• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Le THieN's Match-Up Newsflash: Marth vs. Diddy is Even

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Whatever, I guess it must be in Peaches favor if Kos-Mos beat ADHD and didn't make it out of pools.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
I think its kind of embarassing to lose over and over to someone who didn't make it out of pools. :D
In other words, if I were to 3 stock you 100 times in a row but still didn't make it out of pools, does that mean I suck? No, either I had a ****ty pool or I was just playing bad.

Playing against people on the east coast showed me how brawl should be played on a competitive level. I'll be more prepared next time I go.

Please do not insult my performance at APEX. As you are aware, everyone has their bad days/tournaments and doesn't place as high as they thought they were giong to, this was mine. No disrespect towards you or anything but please do not attack me just because you do not agree with what Le THieN has to say.

Snakeee

Smash Master
Turtle, you were incredibly good against Peach and just seemed to somehow know the match up like a book. However, I remember I was relying a LOT on f-air - jabs. EVERY time I did that you simply powershielded it and grabbed me. Now at the time, I had been occasionally overused that simply because Azen used to do that all the time. I didn't realize until afterwards that someone could powershield it with ease if they knew the timing. (this is the same realization I had with ZSS with Side B/D-smash) I figured later on that I can simply just keep D-airing over Diddy if I moved behind him a bit after each one. I confirmed this with KOS-MOS too.

And hey, don't think just because someone isn't well known (or isn't known for using a character) that they aren't any good. I don't mind it at all if you don't think my Peach or my other characters are viable though, I'm just saying in general. I don't contribute too much to the Peach, Sheik, or Zelda boards simply because I don't really usually have the time.

...yes I name searched. Laugh at me, etc idc lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think its kind of embarassing to lose over and over to someone who didn't make it out of pools. :D
If that is the case I must be the worst Peach out since I made it out of pools but cant fight diddy and do bad in tournaments. I got second seed in pools and got last in brackets, did not beat a singal person.
As well as other match ups that I used to handle I can't deal with anymore like ZSS and ROB. Also each time I play this game I get worst.

Seriously you saying that makes me look like crap really since everyone says and thinks that you are better than I am. You should not let one tournament destroy how good you are. go through alot of them and do bad. Then you can talk like that. Take a good look at you then everyone else around you before talking like that. there are people in worst spots then you.

Also for Peach on diddy. If Kos-Mos has taken out just about all noticeable diddys with Peach, you can't bias your ways out of this. Can't take away his credit. he has proven all of this and earned it all by beating all these diddys. Peach gets at diddy. Nuff said. as of now it is impossible to BS your way out of this one for the people that are trying too.

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
If that is the case I must be the worst Peach out since I made it out of pools but cant fight diddy and do bad in tournaments. I got second seed in pools and got last in brackets, did not beat a singal person.
As well as other match ups that I used to handle I can't deal with anymore like ZSS and ROB. Also each time I play this game I get worst.

Seriously you saying that makes me look like crap really since everyone says and thinks that you are better than I am. You should not let one tournament destroy how good you are. go through alot of them and do bad. Then you can talk like that. Take a good look at you then everyone else around you before talking like that. there are people in worst spots then you.

Also for Peach on diddy. If Kos-Mos has taken out just about all noticeable diddys with Peach, you can't bias your ways out of this. Can't take away his credit. he has proven all of this and earned it all by beating all these diddys. Peach gets at diddy. Nuff said. as of now it is impossible to BS your way out of this one for the people that are trying too.
I wasn't directing my post towards you dark, it was towards rvkevin. I don't think anyone sucks, I just think its rude to attack someone just because of their performance at a tournament. Like I've told you before, I really don't care if people say I'm the best peach or if you're better than me. I enjoy playing this game, and I enjoy going to tournaments. ^_^

Also, I've had lots of bad tournaments, trust me. :D

I think we are getting off topic >_>

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I know it was not directed towards me but hearing you say that and the way speak about you, I look at myself and feel like crap. But w/e I'm not gonna bring this mess into this thread. So it's over.

Peach>diddy, nuff said. Done.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Just wanted to say I love it when pro and semi-pro players make stupidly long posts or even decent ones. The posts by Le_ThieN, Kos-Mos, Snakeee, Dark Peach, and etc. really help me improve I think. Looking at these match-ups from different paradigms. Although I do not think that the Marth match-up is even, and cannot see why some players don't think Luigi is a difficult match-up, I do think this thread has opened up my eyes a little bit.

