• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Less-than-likely Pokemon Reps Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
what about bird jesus?

(I mean Pidgot if you haven't been watching twitch plays pokemon)

Last edited:

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
Missing Victiri or whatever its name is, along with Zoaroark.

Douchelizard is also unnecessarily popular and stuff.
The problem with Zoroark is how it would use Illusion in combat. This is the type of technique that would be used for a Poke Ball instead.

PolarisJunkie

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PolarisJunkie
3DS FC
0361-7305-7321
I would love a rep for each Gen. Pikachu, obviously. Marill for 2nd Gen, Blaziken for 3rd gen, Lucario 4th Gen, Fifth gen I have no idea and sixth gen for sure would be Greninja.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Optimist: Damn, I didn't think of that but it's honestly perfect.

Polaris: Love the X Factor sig, now for exactly what you said and a bit more fun, click the link two above your post.

OptimistNic

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OptimistNic
3DS FC
4682-8455-3463
I have a thread dedicated to the idea of Keldeo as a playable character, though I'd hate to put him under the "less than likely" thread. I'd say he has a 60% chance.

Keldeo smash card.jpg

Last edited:

XionKai

Smash Cadet
Kinda want
2nd Gen Rep: Scizor/Tyranitar
3rd Gen Rep: Sceptile, or Grovyle/Gardevoir?
5th Gen Rep: Serperior/Zoroark
Iderk..

Last edited:

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
This thread is for anyone that isn't Sceptile, Jigglypuff, or Mewtwo.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Any one of these:
Had Pokemon Trainer wasn't deconfirmed, I would've loved a Totodile/Grovyle/Charizard combo representing the first three gens

One I'd love to see is Plusle and Minun. Would work like Ice Climbers but perhaps a tad swifter and weaker

Burruni

Smash Hero
Those Unlikely Pokemon Newcomers I'd love to see.

Gen I: Clefairy as a Jigglypuff alt, Gengar
Gen II: Heracross
Gen III: Mawile
Gen IV: Lickilicky as a really derpy big fighter with a bunch of special moves functioning like Robin due to the massive TM pool Normal types get.
Gen V: Dewott
Gen VI: Braixen

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
My username should tell you my pick for an unlikely Pokémon rep.
Also, we need more Seaking.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Someone should go through this thread and see how many times Greninja was brought up

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Not all generations are created equal, not each needs a single character.
Each did not add the same variety to Pokemon each did not even add the same number of characters to Pokemon. It is such a fallacy to think we need to add a character just to represent a generation alone, I think that is one of the last things we should be looking at.

Hands down Generation one is most Iconic, particularly to non Pokemon players.

mahnamahna

Smash Cadet
Not all generations are created equal, not each needs a single character.
Each did not add the same variety to Pokemon each did not even add the same number of characters to Pokemon. It is such a fallacy to think we need to add a character just to represent a generation alone, I think that is one of the last things we should be looking at.

Hands down Generation one is most Iconic, particularly to non Pokemon players.
Agreed... if Pokemon had 10 characters, Kanto obviously should receive the bulk of them.

Gen 1 - 4 (Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Charizard, Mewtwo)
Gen 2 - 1 (Tyranitar, Heracross, Smeargle, Togepi or Pichu - one of those 5)
Gen 3 - 1 (Blaziken, Gardevoir and Sceptile - one of those 3)
Gen 4 - 2 (Lucario, Pokemon Ranger)
Gen 5 - 0 (probably the most irrelevant generation... Gen 7 will need a rep by SSB5 so I'd say this one gets forgotten due to the lack of nostalgia like Johto and Hoenn)
Gen 6 - 1 (Greninja)
Gen 7 - 1 (popular Pokemon from that generation)

Wouldn't mind no Johto rep if Team Rocket was represented somehow.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Sorry Mewtwo, but your time as a legend has passed, you have now been surpassed by the one Pokemon that can truly be considered godlike!

LoftusBlade

Smash Journeyman
Would like to see Hawlucha.
This. I`ve been cooking up a Hawlucha moveset and, while it is still incomplete, I like how it`s turning out.

F-Smash: Hi-jump Kick. He kicks with his knees in a diagonal, upward arc. Incredibly powerful and acts like an anti-air smash, but he trips and takes damage if he misses.
D-Smash: Flying Press. Kind of like Bowser's U-Smash, but the bulk of the move hits as he's falling, instead of jumping.
U-Smash: Still haven't thought about it.

Specials:
Neutral - Sky Drop. Grabs the opponent, flys up and smashes them to the ground (ala Bowser's side B)
Side - Sky Attack. Same as Pikachu's Skull Bash. In the air it can be directed upward, as if he were gliding.
Down - I don't want to make this a Counter, so I thought about Low Sweep. Quick kick that trips opponents.
Up - Acrobatics. Basically a third jump, but he can do a second jump if he hits an opponent or the ground at landing. Damage and distance go down if he is holding an item.

That's pretty much it. I got some inspiration from Bowser (who's the closest thing we got to a grappler) and other Pokemon movesets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom