• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Favorite Anime

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cardcaptor Sakura (not to be confused with Cardcaptors) is actually pretty good. Most magical girl type animes tend to be with a flowing plot.

I honestly can't think of an anime that was genuinely bad, though I really don't like any incarnations of Yu-gi-oh! or Pokemon.

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
I hate shows about little creatures that go through a metamorphasis stage and are forced to battle one another and shows about about a kid who plays with a pice of cardboard to save the world.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Abra abra cadabra. I wanna reach out and grab ya!
Prince of Tennis pisses me off. It's not that I don't like the game (I've been playing tennis for years), it's just that the show is so boring. It's also one of the few times where I feel absolutely no emotion towards the main character. All he does is walk around and be a doosh all day. He doesn't even treat people like human beings.

Not to mention that they almost never miss a shot. How frikin realistic is that?

A_mArIo

Smash Cadet
Lets not forget the show about spinning tops that take forever to stop spinning and have pointless pictures in the middle that somehow afeect the top...I hate this more than pokemon and yugioh. How could I forget?

Sandy

Smash Champion
Lets not forget the show about spinning tops that take forever to stop spinning and have pointless pictures in the middle that somehow afeect the top...I hate this more than pokemon and yugioh. How could I forget?
Ah, yes Beyblade. How could've I forgot?

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Bey Blades LMAO! i can still remember how nerdy everyone looked when they bought those bey blade toys and actually duel with them -_-

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
Beyblade was popular for exactly two weeks at my school, and those two weeks happened to fall on my birthday, so everyone bought me bey blade stuff (even though I didn't want it). A couple of days later, the fad died.

Beyblade ruined my birthday. I will never forgive it for that.

Zink

Smash Champion
Naruto, ugh... not only do they not have personalities, but they don't have personalities for 200 episodes of filler!

Link-NY

Smash Ace
Beyblade was popular for exactly two weeks at my school, and those two weeks happened to fall on my birthday, so everyone bought me bey blade stuff (even though I didn't want it). A couple of days later, the fad died.

Beyblade ruined my birthday. I will never forgive it for that.
>=P bey blades will haunt your b-day for the rest of your life + its disrespectfull to get rid of any of your b-day presents XD~
Naruto, ugh... not only do they not have personalities, but they don't have personalities for 200 episodes of filler!
wtf? no personalities? how?

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
ok first who ever said dbz bleach and INUYASHA are ******* full metal, yu-yu hacushow sucks not inuyasha and dbz

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
Since I last posted in topic I've seen a few of the shows mentioned.
Inuyasha was stupid. The fight scenes weren't even as good as Dragon Ball's, and the "humor" between the girl and that guy with long white hair was something I could have written in eigth grade. Plus the plot was horrible. It wasn't a terrible show, but it was pretty darn bad. I'd rank it close to Naruto standards.

The Prince of Tennis has the most annoying main character I have ever seen. He's a punk and a jerk to everyone around him. Demoncaterpie said it perfectly. I was in China last month and couldn't believe how popular the show was. It made me die a little on the inside.

Plasmawisp, FLCL is one of the best anime I have ever seen, but I understand perfectly why you hate it when you say it was "nonsense". You either hate it or love it, I guess.

I only saw one episode of Elfen Lied. Bleck. All it was was mindless blood splattering and nudity. Anyone like this who's pasted puberty? >_>

I'd like to throw in Paranoia Agent into the list of terrible anime. I cant believe so many people like this show. There was only a single likable character out of the whole series, and he barely gets any screen time. Everyone else was either a prick or a moron. I had high expectations for this show too.

Oh, and Oran High School SUCKED! :(

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
My least favorite anime is Gravitation, for obvious reasons. I feel unconfortable when people even mention it to me.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I don't care so much for Naruto, or those over the top random animes like Bo-bo (I'm not even going to try to get that right. XD), and FLCL.

Why would anybody hate Ouran High School Host Club? :(

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I don't care so much for Naruto, or those over the top random animes like Bo-bo (I'm not even going to try to get that right. XD), and FLCL.
Don't forget Shin Chan and Super Milk Chan. Seriously, what are people on when they write these things?