ANYWAY

I was thinking since Dark Peach said that he struggles to beat Diddy's but we all know KOS-MOS packs all of our lunches, is it possible that Diddy ***** Peach until the Peach understands the match-up? With that being said, I was thinking that it could be possible that when two players start playing that the Marth player will always carry the advantage, but is it possible that with the two players growth that Diddy's rate of improvement grows exponentially more than Marth's? What I'm saying is that, Diddy beats Peach until Peach knows the match-up and Marth beats Diddy until Diddy knows the match-up.

I think there's room for huge flaws in my argument here, but at the same time, I think it has a lot of potential in making sense.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
ANYWAY

I was thinking since Dark Peach said that he struggles to beat Diddy's but we all know KOS-MOS packs all of our lunches, is it possible that Diddy ***** Peach until the Peach understands the match-up?
Yes, yes it is. I use to be able to beat Diddies. Even NL diddy. and he was the only diddy I ever lose to. Now I can't fight them anymore and lose to all diddys. Cant beat them. even new borns diddy players.

Kos-Mos knows what he is downing and knows the match up to the fulliest. And results? He beats up all diddys. from noobs to top diddys. From my understanding, there has not been one diddy to scatch more wins off him then Kos-Mos. or take an official set of him. Also me and Kos-Mos are one of the top Peach players in the USA (i'm about to lose that since I think I am done with tournies) But we could be compared as inequal in skills.

So yes, until a Peach understands diddy,that be the only reason He would get away with his typical stuff.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
I was not trying to offend you Kos-Mos, I keep arguing with a friend and it always boiled down to...If Kos-Mos is Azen-esque, he should be able to both beat ADHD and make it out of pools regardless of character, or if Peach has the advantage over Diddy, only be able to beat ADHD but not make it out of pools...The latter happened so that was the conclusion...Not meant to insult you in anyway, but thats what his logic was, and I couldn't disagree so until otherwise, Peach beats Diddy, correct me if the logic is wrong...LeThien, the last comment wasn't meant to be taken too seriously, atleast not as serious as people took it...I know Kos-Mos is a good player, as I have said numerous times already.

Thanks Snakeee, apparently I have no credible insight to the Peach matchup around here...And rumor has it that perfect shield grabbing Peach'es Fair->AA directly contradicts frame data, lol. Its really easy to perfect shield Peach's Fair when you get used to perfect shielding Wolf's Bair, Peach is so slow compared to Wolf, its not even funny. Not sure what you mean about keep on Dairing behind Diddy, whatever it is, I look forward to seeing it in action...Sorry for giving ADHD a few pointers vs. Peach, I heard your Peach took a hit at Apex, what happened to Zelda?

From now on, unless someone asks, I will keep my strategies to myself because they will just fall on deaf ears anyway...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I was not trying to offend you Kos-Mos, I keep arguing with a friend and it always boiled down to...If Kos-Mos is Azen-esque, he should be able to both beat ADHD and make it out of pools regardless of character, or if Peach has the advantage over Diddy, only be able to beat ADHD but not make it out of pools...The latter happened so that was the conclusion...Not meant to insult you in anyway, but thats what his logic was, and I couldn't disagree so until otherwise, Peach beats Diddy, correct me if the logic is wrong...LeThien, the last comment wasn't meant to be taken too seriously, atleast not as serious as people took it...I know Kos-Mos is a good player, as I have said numerous times already.

Thanks Snakeee, apparently I have no credible insight to the Peach matchup around here...And rumor has it that perfect shield grabbing Peach'es Fair->AA directly contradicts frame data, lol. Its really easy to perfect shield Peach's Fair when you get used to perfect shielding Wolf's Bair, Peach is so slow compared to Wolf, its not even funny. Not sure what you mean about keep on Dairing behind Diddy, whatever it is, I look forward to seeing it in action...Sorry for giving ADHD a few pointers vs. Peach, I heard your Peach took a hit at Apex, what happened to Zelda?

From now on, unless someone asks, I will keep my strategies to myself because they will just fall on deaf ears anyway...
That is a ******** thing to argue about. Kos-Mos could beat ADHD all he wants. That should not reflect his skills for tournies for:

- Peach has the advantage over diddy
- Kos-Mos is one of the top Peach players in the country
- he beats all diddys
- Peach vs snake (for now) is in snakes Favor.

