• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's Play! Forum Version - Pokémon Fire Red

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
...and the voting's over! Congrats to Charmander for being my starter. If it's a boy, the name will be Solid, but since nobody's suggested a girl's name, I'll think of one on the spot.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Hahahaha SuSaN.

I approve of that if it's a girl.

Rawr go Charmander.

If it's a girl then I think you should name Moltres "Solid" if you end up catching it.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Continuation of Chapter 1

Yesterday, we left off with deciding which starter to choose. You guys voted Charmander. **** you all.

It ended up being a chick. Sorry Solid, I'll save your name for anyone else. I went with the nickname SuSaN.

KOTH went ahead and chose Squirtle because he's a cancerous cheater.

After trying to leave this dump they call Pallet Town, KOTH got in my face. He wanted to battle me already? Christ.

I easily scratched my way through this tutorial. SuSaN grew to level 6.

kthxbai. After the battle, I was forced to find my own way to continue the game. They give me no further instructions, so I left town. :ohwell:

Before I began my journey to VIRIDIAN CITY, I stopped by my house and took a rest. Apparently my mom had no useful information either.

This path is known as ROUTE 1. It's all uphill till I reach VIRIDIAN.

I talked to a dude who works for the Pokemon Mart, and he gave me a sample potion. It doesn't hurt to ask.

SuSaN reached level 7 and learned EMBER. Time to burn these mofos.

The only Pokemon I encountered is Pidgey. I haven't obtained any POKE BALLS yet, so I can't catch it. :<

It took about a minute to reach VIRIDIAN. I had yet to find some guidance. I went ahead and healed up SuSaN just in case.

I checked the Pokemon Mart to see if they were selling POKE BALLS. The clerk asked if I knew PROF. OAK, and he gave me a parcel to deliver him. Finally, there's something to do.

Before I left, I snatched the potion that was laying behind the tree in the top left corner of the city. I also tried getting to VIRIDIAN FOREST, but there was a fat *** blocking the road. :mad:

The walk back to PALLET TOWN was a breeze. Just before entering, I encountered a Rattata. I wanna start catching these b****es.

I gave OAK his little toy. I didn't know what it was, and I didn't want to.

Cancer boy came barging in again.

OAK ended up giving both KOTH and I a POKEDEX, which records data about Pokemon you've seen or caught. It's funny how he gave two children a device that's probably worth more than themselves. <3

Before we left, OAK gave us each five interdimensional cages. Yay.

I stopped by KOTH's house, where his sister gave me a TOWN MAP. Now I know where the **** I am.

And that concludes Chapter 1. Chapter 2 will consist of battling KOTH again, VIRIDIAN FOREST, and our first badge. Throughout the chapter, I'll also catch all the Pokemon available. Tune in next time. =D

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Ha, this is actually kind of cool.
Not that I had doubts or anything. >_>

It's like watching KOTH come back. Only this time, with a vengeance as well as a fat turtle.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Only if he gets it to a Machoke. Those things are legit.
I'll most likely use one.

Just a little updating.

I'll be posting probably 2/3's of Chapter 2 tomorrow. This week's been busy with tests, so I haven't had much time.

I also need a nickname suggestion for Beedrill and Pikachu.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Name it Pikachubs, ohohohoho.

Hands off, that's what I named mine. :mad:
/4 mad posts in a row

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'd rather be a Dragonair :urg:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I think Pikachu should be whoever mods the Pikachu boards. (KayLo?)

Beedrill should be :mad:

Because bee's are ****ing mad.
name Pikachu Anther. simple as that.
I concur. :mad: would be an awesome Beedrill name.

And seeing as KayLo! is female and Anther is male, that would cover Pika if that's what he wanted to use as well. :3

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, Friday sucked.

Well here we go, Chapter 2, Part 1.

Chapter 2

Here we come again, Viridian.

On my way there, I found this little guy. I snagged his ***. I named him Nutmeg... =3

Oh look, another one. Gotta waste another Poke Ball on this guy, too. I went ahead and named him Xonar like you asked, Xonar, but I doubt I'm not going to evolve him.