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
I agree with everything you said commonyoshi, except about Paranoia Agent. It's easily my favorite anime of all time.

And Plasmawisp, Shin-chan is one of the funniest shows I've ever seen. Even my friend who hates all anime thought the show was amazing.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya has been getting a lot of buzz recently, but every time I try to watch it I can't help but vomit. That show's just bad...period.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
NARUTO.
It's not that the show is uber bad, it's that the fans (Read: Narutards) make me hate the show.
"BELIEVE IT"
The "narutards", as you call them are probably all 6 to 14 year olds who follow the English episodes with the corny voice actors.

Us real Naruto fans are the ones who've seen every Japanese episode, read the manga, and have seen every fight. In all, it's pretty decent if you give it a chance

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
I like naruto. I watch mostly the jappanese versions and am not a narutard. Sadly, my freinds are. OMG THEY COLLECT THE BLANKING TRADING CARDS! It's annoying, I cant watch all the ones on the computer becuase I have dial and cant watch videos. My freinds know that, and still:

My freind: "Yo, do you even know who ______maru is?"

Me: "No, my internet is-"

My freind: "Oh Cmon man, you don't know anything!"

Uhhhggg that gets really annoying. And to say that the characters don't have personality is just not true.

demoncaterpie

Smash Champion
I watch Naruto in English. Subtitles give me headaches:(

I guess that makes me a Narutard:)

I don't think it's that bad of a show. Yes, people tell me it's soooooooo much better in Japanese, but I'm having a great time watching them on Cartoon Network. I like the character of Naruto, though I personally can't stand Saskue (or however you spell his name).

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
I watch Naruto in English. Subtitles give me headaches:(

I guess that makes me a Narutard:)

I don't think it's that bad of a show. Yes, people tell me it's soooooooo much better in Japanese, but I'm having a great time watching them on Cartoon Network. I like the character of Naruto, though I personally can't stand Saskue (or however you spell his name).
It's Sasuke:) (I'm a Narutard)

Mr.Lombardi34

Smash Ace
Ok now that two people admited it I guess I can too. I watch it in english and enjoy, but that was the only lie. :embarrass:embarrass:embarrass

Anyways, I like naruto, he avoided the stereo type. Sasuke...I don't really care for him. All the 6-9 year olds think his is amazing...just like mewtoo in smash.
Sakura isn't too bad. I like how she shows the contrast between what she says and what she thinks. I won't give opinions on any others, but my favorite is Shikamaru. He is cool.

twins506

Smash Rookie
I dont really care for one piece . i watched some of the dubbed ones and i really just couldn't stand it. some of my friends tell me to give the japanese ones a fair shot but it's so hard to sit down and watch em now.

Luke Groundwalker

Smash Lord
For mainstream stuff, I'll just go with Naruto, Bleach, Death Note, Dragon Ball Z (well, everything after the Frieza saga, at least), and some others I don't feel like thinking of. But yeah, those are pretty terrible overall.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
InuYasha for me, hands down. Mediocre fight scenes, barely any character development, and it's the same crap after the first 10 episodes...Oh, and I forgot to mention, in the anime, Naraku never even dies. -.- How do you go through an entire anime and not end it?! Sure, the Manga is still going on, but this is about anime...So yeah...

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
Us real Naruto fans are the ones who've seen every Japanese episode, read the manga, and have seen every fight. In all, it's pretty decent if you give it a chance
I'm not sure why downloading the episodes rather than watching them on television makes you a "real Naruto fan." Personally, I find that kind of attitude more annoying than anything the young kids who watch it on Cartoon Network do.

I'm not doubting that you are a true Naruto fan, but I am saying that it's stupid to place yourself above the people who watch it on Cartoon Network.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I haven't watched any anime in about 2 years, but I remember that back when I was really into Naruto/One Piece, these shows had some surprisingly touching, if a bit contrived, moments.

Yeah, these sorts of "mainstream" shows have mostly jumped the shark, but let's not forget they were once pretty good; that's how they got popular in the first place.

Top Bottom