People tend to forgot that this game is not balanced. This is like saying Kos-Mos beat the best falcon in the world yet did not make it out of pools cause he lost to a bunch of Marths in them. So him beating all these diddys has nothing to do with Pools when he is playing against matches that he is at a disadvantage and then getting at him for it. Makes no sense at all to even start an argument. It's just dumb

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
And hey, don't think just because someone isn't well known (or isn't known for using a character) that they aren't any good. I don't mind it at all if you don't think my Peach or my other characters are viable though, I'm just saying in general. I don't contribute too much to the Peach, Sheik, or Zelda boards simply because I don't really usually have the time.

...yes I name searched. Laugh at me, etc idc lol
LOL. Nah, I was very careful with my choice of words in this matter. The crux of my argument is this: all Turtle was doing was piggybacking on your name-brand status in order to bolster his credentials in the Peach match-up. I never called into question whether or not it was any good, but whether or not it was noteworthy. As you have admitted, your contribution to the meta-game of your secondaries is minimal at best; based on this, the fact that someone else beats a secondary that you use probably for fun and then proceeds to turn around and use it for fodder in an argument is a fallacy that I'm trying to point out.

I can't tell you how many times people have tried to argue the legitimacy of their match-up experience based on the fact that they beat some Smash celebrity's third-string character. It's a cheap, shallow argument at best, and a resort that I will continue to gleefully ignore in the future.

rvkevin

Smash Lord
@ Dark: Hence the conclusion Peach beats Diddy. It doesn't matter what character Azen uses against me, its in Azen's favor, Azen>Turtle , get it?

@ LeThien: Sorry I don't have the best Peach players in my region.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
@ Dark: Hence the conclusion Peach beats Diddy. It doesn't matter what character Azen uses against me, its in Azen's favor, Azen>Turtle , get it?
No? I think you're missing the point or maybe I'm looking at this wrong. I play Domo weekly and he's good, really good; that goes without saying. He wrecks my **** with MK and I know it will be a while before I get to that level of play. However, when he runs any of his secondaries, the playing field immediately becomes "equal" or at least a little more balanced. That's the problem with this game, regardless of how much better a player is, match-ups have too much of an influence. Like, I don't play Marth at all, but I know the fundamentals enough to do decent against pro Wario's just because of how bad the match-up is.

Sorry if you meant it in a different way, but that's how I saw it?

I really want to play you KOS-MOS...come to Kansas...how did you do against Nynja? I forgot to ask Nate when he got back. Heard you tied for first though, good ****. :]

KOS-MOS

Smash Journeyman
Nynja played my Peach about 10-15 matches total, he did not beat me once. Although when I switched to marth it took him about 4 matches or so to finally be able to beat me. :D

ADHD

Smash Hero
So apparantly if I lose in one MM (unless the 3 other friendlys beforehand count) then it's automatically concluded that I don't stand a chance against kosmos. I wanted to play kosmos more but just that I'm being used as an example is downright stupid, and it's absolutely possible.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
So apparantly if I lose in one MM (unless the 3 other friendlys beforehand count) then it's automatically concluded that I don't stand a chance against kosmos. I wanted to play kosmos more but just that I'm being used as an example is downright stupid, and it's absolutely possible.
We are sorry that you are known as one of the best diddys out. We are sorry that you are a good example cause of your status and Kos-Mos beat you in a MM to use it as a good example on Peach Vs Diddy. Seriously give it up already. You are making no sense right now. And it's nothing bad nether.

ADHD

Smash Hero
60-40 in peach's favor. 50:50 if its not kosmos (that seems to be the case lol.)

I believe utilt will clash with peach's dair with proper timing but it will always end up in diddy's favor because his utilt has more priority than the dair's first hit and damage/knockback. This solves the aerial combos in a sense. Running possibly works really well, but I haven't tried that.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
60-40 in peach's favor. 50:50 if its not kosmos (that seems to be the case lol.)

I believe utilt will clash with peach's dair with proper timing but it will always end up in diddy's favor because his utilt has more priority than the dair's first hit and damage/knockback. This solves the aerial combos in a sense. Running possibly works really well, but I haven't tried that.
I'll retest both of these options next week when I get back to Oklahoma, although I'm fairly certain neither work.

Have you tried retreating studder stepped Fsmash? Also, ADHD, come to my house tomorrow.
Not sure who you're talking to (probably W), but I have tried retreating feints to reversed dash attacks since it has instant start-up, and it routinely gets stuffed by F-air or SH D-air. I've got a few new ideas for this match-up, though, so I'll be sure to try them out next week, as well.

