• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Let's See Some Custom CSS.

ICEing

Smash Cadet
Also how would I get a custom backround on a CSS if both files are named sc_selcharacter.pac.?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Here is my CSS:

Does anyone know where I can find this CSS?
^I'd like to get that CSS as well
^^ that plus independant pokemon n zss
Current tier listt
Oh yeah, couldn't they just fill out the 4 corners with those?
That would be so...perfect D:
I did my home work ;)

I searched everywhere to help ya out with this

Well, I expected to release it a bit earlier but a certain code kept me held up until now. It's kinda' unfinished but I got sort of bored with it - so I may as well release it as is for now...

CSS Organizer

Using it is pretty straight forward as most of it is just drag and drop. The directory to place the output file in is Menu2. If I ever get back to this I may add a feature that replicates the Custom CSS code using modified files and add that to the app. Be sure to read the readme as it has a code which is required if you intend on setting up certain formations in your CSS.

Also, as far as the Clone Engine or whatnot goes... Adding a new character ID to load a new set of named files is exactly what I've been working to achieve. As I said before, the possibilities look promising - there's just one slight thing with the module files that needs to be taken care of.
thats PW's work

you are able to do what was in that CSS or anything you like

Happy Modding the CSS :)

Van Jones

Smash Lord
I'm in the process of making another CSS that is up to date with the current tier list. I'll upload it as soon as I'm done.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I'm in the process of making another CSS that is up to date with the current tier list. I'll upload it as soon as I'm done.
??? wasn't the link I posted the most recent tierlist >.>?

I made it with the most recent Tier list for VBrawl, I just added the icons of squr/ivy/zard in there below the random icon

thats the tier in there

S
A
B
C
D
E
F
G
Random
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard

Edit:

that tierlist I posted is from this date "02-26-2010, 04:14 AM"

so thats the latest :)

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Wait so what file am I suppose to "drag and drop" into PW's app? I don't have BB or anything...

And what text file?

Edit:

Nevermind, I didn't know I had to download the older version for those

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yeah. The pic that yall have of my current CSS is from the previous tier list. This new one will be the current tier list. Also, no added characters. I don't play anything other than Vanilla Brawl.

And here it its: http://www.mediafire.com/?2dtz0yt2nxi

For those of you curious as to what it looks like, just image the one I posted earlier with the current tier list in place instead of the old one.

Is there a fix for the screen yet? More specifially, has anyone figured out how to use CSS without the controller issue?

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering how'd you managed to preview the icons
just opened the "sc_selcharacter_en" file with the CSS organizer

Photoshop. Pasted the icons over it.
photo what? I have no idea how to use photoshop nor do I own it

Yeah. The pic that yall have of my current CSS is from the previous tier list. This new one will be the current tier list. Also, no added characters. I don't play anything other than Vanilla Brawl.
mine only had the pokemons added... which could be removed but nvm... the file don't want to run ingame a beep sound is always comming so I can just get rid of the CSS organizer since it's buggy for me

do it and be sure to put zelda and sheik separeted and samus and ZSS, since they all have their different placings in the Tier list

and try not to ignore posts since I already told that was the latest tier list >.> (the pokemons can always be removed ???) >.>

EDIT:

For those of you curious as to what it looks like, just image the one I posted earlier with the current tier list in place instead of the old one.

Is there a fix for the screen yet? More specifially, has anyone figured out how to use CSS without the controller issue?
did you realized that thats just a ****ty Tier list ???

why do you have Mk Snake and Diddy Kong as A tier >.>?

Mk is Alone in he's tier place... he's S tier now >.>

I have to quote something to prove it >.>

you will see how... ZSS is Middle Tier in the Rank C
Sheik is in the middle Tier Rank E
Samus in Low Tier Rank F
Zelda Low Tier Rank G

It has been a while now since the last tier list, and many cries and also a lot of assumptions were for one to be out by December or January. However, the BBR has been busy with many projects and discussions, as well as new policies being brought into place that put the Tier List on the backburner. For hopefully obvious reasons, the tier list was of less concern than making sure our foundations, rule set policies and the organisation of large tournaments were as sustainable and AWESOME as possible.

I would like to point out that this tier list is based on the BBRs current OFFICIAL RULE SET.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=230481

There was lengthy discussion of what we would consider high tier, middle tier or low tier characters, especially with the majority decision of Meta Knight being in his own tier.
The Brawl Back Room in general seems to be very excited about how well the Middle Tiers have panned out. We hope that in itself it creates a strong balanced metagame with a lot of diversity for future side-events.
On the other hand, Low Tier now officially loses Pokemon Trainer, Ness and Bowser, as we do not consider E Tier as a Borderline Low. However, Ness & Bowser were originally voted as Upper Low, but rather than another tier both were bumped into E. Hence, one could consider both Ness and Bowser acceptable characters in Low Tier tournaments.

Whilst there are several characters with not much literal placement movement (Snake, Donkey Kong, etc etc), one needs to really consider what their cohort (in their tier) is now compared to before.
Snake is still second best in the game, but he is not considered to be within the same tier as Meta Knight. I would call this a drop in principal.
Donkey Kong stayed the same yet is no longer close in comparison to a character who was 14th in the game (from Tier List v3).

I will add a bit more later.

And finally, I am happy to present to you the newest version of the Brawl Back Room's Official Brawl Tier List.

