• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lend Me Your Voice

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
So I was thinking about this the other day: if I could have any one's talking voice, whose would it be? I'm not talking about a singing voice or anything musical. Just your regular talking voice.

Now there are a lot of people with extravagant voices, and that may be what you want, but there are also people with voices that just have a certain hint of something in them that makes them desirable.

Now I'm six feet tall and of athletic build and already have a deep voice, so here are a few of the voices that I think would fit me :)

James Earl Jones

Undeniably the man has one of the greatest voices ever. Also, the man was Darth Vader and Mufasa...I don't know much that can top that.

Patrick Stewart

His voice isn't overly strong or deep, but it commands attention and has a nice subtlety to it.

Liam Neeson

He has a somewhat deep yet smooth voice.

So feel free to post whose voice you would like to have :p

Pit 42

Smash Lord
I'd like to have the voice of that one guy who announces movie trailers (he was also on that one Geico commercial). It'd be awesome to just talk and get millions of dollars. :)

Oh, and on a side note, James Earl Jones suffered from a stammer when he was a child that he overcame. Just thought I'd throw that interesting fact out there.

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
oh man. i'd have to go with either steven blum, the voice actor for spike speigel in the english dub of cowboy bebop or david hayter, who is the voice of solid snake. both of them have incredibly bad *** voices. and i am most certainly bad ***. i'm a-number one, the duke of new york.

some other voices i think would be interesting to have:

gilbert gottfried
steve albini of shellac of north america
young sean connery
abraham lincoln (his voice was notoriously high pitched, and it was said that he sounded like a woman when speaking)
cary grant (arguably the classiest sounding speaker ever. my god i would woo so many women if i had his voice)
humphrey bogart
peter lorre

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
And I'd love people who don't complain about the topic, but that isn't going to happen now, is it? ;)

Although if you want you can put down whose singing voice...

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I agree with M3gav01t. Steve Blum's voice would be the coolest to have. He's EVERYWHERE, I swear. Almost every game and anime I've ever played/watched, he's in it, and I didn't realize it. Heck, my character in Guild Wars is voiced by Steve Blum <_<. That low, raspy voice of his would make one of the coolest substitutes for my own voice.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Blum

I also think that Quinton Flynn would be an awesome voice to have. I can't really put my finger on what makes his voice so awesome. It just... is <_<.

Spot

Smash Cadet
Patrick Stewart definitely. That would just be awesome.

plasmawisp6633

Smash Journeyman
George Clooney or Christopher Walkin

EDIT: When did I pass 1000 posts? I didn't even see it :(
I already do a good impression of Christopher Walkin, I don't need his voice, although it is one of the coolest voices ever.

I'm a short 16-year-old white kid with a deep voice already, but I would love to have Morgan Freeman's voice. It's the most perfect narrating voice; I would read out-loud to myself. It's deep and it's got a hint of an accent that I can't put my finger on.

Al Pacino's voice would be great for yelling at people. A really commanding voice, would easily shut people of up.

Lastly, for a singing voice, I'd love to have Chris Cornell's voice (Soundgarden, Audioslave). He's got an incredible range, and he sings soulfully.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Until I figure out what my real major is, I'm a performing arts major. So that's why I'm in desperate want for a better singing voice.

M3gav01t, why in God's name would you ever want to sound like Gilbert Gottfried?

m3gav01t

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha, i said those voices would be interesting to have, i didn't necessarily mean i wanted all of them. i wouldn't ever want gilbert's, abe's, or peter lorre's for more than an hour or so.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
^^^ Did he just get banned for that little thing?

Lol

I would have Dan Connor >___> <___<

Really though, I would love to have a voice that makes people think, and actually listen to me ._.

SHINE FX

Smash Apprentice
I'd love to have Don LaFontaine's voice for a while. It's so deep and authoritative; not to mention, it's called "The Voice of God" at times. Lol, it makes everything you say sound important. XD

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
Yeah, Don LaFontaine's voice is awesome. It isn't a movie trailer if it doesn't have that voice. As if the Almighty Himself is ordering you to buy a ticket.

And of course, Morgan Freeman.

And maybe that guy from "The Fabulous Life Of.." , it would be cool to have it shortly, not my entire life, that would get annoying soon.

Sandy

Smash Champion
James Earl Jones is one of the distinctive voices of our time, yet few people know he fights a stutter. The Tony-Award winning actor took just one day to record the voice track for Darth Vader in Star Wars. That performance lead to many commercial voice-over projects.

Top Bottom