Finally, what do you think of my modified approaches to the Marth match-up, Pierce? I don't know how much stock you put into Southern Marth players like Roy and KM, but this method of mid-range zoning has been quite successful for Gness and myself in shutting out both his F-air approach and his close-quarters harassment.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Picturing that lil idea in my head, the only way I see that working is if Peach tries to go for a second set of dairs. Like inbetween them you can Utilt out of the shield. But if she pulls back while doing this, I don' think that will touch her

- If she is facing you and she pulls back, she can land to a jab or a spaced falling Nair to a space to save herself from a counter reaction on diddy

- If she is not facing you she can pull away to a spaced bair and then if you shield, can break away from you before you can touch her. Or she can just go in front of you and do as I said before with the Nair and jabs.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Boss plays three different Diddys all the time. He knows the matchup better than anyone else. It is not easy to gimp him, trust me. I go for a spike in every one of our friendlies and I'll rarely pull it off. He's too smart with his recovery, and if you mess up off stage against him you're dead. He'll gimp you on his way back up.

Luigi is immune to bananas. They make him slide out of attack/grab range. He can combo Diddy very well at low percents with all his aerials and tilts. His up b kills at 40% and his FSMASH kills at 80% WITH DI, maybe even less than that. You cannot combo Luigi, raking up the damage is very hard. Not to mention your smash attacks won't kill him until well over 120% WELL OVER.

And if he doesn't die off the side he's ALWAYS going to have NO problem making it back with his side b, tornado, and up b. Plus there's always misfires.
I gimped Boss 2 (maybe 3) times in my tourney match with him at apex. Don't worry about spiking out of down B. when luigi tornados, try to space a fair if he's diagonally away from the stage or dtilt him, since the tornado doesn't sweet spot the ledge. After a dtilt, you have a few more options since all luigi can do is fair (which your fair outspaces) and up B, which you can punish the ending lag of. the two times i gimped Boss was when he had only the Up B to use and i spiked him out of it once, and i hugged the stage the other time. NEVER GO OFF STAGE AGAINST LUIGI lol. Misfires, tornado, and fair stage spikes are gonna kill you.

You can also just throw bananas when Luigi has to side b, making it harder for him to recover with tornado.

If you get an early lead vs luigi, you can just try to camp him. Luigi has no range, so all you have to do is hit and run. Fire balls have no range, can be ftilted (maybe jabbed) and Short hop double aerial approaches only work if diddy is close to them. If Luigi gets close just dribble away or side b. Luigi is sitll one of diddy's top 5 worst matchups, but i think there is a lot of things diddy can take advantage of.

ADHD

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233968

Can we all agree that the hardest match-up is Peach, at least for the time being?
No, it's indefinitely luigi. Btw kosmos and other peaches limit you from punishing their floated dairs by falling with a nair. It's a possibility that you can charge your rockets OOS and it will explode in her face when the nair hits you. I"ll try different things the next time I play snakeee.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
No, it's indefinitely luigi. Btw kosmos and other peaches limit you from punishing their floated dairs by falling with a nair. It's a possibility that you can charge your rockets OOS and it will explode in her face when the nair hits you. I"ll try different things the next time I play snakeee.
1. I thought you believed that Marth could be Diddy's worst match up.

2. I thought I was the only person to use Barrels OOS aggressively and as a counter lolz, 2good.

3. I'm not too sure on the PEACH match up. Havent really played too many of them. The only thing I can say is that I gotta play KOSMOS myself...

-advnt-

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Le THieN's Top 5 Personal Worst Match-Ups

Since this thread has been derailed (again) and no one seems to have any blatant vocal objections about the Marth match-up possibly being even, I'm going to go ahead and strike up some more discussion and controversy with what I believe to be Diddy Kong's five current worst match-ups. I base these claims on how difficult I personally find a match-up to be, as well as how irritated and frustrated I get. The consensus that the general public has established as the ever-beloved match-up ratios have absolutely no bearing on my opinion.

1. Peach

This is mostly self-explanatory if you have been following my video thread at all. With the way that she is currently being played by KOS-MOS, she has entered a scant inner circle of characters in the game that can force Diddy into a semi-permanent defensive posture for an entire set. Her aerial attacks are all mostly fast, lagless, and generally have higher priority than Diddy's, and her distinct ability to zone the ground and air space she occupies simultaneously via Float.

