• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's make the TL boards AMAZING

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I FINALLY got my internet back. =)
Today I bought an extra SD card just for gathering stuff through hacking. So whatever other boards have (hitboxes/frame data/whatever), we can get now.

I want to use this thread for suggestions on how to make the TL boards much better. We'll make a big list and I'll get to work on it right away! It doesn't jsut have to be hacking, anything that we could get that would be useful. So tell me things you think we should have and lurk other character boards for useful stuff! Go go go!!

List so far:

Frame data:
Hit-box data
Arrow AT video
Useful links thread
TL guide

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Match Up threads should focus more on dealing with whatever, instead of digressing like that Sheik thread.
The TL pros never really help in the video critiquing part. I asked Hyro or Quivo before and they just ignored me. Why?

Well I already told you and a couple of others about my super secret project that's totally a secret. I'm not done with it yet, since I don't have the hardware for it, but I'll finish it eventually.

Oh, and this is my 500th post. Yay for milestones!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Well I already told you and a couple of others about my super secret project that's totally a secret. I'm not done with it yet, since I don't have the hardware for it, but I'll finish it eventually.

Oh, and this is my 500th post. Yay for milestones!
Lol, this is my 500th post too.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
u probably know about this, but this thread:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=254970 tells you how to make a .pac of any character with visible hitboxes on most moves.

also in psa, timers show a frame amount, but all actions after that timer appear 1 frame later.

for ex: marf's DS

let's say psa says the hitbox comes on Asynchronous Timer: 4

well you know it's comes out on frame 5. so ya

BKB and KBG are labeled in hexidecimal

some attributes are mislabeled

for ex: TL 1st hit fsmash has some random numbers categorized as "shield damage"

on certain moves, yes that slot is that hitbox's shield damage

however for 1st hit fsmash it's weight dependent knockback.

also special offensive collision boxes have the ability to refresh hitboxes every X frames ('Undefined 1' [don't think TL has any refreshable hitboxes though]) or disallow reverse knockback (if any, you'll know since 'Undefined 2' will have a 0 in the first slot of the value)

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Well if I could ask one favour of you Sasuke, seeing as you brought it up XD. Could you maybe make the rest of your vids for my thread? You know, you did Bomb stuff, Boomerang stuff, but that was it. I've been looking forward to the day that you'd make Arrow stuff and Swordplay stuff. But that's about all I wanted. Oh yeah, and what VG is talking about, the hitboxes thing. I can't wait to see how broken F-smash is. It's just such a shame that it doesn't show projectile hitboxes.

Well if I could ask one favour of you Sasuke, seeing as you brought it up XD. Could you maybe make the rest of your vids for my thread? You know, you did Bomb stuff, Boomerang stuff, but that was it. I've been looking forward to the day that you'd make Arrow stuff and Swordplay stuff. But that's about all I wanted. Oh yeah, and what VG is talking about, the hitboxes thing. I can't wait to see how broken F-smash is. It's just such a shame that it doesn't show projectile hitboxes.
Actually, I'd like to take care of that stuff. I'll let Sasuke handle the hitboxes and the 2 threads he said he wanted to make.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
That's cool with me. As long as Sasuke is ok with it, I mean for all I know, he's actually been really looking forward to making them. But you've got my OK, your vids are pro.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Fox, I actually have all but like, 3 of the techs already recorded on replays on my Wii. I had a lot of trouble with those 3, and I couldn't pull them off before my internet got cut off.

I guess I could take another shot at them, or TWINK can help me? I'm seriously like, 90% done with that. >_<;

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Oh ok! That's sweet man. I knew you might be doing them, so that's why I said to check with you first. If TWiNK wanted to help then I spose you could sort that out with him? Anyway, thanks as always for making those vids.

If I can get my hands on a capture card, or someone reliable that can capture for me, I can do everything else, and trust me, what I have planned will be awesome.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I got a capture card, don't worry about that. =)

Kaffei

Smash Hero
It would be really sick if there was a hitbox seeing thingy for bombs. I've always wanted to see the radius lol.

