• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Lets get Ice to EVO (Goal 780 USD)

Armada

Smash Lord
So earlier this year the Melee community did get some of the best news in a lot of years. Melee is finally back into EVO again and I personally is very happy to see it back again. However I do think it would have been very fun to see if people from all around the world could compete in this tournament, especially the great ones with a huge fire to compete.

This thread is made for Ice which is a great player and person from Germany and he would love to come to EVO but do not have the money to afford it. I really hope that we as a community can help Ice with making this trip to EVO possible for him. So as a start I donate 15 USD to Ice.

Why should you donate?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h0KIv7LBglE
Here is a set between Ice vs Mango from Beast3 earlier this month. If you haven't seen this set already I recommend everyone to watch it. Not many players over the past 5 years have been able to take a set from Mango and that alone proves Ice is a very good player. I really hope that a player this good get the chance he deserves to compete with the very best!

What if we don't reach the goal or Ice do not end up coming?

If Ice in the end can't make it to EVO all the money will be sended back to the people that donated them in the first place.

What if Ice wins any money?

If Ice wins any money he will pay back to the donators. If he do win money but not enough to pay everyone back we will start pay to those people that donated the highest ammount.

Where do I send my donation?

Slhoka will be the one that take care of the money that people send. You send them to his paypal account! slhokainscriptions@gmail.com

Will update this thread as often as I can!

Now lets make sure Ice makes it to EVO =)

Edit
Donations so far

Name
Armada - $15
Askelink - $ 25
V-K - $9.15
KrisP - $9.77
Novi - $53.55
Kadano - $6,58
niK - $10
kiw1 - $3.14
MrHazuki: $36.91
Qlex: $20
AirDashOnline: $500
Mike Haggar: $9,5

In total: 698,6
Ammount left before we reach the goal: 81,4

poega

Smash Apprentice
It would be so cool if Mango repaid people for "investing" in his trip to Sweden by sending some of the winnings here. It would be a beautiful, gentleman's thing among top smasher to send around a "long-travel-sponsor" sum, that is steered unofficially by hype-level, heeding the general consensus that always seems to be there.

Bones0

Smash Legend
It would be so cool if Mango repaid people for "investing" in his trip to Sweden by sending some of the winnings here. It would be a beautiful, gentleman's thing among top smasher to send around a "long-travel-sponsor" sum, that is steered unofficially by hype-level, heeding the general consensus that always seems to be there.
Pretty sure Mango paid everyone who donated to him back from his winnings.

Armada

Smash Lord
Updated the first post with the people that have donated so far.
Been a kinda weak start but I hope we end up doing better from now on!

Qlex

Smash Cadet
Self reminder : Get my ass back there soon in order to pay 25 bucks

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Hope I'm able to donate. Ice is pretty cute.

And his Sheik is pretty good, too.

Armada

Smash Lord
Like I said on facebook, I'll donate but I still want to see you there Armada. Not badgering, just hoping :p
Haha it's alright!
Makes me happy to hear that people wanna see me there but this time I will not make it.

I do hope we can still have those big tournaments that include players from all around the world though. Since Ice did best of all the Europeans at Beast + took a set from Mango I do think he deserve it the most.

Glad to see a few more are will donate kinda soon!
Hopefully that convince other people to donate as well =)

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
no lie ice is one of favs in the whole world. hes the best looking smasher no homo and its going to be awesome having him at the biggest tournament in the world
he is the VGBC_Mew2King of a third world country
inb4 every pool is a death pool at EVO13
#JV12STOCKBREASTCANCERANDOTHERFIGHTINGGAMESATEVO13

Rocketpowerchill

Smash Ace
inb4 armada is coming but on the final day of EVO for the real GF as the Final Boss after the proposed GF set with mango and m2k
mango would then proceed to fight armada
the two will play a bo30 rematch from beast for the final crown of champion of smash
the two will go 15-15 and we will have so many viewers and ****s gonna be cray cray
WHO WILL WIN
DEPENDS ON WHO WANTS IT MORE
EVOLUTION GAMING
2013 ARE YOU TOUGH ENOUGH

Bones0

Smash Legend
no lie ice is one of favs in the whole world. hes the best looking smasher no homo and its going to be awesome having him at the biggest tournament in the world
he is the VGBC_Mew2King of a third world country
inb4 every pool is a death pool at EVO13
#JV12STOCKBREASTCANCERANDOTHERFIGHTINGGAMESATEVO13
ITT: Germany = third world country

strawhats

Smash Master
I hope he does so he can finally bring clean drinking water to his village.
on that DBZ Uub ****. Might be able to donate to this (would love to see and that sexy ass sheik. I do miss his marth, but understand his reasoning for retiring his marth) Also holy **** Calle W sighting. I hope to see Calle/Jeapie/maybe even Amsah come to Evo too. USA misses u Armada!!!

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I hope he does so he can finally bring clean drinking water to his village.
Where the **** would he get clean water in flopmerica?
Serious question, your tap water is **** and in the rest of the world bottled water is **** compared to tap water (always filled with plastic remnants and other bull****)

Slhoka

Smash Lord
I got 10 CAD from someone in Canada, Robert G. Is that you KrisP! ? Anyway, that make 9,77 USD, so you can add these, Armada.
And V-K gave 7 €, so it's 9,15 USD, no 7.

Also, MikeHaggar has a point : both tap water and bottled water suck in the US (at least in Cali). The fund should be named "Let's poison Ice at EVO"

V-K

Smash Ace
Where the **** would he get clean water in flopmerica?
Serious question, your tap water is **** and in the rest of the world bottled water is **** compared to tap water (always filled with plastic remnants and other bull****)
I don't think you got his joke.

Armada

Smash Lord
I got 10 CAD from someone in Canada, Robert G. Is that you KrisP! ? Anyway, that make 9,77 USD, so you can add these, Armada.
And V-K gave 7 €, so it's 9,15 USD, no 7.
Thanks for the information!
Updated the first post.

We can do better then this though =)

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
I just meant he'd have money to get clean water. rofl

Europeons are hilarious.
We don't have to buy bottled water, tap water doesnt cost ****. And unlike flopmerica, 90% of the population isnt poor due to a sick and corrupt system that only benefits the rich.
If that was true he wouldn't be able to shower, and then he wouldn't be so handsome and fresh.

Bones0

Smash Legend
We don't have to buy bottled water, tap water doesnt cost ****. And unlike flopmerica, 90% of the population isnt poor due to a sick and corrupt system that only benefits the rich.
If that was true he wouldn't be able to shower, and then he wouldn't be so handsome and fresh.
Ice lives in a third world country without access to tap water. Didn't you know?

Also, I hate flopmerica.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I donated because **** flopamerica and ****ty fluoridated tap water

E:

If Ice gets poisoned I want my money back

Slhoka

Smash Lord
bones was being sarcastic because some guy said ice is the third world mew2king
I think we all know that, even if MikeHaggar will never say it in public haha.
However, the first time I went to the US, I met Mango who was quite curious about France and Europe as a whole. And one of his first questions was "do you have tap water ?". Many of his other questions where quite serious, so today, I'm still wondering how much trashtalk and how much seriousness were contained in that question.

In unrelated news, Novi just sent 41€, yay !

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
I really want to see Ice at Evo, but I dunno how much people are willing to donate for him.
After his performance at Beast 3, I think we all agree that he is the one most likely to become the next European champion, in addition to Over. At least before EVO anyways :p

If this fund has potential, I'm willing to donate some cash to help Ice out :)
When the total amount donated is 500$, I'll donate 100$.

Top Bottom