KM's Peach has winning records over six different Diddy Kong players from around the country. This translates to roughly being 85-9 in sheer numbers. LOL.

2. Snake

Of all of these difficult match-ups, this is the one that I feel I know the best, due to my sheer exposure to a litany of play-styles over the last year. Snake is arguably the only character in the game who effectively camp long-range in order to force approaches from most of the cast, while at the same time discouraging engagement with his generally superior close-quarters contact game.

A Snake player that correctly balances both these sensibilities becomes the ultimate fortress - not only are you being forced to make initial contact, but you are also pressured into doing so in way that he can dictate and punish with his high-priority ground attacks. To make dire matters worse, Snake is one of the heaviest characters in the game; proper DI can increase his stock longevity by at least twofold. These are all disadvantages that Diddys everywhere will be forced to sidestep in order to make a gratingly irritating match-up somewhat doable.

3. Wario

Wario is actually an amazing character who is an interesting amalgam of high mobility, generally fast attacks and high KO capability. His eccentric move set let's him seamlessly weave in and out of a powerful mix-up of defensive and offensive options, often making it something of a chore to zone him at all. He has the potential of being one of the most unique and dynamic characters in the game, and is very worthy of a tier list promotion that he is on the cusp of receiving by the time v3.0 rolls around.

Unfortunately, this is not how top players have decided to develop his meta-game.

Wario is probably, hands down, the most tedious, mind-****ingly annoying character of all of Diddy's match-ups. Whether or not I walk away with the victory in this match-up is usually a coin flip, but I will always unmistakably loathe the sheer amount of boredom that I am stricken with every time I have to deal with him.

Someone, anyone out there with a set of balls and a penchant for excitement, pleeeease rewrite his meta-game.

4. Toon Link

This match-up makes me sad because I still have no experience here, despite having played Toon Link twice in tournament. I only get to see my boy Santi maybe once or twice on a bi-monthly basis, and he still usually beats the pants off of me. This, besides the Peach match-up, will probably feature minority consensus, as the only reason I consider it tough is because I still have no idea what to do. I will be reviewing Gness/Jerm and NL/Jash videos until something clicks.

5. Lucario

Lucario boasts a great combination of fast, useful tilts, powerful smashes, and an aerial superiority paralleled by only a scant handful of others; many of these options' range and priority are augmented by the fact that they are disjointed attacks. To exacerbate matters, Aura damage stackers increase his capacity for KOs which is proportionate to the damage he accrues. This also has the nice added bonus effect of voiding out any potential issues he may have with move decay otherwise. Proper DI manipulates his heavier-than-normal stature and allows him to live to ridiculous, confidence-shattering percentages, which is pretty much the worst type of Lucario to deal with under any circumstances.

He also has deceivingly large grab ranges on many of his aerial attacks, has a decently useful glide-toss and the ability to reverse single dribble.

I'm convinced that if Lucario had some sort of hit box on Extreme Speed, he would instantly become one of the most unstoppable forces in competitive play.
Thoughts? What are your personal worst Top 5 match-ups?

rvkevin

Smash Lord
Top 5 worst matchups for me: Falco, Toon Link, MK/Lucario, DDD.
Note: I have never played a Luigi player.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Here are my top five...

1. Luigi

I think this match-up speaks for itself really. Not only is there a huge lack of Luigi mains in the midwest, Luigi just does really well against Diddy. I think with time and more practice my opinion on this match up will drastically change, just like my opinion on the Marth match up.

2. Falco

This kind of follows suit with Luigi but I seem to do a lot better against Falco than I do against Falco. I still have to get used to mixing up my approaches and learning everything Falco can do. I'd always been under the impression that Falco is really, really easy to gimp but I'm finding it increasingly harder to get Falco off stage, and even when I get him offstage I'm finding it harder to get him under the stage opposed to over it.

3. Wario I'm just going to leave everything Thien wrote because I agree

Wario is probably, hands down, the most tedious, mind-****ingly annoying character of all of Diddy's match-ups. Whether or not I walk away with the victory in this match-up is usually a coin flip, but I will always unmistakably loathe the sheer amount of boredom that I am stricken with every time I have to deal with him.

Someone, anyone out there with a set of balls and a penchant for excitement, pleeeease rewrite his meta-game.
    Wario's play style in my opinion directly contradicts Diddy's in the sense that it's air camping vs. ground control. Affinity picked this character up about a month ago and he is definitely the most annoying character to go against.