I stopped by the Pokemon Center before catching some more Pokemon. Nurse Joy is mighty fine.

I entered ROUTE 22, which leads to the Pokemon League. Of course, I'm only going here to fill more of my Pokedex.

I went ahead and trained Xonar a little bit. I'm not gonna over-level my Pokemon, because that won't be any fun, will it? At level 5, Xonar learned SAND-ATTACK. I love spamming this and making Pokemon go blind.

I also encountered a Mankey, which I named Porkchop. Isn't that punny?

Right after this, I found a Spearow. This whole episode is just a catching montage, isn't it? I named him Pollo.

I raised Nutmeg up to level 7. Sigh, this is very boring. Hopefully I won't have to do this for every Pokemon.

I'm not even gonna comment on these screenshots.

To break this Rocky montage, I finally traveled on and found KOTH.

The battle was fairly easy, with Pollo being the only one who fainted. I should really sign him up for **** (another name for chicken) fighting instead. SuSaN grew to level 8. (Title-updating time, SuSa!)

KOTH has some really bad social skills. Maybe the cancer's giving him butt hurt.

Part 1 of Chapter 2 comes to an end as we defeat KOTH for the second time. Will our team of beasts make it through Viridian Forest? I hope so.

Phew, sorry for the two day delay. Please continue your team and nickname suggestions. Next chapter, I'll be catching a Caterpie, Weedle, and a Pikachu, so I need help deciding who should be on my team.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
These were a tad less funny. :( But that's ok, you didn't really do much and I understand. :p

Title updated. <3 Glad I finally have friends.

Oh, and you need to talk to SasukeBowser. He keeps trying to feed me Rare Candy.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
These were a tad less funny. :( But that's ok, you didn't really do much and I understand. :p

Title updated. <3 Glad I finally have friends.

Oh, and you need to talk to SasukeBowser. He keeps trying to feed me Rare Candy.
Yeah, I agree. I rushed pretty much all of it, so the thread wouldn't go dead. I was also having trouble with the screenshots, and had to restart about three times. Thanks for letting me know though, it'd be great if you could do this everytime.

And Rare Candies are Poke Steroids. :urg:

SuSa

Caterpie evolves into Butterfree, which is gentle and harmless.

So I vote we name it Azua.

Also, I will do 1UP. :) I don't want this thread to die, I think it's a GREAT idea - and I understand the commentary can be rather hard sometimes. :) You did fantastic the first 2 times. <3

You didn't really have much to work with, you were just catching some Pokemon and beating up KOTH's pokemon. It's understandable.

1UPChris

Smash Journeyman
Caterpie evolves into Butterfree, which is gentle and harmless.

So I vote we name it Azua.

Also, I will do 1UP. :) I don't want this thread to die, I think it's a GREAT idea - and I understand the commentary can be rather hard sometimes. :) You did fantastic the first 2 times. <3

You didn't really have much to work with, you were just catching some Pokemon and beating up KOTH's pokemon. It's understandable.
Thanks a ton SuSa. Next time if I don't have any witty comments, I'll refer back to my first posts. :3

I'm liking both the Caterpie and Weedle nicknames. Like somebody said before, I'll name the Pikachu Anther if it's a guy, and KayLo! if it's a girl.

SuSa

If you can tell me how to get screenshots, I may make a run through of this with my old-school Blue version, my Gold version, or my Ruby version. :s I think it's a great idea, hahaha.

I wish there were more suggestions for names besides mine. :x I think I've suggested like 4 names so far. (SuSaN for Char. :mad: for Weedle. Azua for Caterpie, KayLo! for female Pikachu...)

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
If you can tell me how to get screenshots, I may make a run through of this with my old-school Blue version, my Gold version, or my Ruby version. :s I think it's a great idea, hahaha.
*COUGH*Prettysureit'sanemulator...*COUGH*

Also, I assume SuSaN stands for "Shut up and Suicide already, Noob"? =P

Top Bottom