Tier List Version Four

S :metaknight:

HIGH
A :snake: :diddy: :falco: :popo: :marth: :warioc:
B :dedede: :pikachu2: :olimar: :lucario: :gw:

Middle
C :pit: :toonlink: :zerosuitsamus: :kirby2: :rob:
D :dk2: :peach: :fox: :luigi2: :wolf:
E :shiek: :pt: :sonic: :ness2: :bowser2:

Low
F :lucas: :ike: :yoshi2: :mario2: :falcon: :samus2: :jigglypuff:
G :zelda: :link2: :ganondorf:

Condensed Version:
S: Meta Knight
A: Snake, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers, Marth, Wario
B: King Dedede, Pikachu, Olimar, Lucario, Mr. Game & Watch
C: Pit, Toon Link, Zero Suit Samus, Kirby, R.O.B.
D: Donkey Kong, Peach, Fox, Luigi, Wolf
E: Sheik, Pokémon Trainer, Sonic, Ness, Bowser
F: Lucas, Ike, Yoshi, Mario, Falcon, Samus, Jigglypuff
G: Zelda, Link, Ganondorf
and...

>.>

ICEing

Smash Cadet

Nice. All it needs is the pokemon and ZSAMUS to fill the 4 corners.

Actually im MORE concerned on how to add a custom backround WITH the CSS

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm working on adding a custom background as we speak. I have on my main menu, and im gonna add the same one to the CSS and SSS. I may or may not add Zamus. If I do, I'll add Zamus and Sheik since they are considered separate characters. As for separate Pokemon, probably not.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
They are in tier ORDER. There aren't actually separated by tiers. Good job paying attention......
*below quote*

I may or may not add Zamus. If I do, I'll add Zamus and Sheik since they are considered separate characters. As for separate Pokemon, probably not.
just add them, they are separeted characters... how can you Point "they are considered"

how long are you even playing brawl? or even melee

melee had only the zelda icon, but sheik was top tier while zelda was not, so yeah they are considered separeted characters even from melee

just add them and do yourself a favor

ICEing

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I'm working on adding a custom background as we speak. I have on my main menu, and im gonna add the same one to the CSS and SSS. I may or may not add Zamus. If I do, I'll add Zamus and Sheik since they are considered separate characters. As for separate Pokemon, probably not.
Custom Backround would make it perfect since I have a menu one already

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Lmfao at you making fun of me. I've been playing Smash seriously for years now.

No one said you have to download my CSS. I put it up because I have had numerous requests for it (which OBVIOUSLY means that I'm doing something right). If you want your own, ****ING make your own. Stop trying to tear my down. Mine is aesthetically pleasing and IS in tier order. Characters aren't added because they aren't necessary.

Also, LMFAO again at you making fun of me on a professional level. I bet you don't even play in tourneys. If God is good, he will have you show up to a tourney that I attend and place you in my bracket first round.

Oh yeah, If you are going to make fun of me, try to use the English language correctly.

Case in point: "how long are you even playing brawl? or even melee"

For real? GTFO of here. I'm done with your dumbazz.

TommoPuppy

Smash Lord
NNID
Tommohawk
There's no need to get personal, Van Jones. Why don't you BOTH just stop this pointless argument? I like that idea better.

Van Jones

Smash Lord
No need to get personal. Yeah, you are on my ignore list as well. Good job paying attention to the argument, noob.

I was pestered to do something and then criticized for it when I finally finished it. I have all the rights in the world to be angry. Like I said to that douche, if you don't like it, make your own. You don't have to download it if you don't want to. I was just trying to be nice to all the people who asked me for my template.

As for those people who complimented me on my works, thanks guy. I appreciate it.

I'm done with this thread. I'll leave the link up, but if you want something from me, just pm me. Peace.

SalaComMander

Smash Rookie
Updated Tier List CSS v.2 [spunit262 and SalaComMander]
0668310C 00000040
387E006C 3B600000
3C808068 38840DE0
7CBB20AE 7CA50775
41800020 2C050029
40A10008 38A00028
94A30004 3B7B0001
2C1B0032 4180FFDC
48000028 60000000
04690338 48000068
066900d8 00000008
2c170028 41820168
02680DE0 0022FFFF
06680DE0 00000028
16261A13 1011151F
08182012 17240406
22010D07 09250F1C
1D1E270B 0C192105
000A0323 0E021429

That's right, it the NEW freakin' tier list (I don't know why I care)

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to request this, but I was referred to here from the "Tutorials, FAQs & Help" section. I'm looking for a code that will alphabetically organize the name list. Thanks in advance.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
I'm not sure if this is the right place for me to request this, but I was referred to here from the "Tutorials, FAQs & Help" section. I'm looking for a code that will alphabetically organize the name list. Thanks in advance.
i guess this is the right place but can you list them in that order for me and i'll do a code for it

Hitaku

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RyuujinHitaku
3DS FC
4184-2595-2024
i guess this is the right place but can you list them in that order for me and i'll do a code for it
Would it be possible to code something that automatically organizes them? Or maybe organizes them every time I load the game? Having a set organized list won't do too much for me because of how often new names enter / old ones get deleted at tournaments. If this isn't possible it's np, I'm really not sure what can be coded and what can't. Figured I would throw it out there in case it was possible.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Would it be possible to code something that automatically organizes them? Or maybe organizes them every time I load the game? Having a set organized list won't do too much for me because of how often new names enter / old ones get deleted at tournaments. If this isn't possible it's np, I'm really not sure what can be coded and what can't. Figured I would throw it out there in case it was possible.
probably is just many of the coders are around any more it could be possible through modifying a pac not sure

lordhelmet

Smash Master
The full screen DL isn't working!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: J/k it worked

OH MY GOD I JUST CAME GALLONS!!!!!!!

But uhh, how can I change or delete the CSPs? Some of the char tiles just randomly have different pictures lol.

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
lol ince im guessin you went to my thread for the download just read the red letter I posted how to do it.

Top Bottom