• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Least Favorite, So Far

AsbestosBlatant

Smash Journeyman
Huh, this should be something different. If not, I give this thread as a late Christmas gift to the lock-happiest mod out there.

Out of all the characters revealed so far, who's your absolute least favorite? Tell us why, too! Are they a bit too ugly? Do you not like the character? The series? The way they look? You have to have ONE character that you don't like as much as the rest, even if you still like him/her.

I mean... of course the characters are all great, but just pick one, for fun.
(be civil)

Mine is proooobably Diddy. I just don't like him in any of his games, monkeys kinda freak me out.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
I don't like Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong as much. Sure, their games were fun (haven't played them that much though, but what I saw was fun), but it's probably because I don't like apes o_O Or because I couldn't get used to playing him in Melee. >_> Diddy Kong I might like, he's quick and nimble (yeah, reference to the DK Rap, sue me), but DK I don't like _as much_ as other characters. Doesn't mean I hate him though. I know he also plays a vital part and he belongs to quite a big franchise, but he just doesn't do it for me...

Don't know if that's reason enough to not like him as much...

Pluvius

Smash Journeyman
I don't like Lucas because his art style has the proportions of something a 5 year old drew, his game series is boring based on what I played of Earthbound, & I can only presume he'll control like Ness, the worst character in both Smash Bros. & Melee.

antimatter

Smash Lord
snake, because he isnt exactly someone i'd expect to see in a smash game. too real looking. also zss, because she only fought once in a game, and wasn't even able to kill a space pirate.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
Sheik should have been an assist trophy. Hopefully she gets toned down a little bit this time around.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
I'd have to say King Dedede. He's just fat. Meaning he's slow and I don't like how he looks at all. I wouldn't even want to play him for fun, even if he turned out to be a higher tier character which I highly doubt he is. Just don't like him.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Are you really sure anything good can come out of this thread?

Though I do finally get to see that there are others who dislike Diddy. He's just so very... uninteresting... the best thing I can find in him is that he makes monkey sounds.

I'd list Sheik here, but she managed to appease me for now... until she's shown to be stronger than Zelda again. When that happens, shoot to kill.

I guess I can accept any character as long as they have an interesting design and personality...

Of course, Jigglypuff has got to win the prize for the least interesting design in the history of the series, but at least her moveset has a unique "kill or be killed" style.

Anyway, I'm rambling.
I'll just... come back here once Captain Falcon is revealed. Until then, I shall practice my most beautiful middle-finger-at-the-screen poses.

I don't like Lucas because his art style has the proportions of something a 5 year old drew, his game series is boring based on what I played of Earthbound, & I can only presume he'll control like Ness, the worst character in both Smash Bros. & Melee.
o_o

Ice Climbers, I don't like eskimos
o_0

Lecto2007

Smash Lord
Ice Climbers are just terrible i mean i hated them in melee and now they havent even released another game and they seem to automatically snag a spot for brawl, Heartbreacking.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
So much Diddy hate, I am disgusted!

Lucas looks bad, Zero Suit Samus...I'd rather just play as normal Samus...

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Dedede or Lucas.

I've beaten Mother 2, but it wasn't enough to get me into the series. I just don't like it. And since I kinda got bored with RPGs lately, I probably never will play Mother3.

Dedede. I used to support him but then I changed my mind. I hate it when they overcrowd franchises.

mike_mr25

Smash Cadet
I don't like sheik either but she's more like a complement of zelda, well... kind of... uhmm... she's not part of twilight zelda though, come to think of it why is sheik back?

but I would take sheik any day instead of lucas, oh, how I hate him, I'll hate him even more when it is finally revealed once and for all that he replaced ness who is way cooler.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
Lucas and Ice Climbers

Lucas, because I've never played Mother. I've played every other series that has a playable character. However, I didn't play the Fire Emblem starring Ike till recently. But Ike looks badass, you don't have to play his game to think he looks awesome. Lucas...not so much, it's hard to appreciate him without playing his games.

Ice Climbers, In my honest opinion they don't deserve a playable character slot. They're only in the game because of Sakurai's bias, he really liked them. Their game isn't anything special, in fact I disliked it. It wasn't important to Nintendo or Gaming. The only reason they got in is because Sakurai liked them and Melee didn't have AT. because they would have been much better suited for AT then a playable character.

That said I don't hate either of those characters, just if I had to choose two I like less then everyone else it would be those two. Probably Ice Climbers more than Lucas.

Igneous42

Smash Ace
snake, because he isnt exactly someone i'd expect to see in a smash game. too real looking. also zss, because she only fought once in a game, and wasn't even able to kill a space pirate.
Zamus would bother me more if she were her own character, but since she's a part of Samus I'm fine with it.

