• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Let's predict the Direct's 50 new things, and be wrong about all of them!

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
A new character or 2 (Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie, Impa)
Lots of stages
A few new modes
Useless things we already know cause sakurai
A bunch of items and assists
Trophy quiz cause why not

That's what I'm guessing

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
"Sigh" can't watch it live due to school day, I think it might talk mostly about modes and amiibos.
DLCs I doubt it.

BBC7

Smash Ace
I'm predicting 10 of them

1. Lucas joined but he was shot across the head by Ness, who takes his moveset and turns it into his customs.
2. Wolf joined but he gets devoured by Fox and becomes a recolor
3. Snake joined but Mega Man takes him down with Needle Cannon which he obtained from Sheik, who later steals Snake's grenades
4. Ice Climbers joined but 8GB wasn't enough and many gamers lose their lives to Wii U explosions
5. Mewtwo joined and was so bottom-tier that Sakurai felt it would be easier to balance the game without him
6. Roy joined but was quickly replaced by Lucina because Sakurai needed a waifu
7. Sakurai found a waifu in the form of Palutena but one waifu isn't enough so he became Mormon
8. A purple dragon joins the game! Spyro, who is representing Skylanders and will be advertising Amiibo
9. WarioWare will now be supported on "For Glory" mode to aid unskilled players in reaching their goal
10. There will be an 18+ cutscene of Waluigi committing suicide via cracking his skull with a tennis racket, which will be extremely gory, and will demonstrate the cinematic and emotional capability of Nintendo.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
If Ridley's fate isn't decided in this direct, I don't know what will

KingBroly

Smash Lord
1 - Ice Climbers playable
2 - Mewtwo returns
3 - Ridley is a Newcomer
4 - Smash Board Game, with Online, Friends Only, has Smash Run mini-game battles
5 - Crazy Orders, ranging from super easy to ridiculously difficult
6 - Master Orders, ranging from normal to hard difficulties
7 - Special Orders, which have special fight conditions (i.e. finish 2nd or don't heal)
8 - Boss Battles, including Metal Face, Tabuu, Master Core, Dr. Wily and Robotnik
9 - Great Cave Offensive Stage
10 - Hyrule Temple Stage
11 - New Pork City Stage (It's even bigger this time!)
12 - 8-Player Smash (Local only); 8 GC controllers possible
13 - Tournament Mode
14 - Swimming Returns
15 - 3rd Party Character Trophies like Rayman, Snake, Simon Belmont, Crash Bandicoot, Spyro and Slime
16 - Voice Chat (Friends Only)
17 - The ability to share Photos/Replays/Mii Fighters via Miiverse
18 - Amiibos
19 - Stage Editor
20 - Photo Mode

That's all I can think of, tbh.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
1. Kalos League
2. Great Cave Offensive
3. Temple
4. Wuhu Island
5. Metal Face
6. Ridley
7. Special Brawl
8. Tournament Mode
9. Master Core
10. Crazy Core
11. 8-player Smash
12. Board game thingy
13. Yellow team
14. Uploading replays to Miiverse
15. Tournament mode
16. New Stage
17. New Stage
18. Returning Stage
19. Wii U Smash Run mode
20. Classic mode
21. 3DS as Wii U Controller
22. System connectivity
23. Event matches
24. Stage builder
25. Assist Trophy
26. Pokeball
27. Coin battles
28. Wrecking Crew Stage
29. Miiverse Stage
30. Brain Age stage
31. Bowser Jr. trailer
32. Duck Hunt trailer
33. Nabbit's role
34. Boss Battles
35. Demo
36. Item frequency adjusting
37. Amiibos
38. Gamepad usage
39. In-game shop teased
40-50: Trophies

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
1-30 Stages, songs, ATs, etceteras.
31-33 Stadium modes
34 Master Order
35 Crazy Order
36 Event Matches
37 Amiibo
38 Exclusive equipment features
39 Smashopoly
40-43 extra online modes/features
44 8-player smash
45 modified stages for 8-man (EX:wide BF with extra platforms)
46-50 third-party trophies (Rayman, ect.)

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
1. Everyone has 2 final smashes to choose from: standard and whatever. I want my giant laser beam back!
2. A special smash variant: Bumper smash, which adds permanent bumpers to parts of the stage and only bumpers are turned on.
3.-50 currently too lazy think of more.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
If Ridley's purpose in the game isn't revealed in this direct, it will be utterly, utterly bizarre.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
I think Ridley will either be the first or last thing shown.
If he's a stage boss, it'll be midway through, discussing features of stages. If he's playable, I doubt they'd open with that. What's more likely is that they have some kind of trailer for the hidden characters that they'll show off to open it. If they're going to reveal something like DLC, or special unlockable characters for the Wii U, it'll likely come towards the end.

