• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legacy of Rufus 2 - WI - *CANCELED*

Quaz

Smash Master
looks like its gonna be in Rracine after all.

However its still not a public venue, I couldn't find one. Sorry buffalo Grove, but I can't really look into Wheeling either. (my parents dont even want me driving much right now, so I can't even go down there at the moment, the venue in racine is a house of my good friend so yeah / JOHNS).

Spikes team?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Hey u guys this is urgent...so I want everyone to pay attention please:

My name is Webster, for those that don't know me. This location of the tournament is actually my house. And I have ground rules that I'd like to share.

Quaz, please post this along with the 1st post of this thread.

Okay here we go:

- First and foremost everyone that attends will pay $1 venue/house fee. Now if people have the nerve to ***** about a $1 fee, then don't come. Because it's just $1...LMAO! But this will pay for possible damage of property. 9 times outa 10 accidents happen, and if the wrong thing is broken then who's gonna pay for it? Me...LOL! So this just covers everyone's ***! Does this mean come into my crib and act crazy? Oh hell nah...LOL! But u are allowed to be yhaself and have a good time. And that's all that really matters.

Also, I want to add...half the money will go to my mom. It's kind of the agreement I have to allow this tournament to happen at my house. And it's not much and incredibly cheaper than spending $75 - $100 outa pocket at some random place.

The other half will go back to us...I will probably leave my own house, trust you all in it...and go pick up food. Like drinks (soda) or something. But this is only if I have enough...If I don't then hell I'll ask people to pitch in and if they don't want to then yea, I'ma pocket the money. It seems fair to me...and again it's only $1!

Wheeew...okay now with that out of the way I just have some basic rules:

- everyone must take their shoes off at the door: please try not to have smelly feet. if u do, we are all gonna crack up laughing at u and hopefully it's recored by someone...LMAO!!!
- absolutely NO SMOKING AND/OR DRINKING IN MY HOUSE!!! : you are allowed to smoke outside of the front door. and next to the back door (only if no one is in the kitchen playing games)
- use common house courtesy: don't disrespect others, don't disrespect the house (i.e disruptive behavior that's violent around or towards others), etc. etc...I mean c'mon I trust u guys u can swear and whatever...just use common sense.
- If u don't know something ask.
- Don't ****ing take **** that isn't yours. It's very disrespectful to the moral code of life don't ****ing do it...LOL! I'm serious
- And the final and most important rule...have fun! If u don't then you'll have to deal with me...LOL!

Okay those are the rules, super simple. If anyone has a problem with them...PM me.

Things I just wanted to point out:

- We NEED PEOPLE TO BRING STUFF. In order to have a successful tournament we need everyone's help. So that means PLEASE BRING THE FOLLOWING:

- TV.S
- SYSTEMS
- GAMES
- CONTROLLERS
- POWER STRIPS
- AV AND RF CORDS
- ANYTHING THAT'S RELATIVE TO GAMING BRING IT...LOL

PLEASE BE SURE TO MARK EVERYTHING THAT IS YOUR. I DON'T GIVE A **** IF U HAVE TO PUT YOUR FIRST MIDDLE AND LAST NAME ON THE ****, DO IT...lol!

Okay...that's all I'm gonna say. I love u all, thanks to those thinking about coming. I am willing to house people on Friday and Saturday night. Everyone must be gone on Sunday by 3pm. Maybe later it really depends.

I will not be in the smash tournament. I'll play some casuals...oh and that reminds me:

I plan on having casuals done before and after the tournament. We are going to need every set-up in the house. So please just try to respect that. Money Matches should be done before and after the tournament as well. But then again we can play this all by ear as well. I don't want to sound like a fat ***** with a tight skirt on (annoying...LOL)!!!

Okay that's all I have for now...get hype...LOL!!!

Oh and BTW, where the hell is Tapion?

Devildigimon

Smash Lord
Rufus was Quaz's imaginary bird friend

Also, good to see you back in the Smash world Webster!

Anyone want to team?
Oh man Capt. was goin on man! Thanks!!!

I really hope u guys are able to make it. I am really looking forward to playing brawl if someone has it!!! Cause I am the worst at Melee, and by worst I mean I don't know how to L cancel...LOL!!!

L cancel should stand for "Lose"

Cause every time u do it, your chances of "losing" are more slim each time!!!

But thank the heavens it's not in Brawl. And yes I know that sucks for some tech. reasons! But hey, more easier for me...LOL!!!

Spikes: that pic is the funniest, I have to be honest!!!

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
IL has BigC for Brawl Wii, doubt he'd travel up to Racine... for WI, all I know of is Tapion/Fastest; the later hasn't been seen at a tournament in at least a year (at least I haven't seen/heard of him going to any), and I don't know about Tapion... I wouldn't count on him coming though.

ChronoSquare

Smash Ace
Yeah, I've been going to tournaments for a year now. It was at the end of my first semester as a senior in HS when I saw a class project by Tar made using Melee... it was a Candide project. After that, I ended up meeting Cosmo, and my first tourney was Beezo 5 around Jan 20, 2007... the rest is history.

I don't remember White5 clearly, and I can't say I remember mentioning of Fastest being there... much less seeing him :/

Ethan.

Smash Ace
fastest was at white5, i know because i stayed at tapion's and fastest's apartment the night before.

Zicore

Smash Champion
fastest always came to Marshfield tournies that EoF hosted. Good times. Good times.

Quaz

Smash Master
alright everyone, give me your honest opinion here

How would everyone feel if I pushed this back a week, and then held it at my house? My parents said it would be okay on the 1st of March.. Im just throwing this out there to see if it would get more of an attendence. I can still do the 23rd just fine.

I would have liked to use that venue in wheeling, but I can't do that, sorry Buffalo Grove!

CaptainAwesome

Smash Ace
Yeah, it seems like everyone is bailing out. Maybe a rescheduling is in order.

Let's get it out there. Who can make it on March 1st?

folk!

Smash Apprentice
i just joined ths board, and have been looking for some tournements and stuff like that. anyways i live here in racine and look forward to attending. also i think ill be bring 3 other people(to enter)i can bring a gamecube,game,and 3 controllers.

Top Bottom