• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge battles

do you know what a ledge battle is? do you ledge battle?

• Total voters

midna.

Smash Cadet
Not sure if anyone else does this but me and my brother have come up with a really fun way of battling, we called it ledge battling. So what is ledge battling? its basically a battle in the air- on the sides of a neutral level, without touching land whatsoever, well... maybye for like 3 seconds at the most, anyways whenever we do a ledge battle we always be characters that can use a down smash that hits you down so fast it kills you nearly instantly, for example: captain falcons B across(in the air) or ikes down A smash anyways, its a fun way to practice and its pretty thrilling, if you havent trying it, try it! or have you tried it? whats your thoughts on edge battles?

Frogman751

Smash Cadet
"b across" and "down a smash" are not moves that are in brawl
either its that or...
You are having trouble expressing what you want to say because you lack the proper terminology.

In either case you sound like an idiot and im sorry if im being harsh but this is the one thing that pisses me off the most... When somebody starts talking about moves in a smash game and they just throw out the word smash and other jargon so that they think what theyre saying is correct when in reality youre nowhere close and you just sound stupid. Nobody knows what youre saying dude, please learn youre terminology before you make yourself look bad. All of the info you need is right here on the boards.

TL;DR
Do your research before you open your mouth.

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
either its that or...
You are having trouble expressing what you want to say because you lack the proper terminology.

In either case you sound like an idiot and im sorry if im being harsh but this is the one thing that pisses me off the most... When somebody starts talking about moves in a smash game and they just throw out the word smash and other jargon so that they think what theyre saying is correct when in reality youre nowhere close and you just sound stupid. Nobody knows what youre saying dude, please learn youre terminology before you make yourself look bad. All of the info you need is right here on the boards.

TL;DR
Calm your balls bro, she's just a 14yo girl. Besides, who cares what other people call moves. If it irritates you so much just move on and ignore the thread.

midna.

Smash Cadet
either its that or...

TL;DR
you know frogman.. you're right. You're right if i didn't go outside and have a life besides one singular insignificant video game, i do other stuff to besides looking up the proper terminology of moves on a video game that i play as a little as the time that get when i come home from school, i think you're confusing reality with video games here because i really don't have time to study the terminology of moves from a video game.

don't be a noob and look up the terminology of a move before you open your mouth, you sound like the biggest nerd (not saying you are)

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Nobody knows what youre saying dude, please learn youre terminology before you make yourself look bad.

Much inviting. So politeness. Wow.

While I was slightly confused at first glance, there is no lack in clarity in what was said. Obviously she's talking about aerials that spike, mentioning Falcon's Forward Special (Raptor Boost) and Ike's Down Aerial (Dair). Even if you were confused at the mention of Down Smash, the fact that these battles are taking place on the ledge is clear indication that the move in question is Dair.

Like seriously, relax.

As for the topic at hand, I don't play games with the intention of ledge combat being the only way to fight, although I have been in plenty of situations where my friends and I have alternated ledge grabs trying to spike each other. It gets pretty hilarious. I also try to go for Footstools or things like Mario's Cape.

I friggin' love offstage play in this game.

midna.

Smash Cadet
Much inviting. So politeness. Wow.

While I was slightly confused at first glance, there is no lack in clarity in what was said. Obviously she's talking about aerials that spike, mentioning Falcon's Forward Special (Raptor Boost) and Ike's Down Aerial (Dair). Even if you were confused at the mention of Down Smash, the fact that these battles are taking place on the ledge is clear indication that the move in question is Dair.

Like seriously, relax.

As for the topic at hand, I don't play games with the intention of ledge combat being the only way to fight, although I have been in plenty of situations where my friends and I have alternated ledge grabs trying to spike each other. It gets pretty hilarious. I also try to go for Footstools or things like Mario's Cape.

I friggin' love offstage play in this game.
well at least there was only one rager... i thought it a lot of people would be criticizing my terminology and that would just be pretty sad the amount of people that take a game that seriously, and the thing is i actually thought those were the real names, thanks :) i guess Ive become the official noob kid in the eyes of many.

man i love footstools, they don't know what hit them until after they died. I see what you mean about not centering single battles with ledge battles but i guess everyone has there own idea of fun. its not like i doo ledge battles 24/7 though

oh and by the way, how do you guys know I'm a girl? i thought it doesn't show any details unless you're friends? i thought wrong huh...

Metalbro

ILikePirates
NNID
SwiftJaws
Switch FC
SW-4480-4128-0819
oh and by the way, how do you guys know I'm a girl? i thought it doesn't show any details unless you're friends? i thought wrong huh...
You can set your personal info in your settings. Dont forget to click save settings, otherwise just clicking your name will show your personal details.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Off stage battles are always fun. Me and Pane used to call it spike wars. We would basically try to kill each other only with a spike. Killing normally doesn't count so at times we would be above 200% because we didn't wanna kill each other. Fun stuff.

midna.

Smash Cadet
You can set your personal info in your settings. Dont forget to click save settings, otherwise just clicking your name will show your personal details.

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I've never had an entire fight focusing on battling on the edge, but when playing my friends I'll often force the battle there and watch them get frustrated as I simply won't let them get back on the stage (Link has no spike so I can't just finish it quickly). The best part is they play characters that have spikes and/or strong offstage games but just can't seem to get the kill.

link2702

Smash Champion
I've often came up with...."unique" ways of fighting when i'm bored.

of course no one i know locally plays smash or even anything nintendo related(they'd rather play the next generic post-apocalyptic shooter that looks the same as the last 100) so i've often had to resort to trying to convince other players online to face me in the matches

sadly this isn't always successful....

Top Bottom