4. Lucario

Lucario's ability to gain banana control with aerials is good. His ability to kill as well as survive is really, really good. Although I think his recovery blows chunks, that is one of the only flaws in his meta-game. If I had to word it it would be, I hate how when Lucario comes closer to dying, it's also the closer I come to dying.

5. Olimar

I. Hate. Grabs. That sums up this match-up.

I'll come back and add to this later, or possibly change it. I just got done working out and I don't feel like neither thinking nor typing.
Thoughts? What are your personal worst Top 5 match-ups?

pastaboy

Smash Champion
HANSON i see we have opposite opinions of the wario match-up, i find them fun to fight and probobly one of the most interesting charcters to watch in the this game. It find it fun because of all the arial combat that goes on

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
HANSON i see we have opposite opinions of the wario match-up, i find them fun to fight and probobly one of the most interesting charcters to watch in the this game. It find it fun because of all the arial combat that goes on
The only exciting Warios I have ever fought in my life have been MalcolmM and Bassem. DMG was actually really aggressive against me in the handful of friendlies we had earlier this year. Other than that, every Wario that I have subsequently played or watched in a video has been a snore-fest. If Diddy Kong knows the match-up (I'm still slowly learning to exploit specific tactics) and a Wario player senses he cannot win on the ground, an effort to time out the clock suddenly ensues.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
The only exciting Warios I have ever fought in my life have been MalcolmM and Bassem. DMG was actually really aggressive against me in the handful of friendlies we had earlier this year. Other than that, every Wario that I have subsequently played or watched in a video has been a snore-fest. If Diddy Kong knows the match-up (I'm still slowly learning to exploit specific tactics) and a Wario player senses he cannot win on the ground, an effort to time out the clock suddenly ensues.
I'm going to make Falco your #2 within the next 6 months. Guaranteed.

Nitrix

Smash Ace
:urg:I have a really hard time putting my toughest matchups in any sort of order, so I will just post which characters give me a really hard time.

Luigi

: His aerials are too good! Especially the N-Air, which has a rediculous amount of priority and power for an attack that stays out that long. Not only does it kill, but it also makes him very tricky for me to combo. Add to that more powerful aerials, annoying fireballs and suprisingly powerful F-Smashes and you have a character that is definately a tough matchup. Usually I have to utilize peanuts, U-Smashes and F-Airs if I want any chance. However, I've never played a pro Luigi and I think that a Luigi with any real Diddy experience would be able to steamroll.

Marth

: It feels like the only thing Diddy has in this matchup is bananas. Marth outranges him in so many ways, and Diddy can't really gimp him at all. Thus, Bananas are the last resort and hopefully the way to victory. Sadly, bananas are a harsh mistress and in order to win this matchup Diddy must work VERY hard to keep the Marth off-balance and under pressure. Since Marth is such an aerial character with powerful spacing tools, he can easily punish Diddy if one single mistake is made. Honestly, this is one of only 2 Diddy matchups that feel incredibly tough to me. It feels like Marth has so many edges on Diddy and all Diddy has to keep up is a silly little item.

Snake

: Snake feels like he doesn't belong in Brawl. Before Snake I thought that if a character was heavy, then they were supposed to also be slow. Snake rewrites this old trend and ends up being a character that lives way too long, camps well and to top all of this off, can kill early with a rediculous tilt game. In a sense I see parallels between Diddy and Snake, since they both rely on stage control so much. The only difference is that it seems Diddy got speed and quick aerials while Snake got a heavy weight and incredibl power. This makes Snake a much more safe and forgiving character in terms of mistakes made. Both characters benefit from consistency, but in ths matchup Diddy gets punished much harder than Snake does. Thus, this matchup is very tough because Diddy has to overcome Snake's ground game, and get Snake to a rediculous percent before finally landing the killing blow. Keep in mind that a single U-Tilt kills at 100% :urg:

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I think Snake is a hard matchup for Diddy, but not #2.

I'm fairly sure Luigi is going to be in the top 5 worst.

Wario might be but Diddy does surprisingly well against him (compared to other characters in the cast, few of whom have any advantage on Wario).

Gnes

Smash Master
Hanson...i 3 stocked 3000's D3 at Pnt this saturday(no swat since ride bailed)...It was amazing i could have made a combo video with that vid lol.

**** snake. If he camps i just don't understand how diddy can win. Its so frustrating.

Top Bottom