.Phyro.

Smash Rookie
:)
Match Up threads should focus more on dealing with whatever, instead of digressing like that Sheik thread.
The TL pros never really help in the video critiquing part. I asked Hyro or Quivo before and they just ignored me. Why?
lol i dont consinder hyro a pro imo jash n chip are actual legit tl pros again this imo

I got a capture card, don't worry about that. =)
Well you said you already had footage of most of our techs in replays. If you could send me the videos, I'll start editing them around Christmas, when I don't have class to worry about. If not, I'll just send you a replay.

Edit: Whenever you decide to capture it for me, don't forget to turn off the music and switch the screen to widescreen. And just a suggestion for FioD's thread. Use your second post as a brainstorming thread.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Brainstorming ay? I like the sounds of that! Besides, I've been wondering what to do with my second post XD.
Ok so I spose I'll chuck stuff in there that hasn't been discovered how to do exactly (The mysteries of Toon Link), I'll also chuck stuff in there that needs to be looked into or that I think should be explored further and finally to make full use of it, I'll list Toon's weaknesses and then we can try to think of ways to over come them.

Sounds good?

I'll get to work on it, or at least set up the layout of it all. Feed back is as always very much appreciated. So any ideas or anything that you would like to see in there, just let me know.

Hyro

Smash Lord
Yeah, I rarely ever check that thread, never seen it sorry. Lemme know if you still want me to.

Fox, I actually have all but like, 3 of the techs already recorded on replays on my Wii. I had a lot of trouble with those 3, and I couldn't pull them off before my internet got cut off.

I guess I could take another shot at them, or TWINK can help me? I'm seriously like, 90% done with that. >_<;
Oh yeah you asked me about doing those, I can now if you want, I can capture now. What were they again? Unless you can get a REAL tl pro to do them lol

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Lemme go look at my clips and check.

I'm thinking of performing all the bomb, arrow, boomerang, and swordplay techs and sending them to you to capture it. Check your clips and tell me what i don't have to do. When you're done capturing everything, just send it to me through a file hosting website. I'll deal with everything little by little.

MJG

Smash Hero
Ya kaffei..its basically whoever views that thread..jerm was the only one who critiqued my video >_>

And i like the match up idea...but the match up discussions always seem to be bias..and im sure im not the only one who feels this way

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
I wanna be allowed to keep my Tink Research Thread >:0

I get it. We have an AT+etc. thread...This would be used to look into a lot more. Ex: Hey guys! We can Ibomb tornado!
Ftilt works really well to punish landings!
Throwing a boomerang backwards might lead to stuff if you run past someone.

It would just be like a Tink Tactical discussion where we can bounce around ideas and discuss stuff like how to punish certain moves.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Yeah, I rarely ever check that thread, never seen it sorry. Lemme know if you still want me to.

Oh yeah you asked me about doing those, I can now if you want, I can capture now. What were they again? Unless you can get a REAL tl pro to do them lol
Haha, it's alright. No worries. Don't bother with it

Does anybody know of any HD capture cards? I'm thinking of getting one to get started with things around here.

OMG Sasuke ur the best. That quality r secks!!1! O_O

I know what I'm buying for Christmas! :bee:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T3H64eAP2Zk&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T3H64eAP2Zk&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

O_O ?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/T3H64eAP2Zk&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/T3H64eAP2Zk&color1=0x6699&color2=0x54abd6&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

O_O ?
uh....... lol.

Mods and their HTML.....

I seriously didn't know that Peach's up thing lit up the entire screen.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.

O_O ?
haha yea ninjalink has been doing the hitboxes of characters >_> olimar i so hard cuz all the pikmin are diff

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
To be honest I think the Toon boards, particularly the newbies like me suffer from not having an actual guide and a proper tactical discussion.

2nLio

Smash Journeyman

O_O ?
has THIS been made for toon link yet?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
so I'm assuming not using sword glow effects means hitbox display will be ever more accurate, oh and it works with projectiles too.

Smashing.

Top Bottom