Who knows though. At this point though, people really should be preparing themselves for there being no new characters, rather than hyping themselves for them.

Aldri

Smash Cadet
Keep in mind, guys, I've heard the announcement was for "Must see" features, not "new" features. Why do people keep saying "new?" I want it to be new, but...

While I want Roy, Lucas and Wolf back, I doubt they will return, if only because Lucas' special moves are options for Ness and Wolf is a Fox recolor now. For Roy, its just the fact that his game's time has passed. I still hope, but I'm letting myself get hyped for those characters.

As for newcomers announced in this direct, while it isn't "new" to us, it still may be to others, so I'm guessing we'll see Duck Hunt Dog, maybe with a few 3DS unlockable veterans like Jigglypuff or Ness in his trailer. I'm guessing the unlockables may be different between versions.

I think Ridley will be a boss, and will feature heavily in showcasing any modes that involve bosses.

I HOPE we'll see an announcement of Wii U exclusive characters or a DLC announcement, maybe with one trailer for a new character. Maybe Bayonetta since her game comes out the day after, along with Mewtwo.

New modes will be showcased--whatever this board game is, and the mode that involves master and crazy orders. Finally, lots of stages.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
If Ridley's purpose in the game isn't revealed in this direct, it will be utterly, utterly bizarre.
Sakurai will only tease Ridley more, then the game comes out with all traces of Pyrosphere missing along with Ridley. So the PoTD after release would be an image of the Pyrosphere with his shadow and the commentary would be "Pic of the Day: This looks familiar..." and that's the last we'll ever see of Ridley and Pyrosphere!

:^)

(don't kill me)

Keep in mind, guys, I've heard the announcement was for "Must see" features, not "new" features. Why do people keep saying "new?" I want it to be new, but...
NoA themselves says "new", so we can blame them.

Last edited:

NinjaWaddleDee

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NinjaWaddleDee
Warning Received
At the end of the direct, the scene will change to the pyrosphere stage. Ridley will fly onto the stage, and out of his *** will come Anthony. This will be Anthony's reveal trailer. Anthony is a stage boss, and a playable character. When Anthony is being used, Alfonzo will be Pyrosphere's boss.

Also, upcoming DLC will include Crocomire, who had to be sized down to fit into the game. He was the most requested Metroid character, and due to artistic liberties, he speaks with a Spanish accent.

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
50 Shade Of salt
From Ridley and MewTwo fan
By Masahiro Sakurai

8/8 ING
"so much émotion and wonderful final "

AIM0001

Smash Lord
Not gonna list 50 but this mostly covers what I think will happen. Didn't list DLC or new character reveals because I know it wont happen.......yet.

1. Stage Builder
2. Wii U/3DS connectivity
3. Stage reveals
4. Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr. trailer
5. Master/Crazy Orders
6. Possibly a Smash Demo
7. Music roster might get an update even if it's through game play videos
8. 8 PLAYER SMASH! If there is an 8 player Smash then we shall see it's reveal
9. Smash boards game!
10. More amiibo stuff
11. Classic mode details
12. Adventure mode of some sort
13. Music will be collected by collecting the cds in multiplayer like in Brawl
14. NEW FINAL SMASHES that were not in 3DS! Wishful thinking ;)
15. Details about online
16. Replay uploads
17. Hopefully more stage bosses
18. More villians being used for Adevnture Mode or if real TOS. Hopefully King K. Rool atleast gets to make an appearance.
Also Dr. Wily, Eggman, Medusa etc.
19. Trophies!
20. Solo arena modes (Multi-man,Hone run, Target break etc.

If there is DLC in this game I don't see them announcing it right now. Though it might help the 3DS out for the people who only own that game could look forward to having more characters for 3DS. But other then that it's just not gonna happen.

Last edited:

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
Now that i think about it..
what if Great Cave Offensive isn't a stage and is Wii U's Adventure mode?
You don't watch Gamexplain, eh? Yeah, they talked about that idea when Nintendo first put that picture up on their facebook page. Personally, I think it would be great. I would want the giant map to have different areas themed to the different games, though, and not all be Kirby level themed.