Aguasatori

Smash Journeyman
Lucas: Something about Sakurai letting gamers bit the **** out of a little boy disturbs me... and makes me laugh hysterically at the same time.

Ice Climbers: They're WAAAAAAY too umimportant. Many people didn't know who they were when Melee came out and now they're in Brawl. How uncool.

otter

Smash Ace
Diddy, he has absolutely no "coolness factor". How get you get hyped to play as a little annoying monkey?

Reyairia

Smash Champion
I dislike that there seems to be no stamina system with Zelda/Sheik, I kind of find it unfair to both Pokemon Trainer and Zelda.
Other than that, I don't really care what character gets confirmed so long as Ridley is playable.

Terrabottuti

Smash Journeyman
Ike. He just seems very generic to me, even though he's actually a really heavy fighter... I suppose it can't really be helped though, there usually isn't that much difference in Fire Emblem character designs and I suppose I could be jaded after the whole anime swordsman thing just got insane after Final Fantasy 7... does it also help that I think he could just be the new Roy, as in a slower, powerful fighter who advertises a more recent Fire Emblem game? (Yes, I do think Marth is coming back)

Now I actually like Lucas, a lot, but I can understand why there will be a LOT of haters for that little guy... the MOTHER series is a very strange one, and then there's the fans themselves who don't like the idea of Ness being replaced. Then there's the people who just didn't really like Ness's style in the Smash games, I guess.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I seriously thought that the worst character on the game was Ike just because I just don't see why he's so slow.

Then it happened...

Olimar confirmed.

Worst. Character. Ever.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
As of right now, it'd be between Wario and Dedede for me. Nothing against Wario as a character, just his execution. Why would they choose to go with pulling a moveset out of their ***** based on the Warioware series when they already had a solid moveset provided by the Wario Land series. It pains me to think that its faddish Warioware games, not the enduring classic Wario Land titles, of which Wario is now associated with? What ever happened to bully that taught us that "Greed is Good"? This flatulent-packing sloucher is an impostor, I say! As for Dedede, I knew he'd be in regardless of what I thought of him and I can accept Sakurai wanting to feature his own creations, but I still think that the ultimate underachiever of videogame antagonists wasn't a good addition on the roster, especially considering we already had the far better series antagonist/antihero character, Metaknight, as playable.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
I couldn't say I hate Ike, but I think I'd be cool but I never played any FE games. The reason I dislike him is because he's too slow, and be afraid he'd be mauled by pretty much anyone like Sonic.

I don't like Lucas so much because I played Mother 2 here in the US and I miss Ness. However, if they have Ness back I'd like Ness to have a new moveset which includes PK Teleport as his up air special, so he wouldn't fall down so much, and keep PK Flash. Lucas can keep the old moveset he has now. Having both Lucas and Ness would be great though.

ForteX

Smash Journeyman
I don't really like Wario's execution myself, they've made him out to look like such a ****** XD But he's not instantly my least favorite character. To be honest I hate the fact that they brought back the Ice Climbers... nothing could have possibly changed for the better aside from maybe Nana's AI getting better, which doesn't seem all to likely.

Smash-X

Smash Rookie
I was very disappointed when Melee was released and Wario & Diddy Kong were not in. I could't understand how they could have all those less important characters like Pichu or Dr.Mario over those two. Now they have both in brawl and Diddy is perfect but Wario is not the Wario i wanted how could he not have shoulder charge and his othere classic Wario Land special attacks? He was only saved by the Wario Overalls update otherwise he would be the worst character so far for me in brawl. Now the worst for me so far is Lucas, i like Ness just much more and i don't want Lucas to replace him.

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
Oh, wow. Just where are all those Sonic haters? :p It's funny, although there still are some, that a few got warmed over during his video and music. It's exactly what Sonic stands for besides speed: Way past cool. :)

Least favorite character.......... hmmmm.......
I can't say I have a least favorite character. I like them all. At first I didn't like Snake cause I thought he was waaay, way way too realistic (well, especially with that picture of him and Ike), but now I like him.

Thank god Petey isn't playable. I still don't like that thing at all.

If I had to pick ONE, it might be Lucas. Ness is cooler. Step aside, Owen-Wilson-Without-Crooked-Nose!

If he has yoyos, I'm gonna be....................... well, I would say rather angry, but Lucas still seems ok. Ness was great though...

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
i'd have to say snake, i just dont see the need, and there could be a much better 3rd party rep

but he does seem like a very unique character

Night Avenger

Smash Journeyman
I like most of them. I don't dislike any of them. XD But hmm my least favorite I've got to say is Peach. I dunno why, I don't like her.

Top Bottom