• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ledge walljumping

Reik

Smash Ace
uber_n00b said:
But Reik, wouldn't that make you use your second jump?
Yes, it does... but it IS instant. I realize it's different from what Doraki did with Fox... but this is an explanation for what he saw.

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
This is a pretty nifty trick, i just went and tried it. took me a minute to figure out but i did it. i personally find more use for it with falcon. though i'd only suggest using his knee or Uair with it. otherwise since you use your second jump your screwed. :laugh: it'll be a while before i'd trust using it in battle but i think this could actually grow on me.

Bakuryu

Smash Ace
with Falco the only way I know how to make him ledge walljump is if im facing away from the stage anyone know a way to do it while facing the stage?

Dalal

Smash Ace
Final Destination - I have been trying to master t
Reik said:
Yes, it does... but it IS instant. I realize it's different from what Doraki did with Fox... but this is an explanation for what he saw.
True, it would be instant, but I think the best feature of Doraki's instant walljump technique is not the time it takes for it to occur, but the fact that you can double jump after you use it. That's what makes it such a good technique.

EDIT: Wait a sec... If this is possible with Fox, you can use the invincibility frames from the walljump to do a shine spike... How is it with Fox?

PrinceZane

INNsomniac
BRoomer
I just found out about this thread... interesting idea and would definitely be cool to save that double jump. I can't test it due I'm at work at the moment, I'm just curious how good this is with Mario. I can see how awesome it would be for cap/falco b/c of falco's down spike and cap's knee/u'air... I've got a few ideas with Mario, but can he do it and/or is it just like the way you guys have explained falco with the smashing opposite way, etc?

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
I didnt read all the posts, but Capt. Falcon is the only one who u can jsut tap away from a flat ledge and instantly wall jump. If u see someoen else do it they r prolly jsut doing the ledge drop wall jump really fast so it looks as if they are instantly walljumping.

I dont think u can walljump while falling, each character has a spesific animaiton where they can do a walljump and its usually before they begin the falling/dropping animaiton

Doraki

Smash Lord
Nigzel said:
i know! flat CF glitch :p :p :p

<__<'
Thanks for the idea.
A 0.8-sized falco can ledgewalljump on FD, So I assume that when you're made short enough you should be able to walljump on any ledge (not only FD)

As for why it's easier to ledgewalljump on flat walls with CF, I have no idea.

Fox can get flashy shine spikes with ledgewalljumps.

OvAkIl

Smash Apprentice
to instant walljump with capt. falcon u have to press back and Y or X ,but wat sux is that he loses his second jump so i dont know if u should call it an instant walljump?????????

edit: UR WELCOME

Scintillatedseed

Smash Journeyman
I'm still having trouble performing this consistnatly. Sometimes it works when I press back while hanigng on the edge and sometimes it doesn't.

Did you say that you ahve to press down and jump back and grab the ledge first, then smash back and it'll do a doraki wall jump? And what levels do you know how to use this on so far? Just FD and Four side? Also, if it's fourside, are there any specifics regions of the area whereu can't do it?

REØ

Smash Lord
OvAkIl said:
to instant walljump with capt. falcon u have to press back and Y or X ,but wat sux is that he loses his second jump so i dont know if u should call it an instant walljump?????????

edit: UR WELCOME
wtf?!?!? that's not how you instant jump with falcon, you didn't even mention a walljump. -_-, I hope you're being sarcastic.

Doraki

Smash Lord
Scintillatedseed said:
Did you say that you ahve to press down and jump back and grab the ledge first, then smash back and it'll do a doraki wall jump?
yes, but sometimes you can do it from other set-ups.

you can do it with smaller chars such as young link or pichu on more stages than just FD.
Long flat walls such as in fourside, hyrule temple and MK 1 and 2 can work too with anyone but it's somewhat different =/

OvAkIl

Smash Apprentice
i dont think u have to press down and jump back up i think u just need to press y or x then at the same time press back

Pneuma

Smash Ace
You are talking bout something different, Ovakil.
This is walljumping from hanging, double jumping, and making it back.

You have to 'prime' the walljump first by sliding up against it and then grabbing with the sweetspot of your double jump (so you don't go over the wall). From there, you slam away and you walljump instantly.

dude225

Smash Apprentice
...i didnt realize this thread was so old... i was reading it and thought to myself, "dont i already know how to do this?"... but then i saw the date and realized this must not have been known until then... (i started in march of '06, so i started when this was old news..) anyway... meaningless post... sorry to waste your time...

OvAkIl

Smash Apprentice
wtf?!?!? that's not how you instant jump with falcon, you didn't even mention a walljump. -_-, I hope you're being sarcastic.
no im not sarcastic...

You are talking bout something different, Ovakil.
This is walljumping from hanging, double jumping, and making it back.

You have to 'prime' the walljump first by sliding up against it and then grabbing with the sweetspot of your double jump (so you don't go over the wall). From there, you slam away and you walljump instantly.
i dunno if u can call it an instant walljump cuz u lose ur second jump but u still walljump from the ledge
y dont u ppl just go to FD wit c.falcon and all u need to do is press back and Y or X simoutaniously a few times and it should work

GaNoNdOrFgUrL

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2853-0620-9258
...i didnt realize this thread was so old... i was reading it and thought to myself, "dont i already know how to do this?"... but then i saw the date and realized this must not have been known until then... (i started in march of '06, so i started when this was old news..) anyway... meaningless post... sorry to waste your time...
yeah i agree with this dude. my thoughts exactly.(and not to mention its a ridiculously easy technique)

I've Jihad It

Smash Lord
ey doraki , ive actually done ledgewalljumping with CF on FD , dream land but ive been doin them aciddently .. and ledgewalljumpin without using the second jump too, i really dont understand CF .. hes got some way though

`Jammin' Jobus

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for this information Doraki,

This whole time I've been 'ledge walljumping', or at least I thought I was, by dropping down, then double jumping, and then smashing away. Because of this inefficient method, the only thing I could do was wall jump shine, which isn't as useful as the techniques shown in your wall jump video. With the real Ledge Wall Jump, I will now be able to preserve my double jump, making it possible to use any aerial while in the air. And for Falco's, you can use the Down + A to spike. You are the best. Thanks for this amazing technique.

I have one question though: When you ledge wall jump, in the video, you'll notice that you are invincible for a short time while performing the wall-jumped aerial. My question is, is this the invincibility from hanging on the ledge, or is it from wall jumping?
you can survive dair with falco even from walljumping after your second jump if you're fast enough and not go too far out.

StellaNova

Smash Journeyman
I can perform the ledge-kick 3/4 times when attempting to replicate it continuously, and I use the same method, dropping down and double jumping into the wall and holding the control stick towards the wall, then after whatever amount of time I wish, quickly flicking the control stick opposite of the wall. It's something I use in competition confidently and I have also found it randomly happening with Captain Falcon, as I do not ever try to ledge-kick with him while edge gaurding. It just happens by mistake when I'm ledge attacking with the nair or fair and it kills me more often than not because I never see it coming.

Top Bottom