking Link's Listen/Laugh Lounge ♪~ (^ 。^=)

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
Hi Link Boards,

I'm kinda new to smashboards. I played in a couple tourney but didn't do so well. I hope I learn alot from you guys.

btw my name is Requiem

:)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Welcome Requiem :) . Link is a difficult character to play, try not to get discouraged. If you have any questions or want to wifi just ask.

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
OMG Rizen!!!! LOL Thanks guys. and yes Link is a very difficult character to play. I would love to wifi friendly with someone to see where I'm at. I'm hoping it's you, Rizen. Cause I've seen vids of you.. You are a great Link. :) But anyone would be great too.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Sadly i cant Requiem, i dont have a wii, i just play brawl soemtimes in my compiuter with dolphin emulator.

i dont like so much brawl, i just come here to check this boards and talk with the first ones than i had contact here :bee:

Hey Tery, What are these girls?? are a musical group, a movie, a TV show??? i am curious

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
Sadly i cant Requiem, i dont have a wii, i just play brawl soemtimes in my compiuter with dolphin emulator.

i dont like so much brawl, i just come here to check this boards and talk with the first ones than i had contact here :bee:

Hey Tery, What are these girls?? are a musical group, a movie, a TV show??? i am curious
Ok, it's alright. I'll ask someone else.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
N-air is your friend in CCQ. Z-air can save your life and when in doubt, jab. Set up your D-airs very, very carefully, avoid grabbing unless ABSOLUTELY sure (horrible lag), B-air chains into itself at low percentages (I think) and short hop approaches are best.

Avoid a grounded Link because, well, move restrictions aren't the best way to go (learnt that the hard way), don't be super jumpy because that's just begging ZSS to take you offstage for a spin, and don't use the Wiimote to Brawl unless you've been using it since Day 1 (like me).

Oh, wait, I'm not Rizen. That is TOTALLY my bad.

On another note, hai guise. I can has a back (for a while, at least).

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
N-air is your friend in CCQ. Z-air can save your life and when in doubt, jab. Set up your D-airs very, very carefully, avoid grabbing unless ABSOLUTELY sure (horrible lag), B-air chains into itself at low percentages (I think) and short hop approaches are best.

Avoid a grounded Link because, well, move restrictions aren't the best way to go (learnt that the hard way), don't be super jumpy because that's just begging ZSS to take you offstage for a spin, and don't use the Wiimote to Brawl unless you've been using it since Day 1 (like me).

Oh, wait, I'm not Rizen. That is TOTALLY my bad.

On another note, hai guise. I can has a back (for a while, at least).
LOL it's cool. Thanks for the tips. :)

Rizen

Smash Legend
Hi Quirky:bee:! 'Long time no see.
Good games, Rizen.

Do you have anything to say to make me a better player?
GGs, it's hard to say because the lag was so bad. Also dittos are different from other MUs.

Zair to cover your landings more, or quickdraw arrows. Try to setup locks like boomerang>arrow for a forced standup, footstool>bomb down throw>Dair or jab locks; although the lag was a pain, I missed a jab lock at one point :glare:. Spam slightly farther in dittos. Try to have bombs, boomerang and arrows onscreen at the same time, not just one projectile type. Your jab cancels have openings. Your edge jumps and down bomb throws in the air became predictable.

Otherwise you did pretty good, just aim/space/time attacks better. Lag accounted for a lot of our mistakes.

quirkynature

Smash Ace
LOL I came back here, checked the Social and I'm like "Anonano is back!"

Then I realized I was staring at the first page. Fun times.

Would it sound weird if I said "I missed you guys?"

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
Hi Quirky:bee:! 'Long time no see.

GGs, it's hard to say because the lag was so bad. Also dittos are different from other MUs.

Zair to cover your landings more, or quickdraw arrows. Try to setup locks like boomerang>arrow for a forced standup, footstool>bomb down throw>Dair or jab locks; although the lag was a pain, I missed a jab lock at one point :glare:. Spam slightly farther in dittos. Try to have bombs, boomerang and arrows onscreen at the same time, not just one projectile type. Your jab cancels have openings. Your edge jumps and down bomb throws in the air became predictable.

Otherwise you did pretty good, just aim/space/time attacks better. Lag accounted for a lot of our mistakes.
Ok, Thanks. I'll make sure to keep those things in mind. I hope we can play again sometime.

IYM!

Smash Lord
LOL I came back here, checked the Social and I'm like "Anonano is back!"

Then I realized I was staring at the first page. Fun times.

Would it sound weird if I said "I missed you guys?"

naaaa, we are always talk about anything, so is normal generate some kind of "conections" between us.

LoL, i always lurk this board :awesome:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
Wow, activity! Welcome Requiem.

Sup Quirky, long time no see!

Scabe needs to stop lurking and post here more often :awesome:

Huggles needs to stop lurking and post here more often too :troll:

Huggles828

Aimin' to Misbehave
NNID
Huggles828
I think Skyward Sword overall is looking pretty sexy. I really want it (and the new OoT 3DS remake too, but I'm gonna wait for the prices to go down before I even consider it). I'm not thinking Ganon's gonna be in this one; this is supposed to be the first game chronologically, before Hyrule and whatnot. In OoT Ganon was just a bad dude until he got the Triforce, so he couldn't have been alive for too long.

The new bad guy is pretty creepy though *shudders*

Scabe

Successful Businessman
Lurking Moderators = lame Moderators

Bring on the heat.
:mad::mad088::mad070: BANNED

I'm a little hyped for Skyward Sword. I really can't believe how they manage to make the Skyward theme song in the trailer play as Zelda's Lullaby when it's played backwards. :O (I hope that sentence made sense somehow :urg:)

And yeah, long time no see Quirky. :)

Also the new boss guy looks homo.

kxiong92

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kxiong
Thanks Huggles. Man I can't wait to get Skyward Sword. The gameplay looks cool. Why did they made Link right handed in Skyward Sword?

Top Bottom