• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge recovery footstool

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
This is important for other characters as well, but I wanted to get it here first and get some feedback.

First, if this is unknown, I will explain. When you are on a ledge, you can do an immediate footstool off an opponant. The two ways to press jump off the edge, DI towards your opponant, and press jump again. This is obvious. The second and more usefull way, is to press jump 3 times quickly (2 would probably work, but 3 seems to space it perfectly)

There is two resons this is so important. First, it spaces R.O.B (and others) perfectly for a downsmash. Second, there seems to be invincibility frames during it. If done right, you appear to swing up a little bit, and immediatly appear after the footstool. I have gone through Fox's downsmash doing this. I haven't tried with any other characters, so if anyone has any input, let me know. Otherwise, I will test it this weekend.

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
I dont have any way to upload the video. If anyone wants me to send it to you, I will make one tomorrow.

T0MMY

Smash Master
OMG, Footstool from ledge?
Welcome to the first day everyone played Brawl!

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
I'm glad that some douchebag from oregon has the time to scan every thread for a chance to make a smart *** comment. Is that all you have to do out there? Cant even farm in that **** hole you call a state.

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
thats good find i guess...since i never actually thought of doing that, so it helps. Also, i realized if some1 is recovering to the stage if u Bair them and they get hit by the boosters against the stage and bounce off, they can get hit right below u - so close u can footstool. It looks So Pro.

KhannKlan

Smash Cadet
Cant even farm in that...state.
BUUURNN!!!!!

I'm sorry, but it had to be said. Always good to point out the obvious for people who don't know but I'd put this in general discussion, not a specific forum although this does help ROB some.

Wow, you sir made my day, hope you don't mind being laughed at.

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
BUUURNN!!!!!

I'm sorry, but it had to be said. Always good to point out the obvious for people who don't know but I'd put this in general discussion, not a specific forum although this does help ROB some.

Wow, you sir made my day, hope you don't mind being laughed at.
I just thought I'd post it here on home terf first for some discussion. Apparantly its not obvious, since nowhere on the boards have I see anything about it and its invincibilitiy frames. on the boards Just trying to be helpful.

T0MMY

Smash Master
The best you could come up with is that Oregon has no farms?
Farming isn't the focus of our state, but we've got such a beautiful west-coast climate food will grow here without the need for agriculture, but just to finish this:

Farm Characteristics 2002 Census of Agriculture

Total land area (million acres): 61.44
Total farmland (million acres): 17.08
Percent of total land area: 27.8

Cropland (million acres): 5.42
Percent of total farmland: 31.7

Harvested Cropland (million acres): 3.12
Percent of total farmland: 12.7

Average farm size (acres): 427

Farms by size (percent)
1 to 99 acres: 73.6
100 to 499 acres: 16.1
500 to 999 acres: 3.9
1000 to 1,999 acres: 2.5
2,000 or more acres: 3.9

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
do you mean like when you're on top of the edge and the opponent is grabbing? or when the opponent is trying to recover?

as for T0MMY...
is there something wrong with you? you've been acting aggressive lately since you reappeared...

Extremenerd

Smash Apprentice
do you mean like when you're on top of the edge and the opponent is grabbing? or when the opponent is trying to recover?

as for T0MMY...
is there something wrong with you? you've been acting aggressive lately since you reappeared...
When you are on the edge, and your opponent is trying to edgeguard. Tripple-tap(?) and you will footstool off of him to perfect spacing for dair.

And the fact that he had the time to look up all that crap proves the point that he has nothing better to do.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Uhhh... actually, I didn't even post those. Someone was on my account, and it could have been one of about 30 people.
I actually don't frequent Smashboards very often, as I do all my work on AiB.
But while I'm here, I'll add that you can drop a Gyro on their head, which isn't as good as the obvious D-air, but you can surf on them if you do it right ([^^]

Top Bottom