Considering that it does seem to be completely Kirby themed makes it as though it probably is just a stage, but that doesn't mean that there still can't be a big open world exploration mode similar to great cave offensive.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I'm predicting 10 of them

1. Lucas joined but he was shot across the head by Ness, who takes his moveset and turns it into his customs.
2. Wolf joined but he gets devoured by Fox and becomes a recolor
3. Snake joined but Mega Man takes him down with Needle Cannon which he obtained from Sheik, who later steals Snake's grenades
4. Ice Climbers joined but 8GB wasn't enough and many gamers lose their lives to Wii U explosions
5. Mewtwo joined and was so bottom-tier that Sakurai felt it would be easier to balance the game without him
6. Roy joined but was quickly replaced by Lucina because Sakurai needed a waifu
7. Sakurai found a waifu in the form of Palutena but one waifu isn't enough so he became Mormon
8. A purple dragon joins the game! Spyro, who is representing Skylanders and will be advertising Amiibo
9. WarioWare will now be supported on "For Glory" mode to aid unskilled players in reaching their goal
10. There will be an 18+ cutscene of Waluigi committing suicide via cracking his skull with a tennis racket, which will be extremely gory, and will demonstrate the cinematic and emotional capability of Nintendo.
8 is not bad to me, actually.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
#1-49 - Playable Stage Bosses, so people can stop dreaming about Ridley on the roster but can still play as him as he should be, all giant and stuff.

#50 - Battlefield forms of all stages (please!)

Last edited:

RedBeanPorridge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RedBeanPorridge
3DS FC
3823-8771-4471
DLC characters, costumes and stages.
pleasebewrongpleasebewrongpleasebewrongpleasebewrong.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
No, I meant that there are so many stages. :T
I was joking, m'darling. You have to fill in the blanks somehow, y'know? ;P

Though I am legitimately expecting a lot of what may be termed "filler" content. Still, whatever new information we do get should more than up for it, ahahah~ >w<

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I was joking, m'darling. You have to fill in the blanks somehow, y'know? ;P

Though I am legitimately expecting a lot of what may be termed "filler" content. Still, whatever new information we do get should more than up for it, ahahah~ >w<
Probably a new really big thing every ten things.

D

Deleted member

1. Bowser Jr.'s Trailer
  2. Duck Hunt's Trailer
  3. An in-depth look at Master Orders and Crazy Orders
  4. More stages (like The Great Cave Offensive)
  5. Stage hazards
  6. Boss rush mode
  7. The board game
  8. Amiibo
  9. 3DS and Wii U connectivity
  10. Some modes like Classic Mode and All-Star Mode
  11. Exclusive Wii U Assist Trophies?
  12. Other exclusive modes to the Wii U version (Event Match or even Tourney mode?)
  13. 8-Player Smash
  14. Smash World
  15. Demo
  16. Maybe some reasoning as to why he added certain newcomers
  17. Trophy Quizzes
  18. Discussing the future of the Wii U version and 3DS version with balances and DLC (but he won't show off any DLC characters)
And that's all I can think of. Maybe he might end the Direct the same way he ended the Smash Direct? (by having a short clip of every character and give them splash art while Credits Ver. 2 is playing in the background)

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
  1. Bowser Jr.'s Trailer
  2. Duck Hunt's Trailer
  3. An in-depth look at Master Orders and Crazy Orders
  4. More stages (like The Great Cave Offensive)
  5. Stage hazards
  6. Boss rush mode
  7. The board game
  8. Amiibo
  9. 3DS and Wii U connectivity
  10. Some modes like Classic Mode and All-Star Mode
  11. Exclusive Wii U Assist Trophies?
  12. Other exclusive modes to the Wii U version (Event Match or even Tourney mode?)
  13. 8-Player Smash
  14. Smash World
  15. Demo
  16. Maybe some reasoning as to why he added certain newcomers
  17. Trophy Quizzes
  18. Discussing the future of the Wii U version and 3DS version with balances and DLC (but he won't show off any DLC characters)
And that's all I can think of. Maybe he might end the Direct the same way he ended the Smash Direct? (by having a short clip of every character and give them splash art while Credits Ver. 2 is playing in the background)
The last direct ended with a character reveal :troll:

Last edited:

the.tok

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2767-0503-3415
I really hope among them are a melee stype break the target mode, event matches, and other modes for scoring.
Really hope the scores from multi-man smash and home run are synchronized too...

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
Posted on the other thread

This is perfect, honestly.
If there is some wii u character transfer-exclusive thing, it needs to be revealed in this Direct. Not after the fact, NOW.
I also thing the Ridley Character trailer would be at the end. The final character trailer for Smash 4 ends with a bang.

Top Bottom