• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Leicester smashers where you at!?

rensu89

Smash Cadet
If your living in Leicester or pretty close b and wanna jam with a house of students playing smash all day give us a shout!

rensu89

Smash Cadet
Awsome our house is pretty big student house with 5 double bedrooms were lookin to get some people round we have 3 t.vs at the mo as well . We havnt played with anyone else but our close mates for about a year. Just can't get enough of it! If anyone is interested in a couple days of friendly smashing email me rensu89@gmail.com or reply here. We all think were pretty good so bring it :-)

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Do you play melee or brawl? Some players in that region are better at melee like Bloodbowler, others more so in brawl, like Willz.

Also, I think Willz is going to be hosting the next East Midlands ranbat, which will have both melee and brawl, you should look into going to it.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=204449

Kone

Smash Master
Host a tournament? if you got the space lol go for it ;) best way to get people round and see how good u are!

Kone

Smash Master
leicester lads do u drink or out? being students (am a student) was wondering? lol may tempt some of us to pop thru

rensu89

Smash Cadet
ha do we drink... cause we drink :p mary jane also pops around on a weekly basis... if that temps anyone else :p

cheers for the addies il get in contact soon... and we dont play brawl were not gay fish...

wheres ur place at willz wouldnt mind busting down

add me on facebook or msn

laurence900@hotmail.com

Brado

Smash Lord
Yay leicester smashers. I'm like one of the 4 in Leicester, I'm just adding you on msn, hopefully meet up some time soon.

Kone

Smash Master
Lol good too hear you like Melee the East Midlands needs more Melee players.
If your wondering what East Midlands Melee is like
BloodBowler Vs. Yeniths
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxDRdMhR2ck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoeK1IZqFNg&feature=channel
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHHKbY6nGvw&feature=channel
Not much then :/ . George - there should never been any excuse to allow a peach player to feel comfortable enough to float within your sword range like BB was doing. You were playing far too negatively and a peach shouldn't be able to approach you without a turnip head on head like that. Watch some marth v peach matches to get try understand how you should be spacing/zoning so that doesnt happen.

Tamoo

Smash Master
umm interesting first post there i guess :ohwell:

this rensu guy sounds pretty cool, welcome to the melee scene man

And agree with kone's points, and BB, why aren't you approaching with turnips? thats like the main way of approaching a marth i swear, marth just beats out all her other approaches

Kone

Smash Master
He didnt need to tamoo, that was my point. Yen just wasn't doing any normal marth zoning/abuse of range to prevent BB approaching like that. You are right tho, a peach 'shouldn't' feel so comfortable approaching so recklessley. He wasn't getting punished tho :/

Ren - u guys seem pretty cool. Add me on msn ceddon@hotmail.com and see if we can sort something out to play sometime.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Turnip approaches can usually be beat out with a timed jab. Personally, start simple, find what works then abuse it.

EDIT: Cheers for the PM guys. Have responded. Have nothing to do all day everyday and am always mobile. Details in your inbox.

Kone

Smash Master
Ofc carlton but there your normal way of approaching a marth as using a turnip is safer then not lol. You are right though, your approach was working and yous tuck to it. The advice was more for george as a marth shoudlnt allow that esp. the amount of time you were floating in his range. A good marth would **** any peach that can't smartly approach using turnips as generally your approach is then really really limited.

Kone

Smash Master
I wasn't saying BB wasn't. Just given advice to george, marth should be doing a lot more in that matchup, a peach should be made to work a lot harder ^^

Hoping you guys can get a leicester scene going, that'd be ace!

bentotheji

Smash Rookie
Yo guys, I thought I'd finally introduce myself-I'm Benji...Rensu's house mate.
Nice to hear there's some smashers out there in Leicester!

rensu89

Smash Cadet
hey guys

didnt have a chance to record any videos when b.b came to ours yesterday but its was some good smash ! we are coming for yo!

rensu89

Smash Cadet
kone - we did alright at first he slapped us about a bit but towards the end we were having some good matches he still has one up on us though :p gotta train!!!

willz - ... gayfish yo

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Are these the ppl coming to ur tourney Willz, if so then, NOOOOOO i cant fight vs Falco, ohh well looks like no TOP4 in Melee for me.

Calzum when will you be free so u can acces ur old account, why dont u just ask Aiko to unban you, theres plenty of ppl who r willing to back u up................i think lolol.

miggymogmow

Smash Rookie
easy, i'm dan, ren and ben's flat mate ;O
I'm not in leicester at the moment but i think i'll have to bust down soon because i really need to play smash and i should be down for that tourny later on
Not sure on my main yet, i have been using Young Link lately but i like to bust Peach and Fox sometimes, although i can't let Jiggy go and sometimes like to flex Luigi.

Meg and Snatch (G&W) too although it is a bit long that you can only L cancel his nair and fair and he's just so light...he gets a lot of hate from ren and ben because he's a 2D character ;[

anyway i'll see you boys soon
AT FINAL DESTINATION

Top Bottom