• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge Cancelled sing to rest

SuperToughPinkPuff

Smash Cadet
As the title suggests I'm posting this because I am not sure if this technique's viability (or lack thereof) has been discussed.

The specific situation im curious about is:

-Jiggs gets knocked off stage (Surprise)

-You recover to the ledge

-You Ledgehop to sing your opponet guarding you

-Then after the ledge cancel, jump up and ownage with rest U tilt etc.

I guess the main question is would this ever work in real play.

HT F8

Hostile Takeover
Mango does ledge cancelled sing to rollout in Boxtag of Fruit.

Um generally sing is not a good move at all, and unless they're at high % they can button mash to wake up quickly...

So in other words... don't depend on it at all, but throw it in maybe once a set if you want.

I don't use it in seriouslies.

FlipNRed

Smash Apprentice
I ran a few searches in the melee forum and jiggly forums, but no cigar so I thought I'd bring it up. When Jigglypuff lands a ledge hopped sing, the opponent sleeps and the lag from the move is canceled by the ledge. Normally, one can land an easy rest sending the opponent flying in the direction of the aforementioned ledge, but however, one can continue to ledge hop sing to continuously and indefinitely reset the sleep effect regardless of the opponent's %, rendering the move inescapeable. Is this legal? And is this legitimate?

Landing one can be arguably difficult and situational, and in fact it is entirely punishable by definition of it being a ledge hopped move. It is also not entirely a stall by itself, considering that it is also a set up for a deadly rest, or pound + aerials, or in teams for a teammate's move of choice. How is this in comparison to wobbling?

Just recently I saw a tournament match between a Falco and a Jigglypuff where the Falco for eight minutes laser camped, and b.air spammed, and then stalled until the timer ran out for the reason that he did not fare well in the match up and he went on to place 7th, conquering some pros along the way. He very easily could have ended his run prematurely at this point had he not reverted to this tactic, in addition to being incredibly lucky during his opponent's counterpick. Would it be any worse if the Jiggly chose to camp at the ledge in such a manner to avoid the lasers and b.airs? And if he landed a sing, to stall? Even for thirty seconds? Is it because the Falco requires more skill and work or it's counterable? Any opinions on anything I've brought up would be greatly appreciated.
LOL yeah if you're playing M2K or something, Up Throw-> Rest, then somehow mindgame him into falling asleep at the ledge, repeat ad nauseam till time runs out ta da victory!

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
would it work: not really, nobody stands that close to the edge. puff usually will fair/bair with invincibility you if you are.

that being said, killaor used to do it, and i did it in friendlies at the last tournament i was at lol

Mokumo

Smash Ace
i did it once against one of my friends. except that hes a total newb, and i never play as jigglypuff (and im not that good anyway). I suppose it's possible, especially because i did it on him, but it's totally possible that he just didn't shield or something when he was supposed to.

bolt.

Smash Ace
I did this by accident messing around waiting for my friend to get back from the bathroom, then pulled it on him in a match. It feels really nice when its successful, but most the time I end up flying off the stage. Lol.

Top Bottom